PDA

View Full Version : Haruhi syndrome

Desulishor
08-12-2010, 02:53 PM
While I'm generally content with my life as it is, I still find this world inifinitely dull when compared to anime. Of course, there's amazing things in science, and one must admire how "well crafted" the laws that hold this universe together are. But still, wouldn't it be cool if all those time travellers, aliens, espers and secret organisations existed?

Thus, tell us whether you agree, or you like the world as it is. Also post what kind of changes you think this world would need, if any.

Personally, i'd be happy with pretty much any change. While wishing for second impact is a little suicidal, even a ridiculous anime like B-daman, pokemon or Yogioh would be a riot if they became true (don't even get me started on the cheap imitations they're trying to sell us.) Living in a world of ninjas like Naruto would be downright badass. Perhaps I'm just jealous to Kyon. In those worlds the main character is always where stuff happens, but why can't my life be like that?

.Sev
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure every anime fan has thought this at one point, but I agree. Sometimes I wish I could be in those worlds... >.>

thcuteness
08-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Hmmmmm, I would love to like in the world of Pokemon thats been my dream since i was a small earth child :3.

Skylar1
08-12-2010, 03:29 PM
String theory permits such a place to exist. If there are an infinite number of variations in an infinite amount of parallel universe, then this automatically means that there is in fact a universe that exists for each and every possibility, regardless of whether one can imagine it up or not.

Though, getting to those other universe would prove difficult if not completely impossible. Another thing, is if we could create a device of sorts that could directly manipulate the probability of quantum particles that exist due to the uncertainty principle, and choose the exact places were particles would exist and where they wouldn't, then we could in theory have the ability to alter the fabric of reality it's self. From that, we could reshape reality to whatever we wanted to be.

Izzy Stizzlebonk
08-12-2010, 03:53 PM
World needs a lot of change for me to be content and interesting. But I am too lazy to post all that. Need more cookies.

But I wished there were different races. And I'm not talking about like different human races. I'm talking about like Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Galkas, Mi'qotes, and Hobbits.

Lord
08-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Changing the world so it can be similar to Naruto's world? No thanks, i don't want to get stabbed with a kunai by a random ninja.
There is only one thing i can say, after all the anime i have watched and still are watching, there is only one world i'll probably manage to live in, actually i would love to be a part of that world, the world of One Piece.

TheThunderBringer
08-12-2010, 08:47 PM
String theory permits such a place to exist. If there are an infinite number of variations in an infinite amount of parallel universe, then this automatically means that there is in fact a universe that exists for each and every possibility, regardless of whether one can imagine it up or not.

xD You just made my day, I've been considering that EVERY time I think of how I'd like to live in a world similar to something I've watched on TV or seen on the internet or read in a book.
I heard about it on The Universe (friggin' AWESOME show) and thought it was really interesting.

Red&Stiletto
08-12-2010, 09:33 PM
If I could morph the world into my own perspective to make it more interesting, it would be a suprisingly more awesome world than has ever before existed in any anime, manga, tv show, movie, or book. It would be the epic of epic worlds. :3

SigmaSD
08-13-2010, 12:25 AM
It's hard enough to maintain oneself in this world, now imagine how hectic it would be to have to worry about something else? No thanks. Well... it might not be that bad. I'm all for the whole "Pokemon should be real" type of scenario. Though I'd probably have to get Pokemon insurance just in case Dragonite obliterates my house with a hyper beam.

konkikushuro
08-13-2010, 01:00 AM
While I'm generally content with my life as it is, I still find this wold inifinitely dull when compared to anime. Of course, there's amazing things in science, and one must admire how "well crafted" the laws that hold this universe together are. But still, wouldn't it be cool if all those time travellers, aliens, espers and secret organisations existed?

Thus, tell us whether you agree, or you like the world as it is. Also post what kind of changes you think this world would need, if any.

Personally, i'd be happy with pretty much any change. While wishing for second impact is a little suicidal, even a ridiculous anime like B-daman, pokemon or Yogioh would be a riot if they became true (don't even get me started on the cheap imitations they're trying to sell us.) Living in a world of ninjas like Naruto would be downright badass. Perhaps I'm just jealous to Kyon. In those worlds the main character is always where stuff happens, but why can't my life be like that?
I AGREE WITH YOU ON ALL ACCOUNTS LIFE NOW JUUST PLAIN SUCKS TAKE IT FROM ME the one with the worst haruhiism ever but in a way some of our lives are like anime mine is a lot like a school anime XD

Wio
08-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Actually, I find that a lot of anime is quite boring or otherwise too dangerous to be worth living in.

genericusername2
08-13-2010, 04:29 AM
Whoa, you people want to be a drawing? I think you guys need to stop watching anime.