PDA

View Full Version : Define Yourself

Bulf
08-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Inspired by an interesting question my teacher asked us earlier...
A situation had occurred, and now you have to give a definition for your username based on how you act (online or offline), the things you (dis)like, etc. If your username already has a real definition, then get creative and make one up. You can do several of your usernames if you so choose, idc. I'll kick this off:

Ellipsis: Silent people who do surprising things at unsurprising times, or vice versa.

I'll do more when I get the time

Elphaba
08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Elphaba- pronounced El-pha-ba ~ A girl who cute, random, and fun to be around

often revered to as a witch =3

its actually a real name in one of my favorite books =3

.Sev
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Sev /seh-v/
-noun

A human being that has gained the highest attainable level of awesome.

Sevvie /seh-vee/
-adjective

Extremely adorable.

Lord
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Ser Ega, " The noble one " in my language.

Shini
08-10-2010, 09:49 PM
LordShinigami: An honorable title used on the most respected and feared in their respective villages. Often carry lightsabers and know many jutsu. See Hokage.

shug
08-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Shug - a girl with a mixed-up brain and strange vocabulary but a friendly disposition.
also known to do the shuggie shuffle :]

Lord
08-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Shug - a girl with a mixed-up brain and strange vocabulary but a friendly disposition.
also known to do the shuggie shuffle :]

Sounds cute =]

Skullmuncher
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Skullmuncher- A slightly psychotic but innocent human-like creature. ~(^0^)~

Red&Stiletto
08-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Change Of Color- An all emcompassing being that is everything and nothing cocurrently. Is prone to extreme bouts of hyperness and kindness and is known for it's unwitting flirtatous behavior. Loves desserts, candy, and anything sweet; also see things that break out in random singing/dancing.

.Tatty.
08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Older members will remember my username before the enforced name change was "Tatty Bojangles", which is what comedian Russell Howard used as a way if saying Boobs. As for now I go by tattster which is a variation on the word Tatty

tat·ty (tt)
adj. tat·ti·er, tat·ti·est
Somewhat worn, shabby, or dilapidated.
[Probably from tat, a rag, shabby person.]

Lily Rock
08-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Taloth - Idiotic, yet smart WoW addicted manly man. ;)

*Tsuki*
08-11-2010, 01:37 AM
*Tsuki*: Awesome.
(I'll actually write something, later, but this seems quite fitting for now)

Desulishor
08-11-2010, 02:01 AM
desulishor: originally derived from demolishor, my first username over the internet which in turn is a tribute to demolishor of transformers armada. Desulishor started out as a variation that i used when original was taken or when i felt a little wacky. The names i use seldomly do nothing to define myself, and the closest describable thing i can derive from desulishor is something like this. 30835(image taken from cosmicbreak) but basically an animenized version of my old username and naturally the guns go "desu desu desu" when they fire.

Acnologia
08-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Aiacos: Resident Garuda. Likes sleeping and being lazy while playing video games or watching movies. Usually nice to everyone unless given a reason not to be. Lives off Seras.

Older members will remember my username before the enforced name change was "Tatty Bojangles", which is what comedian Russell Howard used as a way if saying Boobs. As for now I go by tattster which is a variation on the word Tatty

It made me lol while it lasted.

Izzy Stizzlebonk
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Izzy Stizzlebonk = Friends call me Izzy + Bixi Wobblebonk is my favorite gnome NPC in World of Warcraft. Her name is so cool. I was listening to one of Snoop's songs, and one his raps gave me an idea; I took off the Wobble and added Stizzle. Stizzlebonk. Fashizzlemynizzle.

What defines Izzy Stizzlebonk? I'd say: Real. Crazy. Man.

Nanobyte
08-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Sev /seh-v/
Sevvie /seh-vee/
-adjective

Extremely adorable.

Hehehe. :laugh:

Amber. (Note: Dutch name)
Àm-bér.
Means sunlight or sunshine.
Is also a material made from trees and bugs or something. O_o Sometimes used in jewelry.

AF Amber: Cheerful, hyper person who likes having lots of friends.

blueangel06661
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Blueangel06661- /Blue / Angel / Meaningless numbers:

A good supporter of kanna from Air.

TheThunderBringer
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
TheThunderBringer- [th uh thuhn der brɪŋ er]
adj.

Of or pertaining to any one or more Gods of Thunder.

The Butcher
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
The Butcher-the person who is the leader of all butchers in the world.

-GAZKUL-
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
GAZKUL- comes from the name Ghazghkull and is used to describe an extremelly stubborn person.

St Jimmy- a Green Day song

Infinita
08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Infinita: A chibi girl who is extremely chibily cute

Skylar1
08-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Ericgamer1

First we must break it down into it's basic parts:

Eric /ˈɛrɪk/

Meanings: one, alone, prince, powerful, rich

As a loose translation, it would equate to something such as "Eternal Ruler".

gamer

While the basic definition is "one who plays games", the broader concept can be seen as "one who controls from a distance/remote manipulation"; "controller" ; "omnipotent"; "one who has executive decision over action(s) taken";

this can be best akin to a to a Manipulator controlling a Marionette. Or, one who projects their actions/feelings through the use of an avatar. Though, both notions will work just the same.

Side-note:
(because the proper noun is already stated in the username, capitalizing the "g" is improper, and should be avoided.)

Definitions: single, one, mono, unique, first, front

The use of "1" has many implications; for the purpose of definition I will focus on those that apply most.

1 is a numerical value that can be written as "one", but written as a number can be used to express a "top value" such through the use of "1st", or "#1".

1 is also a whole number, so it can be viewed more closely as 1/1, or 1.0, or 100%; Thereby meaning "completeness"; or "all things in place".

"one" is also a homophone in the English language for "won". So can also express "success"; "triumph"; or just by other means "advantage".

This is good, now we can explain the correlation:

- /Ericgamer/;
By this we can say that itcould equate on a basic level as, "The gamer known as Eric"; or "Eric, The gamer". Which ever phrase you feel is best, is your preference really.

Note: that "Eric is a gamer" is an incorrect usage. Not because it is untrue, but because it gives a casual correlation. Both "Eric" and "gamer" can equally be used as the Subject, but "gamer" should NEVER be used as the predicate.

-/gamer1/;
This is slightly more simple. (basic)- "gamer, 1" Which can just be a preposition ; such as "player 1" on a game. It more importantly, as mentioned above, that it can be seen as "the gamer won" because of the homophone.

This alone, holds slightly less value as to the overall definition, but is still something that should be noted.

So, we put all the elements and smaller parts, ideas, and concepts together as one, and we get:

-/Ericgamer1/;
A loose overall translation can be seen here as: "The Eternal Ruler [Eric], the one who controls all [gamer], succeeds/wins/becomes victorious [1]"

I'm also an artist and enjoy symmetry, and due to the fact that "Eric" can mean "one", we essentially get sort of word Palindrome

genericusername2
08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm a real prick.

John Watson
08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Lali pronounced "La-Lee" ; synonym ; Lolli, also short for lollipop!

Definition: Ditzy, humurous and can be clueless at many times. Cute but crazy, sweet yet feisty.

SigmaSD
08-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Sev /seh-v/
-noun

A human being that has gained the highest attainable level of awesome.

I'm pretty sure that's the definition of Sigma's left Thumb.

Σ (Sigma)- 18th Greek letter of the alphabet that carries an "S" sound.

SD- Initials of AF's superhero.

When Σ and SD are combined, the force of the universe collides, thus creating a god-like mortal that spews excellence out of every pore. Has tendencies to act immature, which is a ruse to keep enemies confused. Most people also utter the word "ΣSD" right before they die.

Also, see "Jackie Chan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Chan)"

tomabird
08-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Tomabird: A small, tomahawk, looking creature. Loves to eat socks. Will kill anything that holds a pineapple.

Also, a professional procrastinator.

Furore
08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Furore - A loud, vile, lazy person who if not working a low work, high income job can generally be found sleeping, hanging around with or without mates drinking or playing old skool video games.

Vyndrasta
08-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Vyndrasta - 404 Error - File Not Found

...damn those Area 51 folks. Got me again.

Bradi-Kun
08-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Bradi-Kun

Definition: A very meek, knowledgeable and somewhat psychotic individual. Sometimes a loner and somewhat co-dependent of his friends which is his downfall.

Ellxeeva
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Ellxeeva

pronounced as "el-sheh-eh-vah" or "el-shee-vah"

definition: crazeh, cheerful and naughteh! :p

Mrmojorisin74
09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
mrmojorisin74: Low self-confidence but hidden inner strength, lover all good music and women. A poet.

Psyco_Panda
09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Well I'm short. That is the lil. And the cricket is cuz I don't kill anything except spiders. And it sounds cute.

Finale
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I would say I am a Marmite man. You either love me or hate me.

Meenah
09-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Sheng Li [胜利] \shèn'g lì\, noun
Definition: soft-spoken, friendly, creative and idealistic individual.
socially easy-going; peaceful. member in AF; very confused.

Origin: Sheng Li in Chinese means victory in the English
language. Female Chinese given name established in 1992.

Its my Chinese given name from my family. c: They don't like my real name because they actually have a problem pronouncing it. Whenever I see them, they call me by it. c: So I use it here on AF, yay.

BiggSam
09-09-2010, 09:55 PM
well, I am Sam, and I'm 6'2" and weigh 200lbs; hence the name BiggSam

HAL 9000
09-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Srk (surk; sir-kay; ess-are-kay) - noun - An innovative human, with extreme liking for bass. Has an ability to fix many things. Very persuasive.

Cobra Commander
09-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Cobra Commander - commander of various forces of evil. Has a high pitched voice, moonlights as backup singer for Gorgoroth. Affinity for snakes. Often comes up with diabolical plans, rarely sees them through to fruition. Hates the French, destroyed the Eiffel Tower.

Matty
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Matty = ME

Pizza loving, Beer drinking, Game beating, HOBO!

I'm not creative with usernames, but I like to present myself the way I am... which is ME! Very self conceited, ME ME ME ME!!!

Nanobyte
09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Hyper-active-always-cheerful-annoying-awesome-brat. o.o

Kanjoudakai_Ira
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Kanjoudakai = Assassin
Ira= Wrath.
I think that pretty much sums it up.

-GAZKUL-
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
The GAZKULian approach: a standpoint that is soo laid back that it will drive people insane

Anime-Prince
10-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Anime-Prince:

Real name-
Jonny.

Usually found-
In bed trying to sleep.
On the grass outside, cloud watching.
In a swimming pool, or lake, floating on my back.

Notable qualities-
Listens.
Calm.

Notable faults-
Lazy.
No sense of urgency.

Kaname Shikara
10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Kirako Shima [Key-rah-ko] [She-mah] -Noun-

Definition: An individual with wolf ears and a wolf tail. Very shy with hidden feelings. Usually trying to be cheerful online. Wanting to help everyone because she's highly empathetic and feels others pain. Most of the time though, she fails in her helping...always hoping differently.

Vintniv
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Serated (noun) - The act of being as creative as one's mistakes.

Serated (adjective) - Having a serious or critical attitude.

Serated (verb) - To express honesty in favor of lying.

Armageddon
10-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Armageddon (är'mə-gĕd'n)
n.

Bible. The scene of a final battle between the forces of good and evil, prophesied to occur at the end of the world.
A decisive or catastrophic conflict.
An online gamers' user I.D for a gnarly lady in the sweet land of down-under uses to exhibit her skills and engage on first person shooter games that people challenge her too. (I completely fail at Halo)
My Name.
Kyaroru (Kee-Yah-Roh-Roo)
Short version as you have guessed - Kia ( Pronounced Kee-yuh)
Meanings;
Freedom~
A young lady, whom is trying to leave a positive mark within her society, a full active member of the 'save our sharks' conservation group. Is prone to clumsiness, and moments of sheer embarrassment caused by the 'tripping on her own feet' feature. Have moments of great weakness as she strolls past stores that consist of shoes, clothing, bags, books, anime and games. Speaks her mind a little too freely and too brutally without any consolation on how that would impact on the other person. Realist - Loyal - Caring – Cynic – Loud – Obnoxious – Vain.

Saxima
10-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Saxima-(p.n.) [SAKS-i-MA]
-Loud
-Bipolar
-"Aggresive" and "Violent"
-Lazy
-Creative

etc, and all that nonsense.

Light Buster
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Light Buster

Noun

Definition: A person who busts light out of people, objects, etc. Also a gamer on Xbox Live.

.:neuko:.
10-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Neuko [new-koh]

Definition:

Noun: Person whom is attracted to or likes to emulate anything extremely artistic, awesome, or cute.
Adjective: Charmingly or artistically extreme.
Verb: Draw favourable attraction through extremity.