PDA

View Full Version : Asking people to leave.

miniPhil
08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
So I've been eating pistachio nuts the whole evening and my lips got very dry. Instead of just drinking some water I went for something sweet and threw together a milkshake(nothin fancy, just some bananas and strawberries). Anyway I'm drinking my milkshake and I notice theres like 20-30 guys just standing around in the front of my yard.
Its nearly half 12 at night and this is really creepy. How do I ask them to leave without being rude?

DOOM!
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
If you reaaaally need advice, just walk to them and ask what's the deal/somebody died?, then tell them they shouldn't be standing there all night because the neighbors could get touchy and you'd like to get some sleep yourself.
But don't listen to me, go tell them to GTFO, boy!

miniPhil
08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
If you reaaaally need advice, just walk to them and ask what's the deal/somebody died?, then tell them they shouldn't be standing there all night because the neighbors could get touchy and you'd like to get some sleep yourself.
But don't listen to me, go tell them to GTFO, boy!
Yes sir!

EDIT: Ok so I went out and they weren't exactly happy or anything. I think they want money or something.

Digital Dragon
08-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Are you in an apartment or a house? If it is a house and it's your lawn, they have no business being there. If they were doing that here, I would suspect them of being drug dealers.

Aku no Hikari
08-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Wat... Is this some kind of joke I did not understand?

Anyway, just in case, if things get a bit too creepy, it's a perfect time to call for IRL help.

Edit: Btw, I'm not telling you to freak out... since that's almost always a bad idea.

DOOM!
08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes sir!

EDIT: Ok so I went out and they weren't exactly happy or anything. I think they want money or something.

What the hell? Are they at LEAST doing drugs or drinking on you lawn?
Look, I can't tell you what to do, since I don't know the full context, but if they look like they're gonna mug you for a few dollars if you come out, then just wait inside until they get bored.

miniPhil
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Anyway, just in case, if things get a bit too creepy, it's a perfect time to call for IRL help.
I really wouldn't joke about something like this. Its far too serious. Anyway I took your advice and rang the police but they're all asleep now. The guys in my yard have increased to 50 at this stage but they don't seem to be very aggressive or anything. They're all just standing there. I'll go to bed now and hopefully they will be gone in the morning.

Aku no Hikari
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
... :/

If you're alone at home, I think you should call someone like a relative or a trusted friend, preferably a man (... not to be sexist here...), to come and stay with you. If they're planning for something creepy and they see people coming in and out of the house, they'll think it's dangerous for them to stay here and they might consider going somewhere else.

Edit: But since they're as much as 50, I think it's unlikely for them to be a gang or some drug dealers. They might just be normal people gathering for some event.

miniPhil
08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
... :/

If you're alone at home, I think you should call someone like a relative or a trusted friend, preferably a man (... not to be sexist here...), to come and stay with you. If they're planning for something creepy and they see people coming in and out of the house, they'll think it's dangerous for them to stay here and they might consider going somewhere else.

Edit: But since they're as much as 50, I think it's unlikely for them to be a gang or some drug dealers. They might just be normal people gathering for some event.

Nah its cool. I took your advice and gave one of my friends a ring and he agrees with you in that they must be gathering for some event or something. They're not doing much so I'll leave it and go to bed. Tnx.

Diocletian
08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I'd be tripping balls only because there's a lot of people. Otherwise tell them "Hey guys, GTFO you're on my lawn" and that's it. Nothin fancy, just tell them to GTFO.

TheThunderBringer
08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Are you serious? 50 people? Impressive, unless you have some shotgun shells you can fire off, and the police didn't answer (where do you live???), then I suggest just waiting it out, but try to keep an eye on them...

SigmaSD
08-02-2010, 11:27 PM
You should call the police or else hose them down with water. That's what I did once, though I got in trouble once I found out it turned out to be my uncles.

If worse comes to worst you can always whip out a shotgun like Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino.

Alcmaeonid
08-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Hø-hø (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CIUkmERKA4&feature=related)

Can't believe nobody caught that.

Capernicus
08-03-2010, 03:52 AM

It might be funny if that link worked.

-GAZKUL-
08-03-2010, 05:13 AM
A frein of my dad's had a lot of hippies camped in one of his feilds and they wouldn't leave so he turned the muck spreader on them.

miniPhil
08-03-2010, 05:37 AM

I'm very surprised myself. The thread was supposed to be for various joke replies but then load didn't get the reference.

Rei
08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
They're just...weird. And why are they gathering on YOUR lawn for some random event and won't get off when YOU ask them to? Lol and the police are asleep. Those're just queers.

@Alcmaeonid (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=224760): LOL. I see.

Eris
08-03-2010, 10:04 AM
You asked in the wrong place. Here (http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=65) is where you need to ask questions pertaining to keeping others off your lawn.

Aku no Hikari
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm very surprised myself. The thread was supposed to be for various joke replies but then load didn't get the reference.

I really wouldn't joke about something like this.

You made it look more serious than it should by saying that.

SigmaSD
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
What akunoHikari said.
Now even if you tried to explain the joke, it would just end in fail.

*Tsuki*
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
. . . I don't get it. ._.

Diocletian
08-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Wait, are you implying a group similar to the KKK or the Necromanicide are outside trying to kill you?

Alcmaeonid
08-04-2010, 02:10 AM
On a related note: this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjXvbe5rGg&feature=related) is full of win.

miniPhil
08-04-2010, 07:30 AM
You made it look more serious than it should by saying that.
Thats because you didn't pick up on it originally, so I decided to take it elsewhere and see how long I could keep it up before someone noticed. I thought my first two posts were pretty obvious.

3pleT
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
This one's simple: Play really experimental music really loud and wait.

Alphabet
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Bring out a giant meat cleaver all bloody and so. . .wait, don't do that.
Make sandwiches, obviously. A man needs their sandwich!
ooshy ooshy ooshy