PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Device] No Power on laptop

Bulf
08-04-2010, 11:24 PM
So a few weeks ago, I went to turn on my lovely laptop, and boom! Nothing happened. So, now my computer refuses to turn on at all. The power button refuses to work, and the power button on the remote for it refuses as well. I brought a new charger and battery, hoping it would solve it. It didn't. So, is there actually anything I can do apart from buying a new computer? And, if I were to get a new laptop, what should I look for?

If it helps, I have a HP Pavillion dv2500 (i think it's 2500), with Vista Home Premium on it. I've barely had if for two years, so the battery shouldn't have been dead.

Ashminigun
08-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Most probably one of your laptop power supply component(s) had fried. If I was you, I would try to salvage the laptop via sending it to a 3rd party repair shop. They probably charge around $100 but there is 50% chances that that you might not able to charge your battery or other problem occurs.

If you send it to HP Service Centre, they might charge you more since they change the whole board but more reliable (sort of).

I would recommend you to salvage your laptop hard disk and buy a new one instead.

Mr. Gruntsworthy
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
IcsRotaluclac pretty much has it spot on.

Lord
08-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Do you hear any peeps when you try to start the laptop?