PDA

View Full Version : Plz help me name this anime...

hondask8erjames
08-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Ok, so about...15 years ago i saw this anime on adult swim...and i totally forgot about it till now, and i remeber it was AMAZING...and i need help finding out wtf it was called =/

This is what i remeber...

There was a train that ppl road on, humans and robots were fighting, similar to the matrix or terminator, and the robots would drink the humans souls outta shot glas type things for energy...i beleive a boy was a robot and he was the main charicter, but im not 100% sure on the robot thing...humans were all thruout the solor system too i think, we were losing bad against the robots...anybody know? IDK i think it had a "666 train " or somthing in the title..HELP ME PLZ!

MirrorToTheMoon
08-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Could it possibly be '666 Satan' (or, alternatively, O-Parts Hunter)? It sounds a little like it.

hondask8erjames
08-02-2010, 05:39 AM
No its not satan 666 :( anybody else wana help? i thought it was called express train 666 maybe? **** idk... i remeber a bit more now, i think robots controlled earth and we were scatter thru out the solar system, but what i remeber most now, is that the robots used out souls for food, but they didnt know about it, the robots had feels like humans, and one of the main chariters was a robot and found out about it and it crushed her/him....ill throw in $20 over paypal if someone helps me find it!

Lord
08-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Miracle Train?

EDIT: Totally wrong, sumimasen!

wolfgirl90
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Ok, so about...15 years ago i saw this anime on adult swim...and i totally forgot about it till now, and i remeber it was AMAZING...and i need help finding out wtf it was called =/

Well, I don't think you saw it on Adult Swim as Adult Swim is not even that old yet. Hell, Cartoon Network itself is only 17 years old.

Try Galaxy Express 999. I remember robots and travels around the galaxy. That's just about it.:p

Darkseid
08-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Ani-Matrix.

Just guessing, they showed it once.

hondask8erjames
08-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Ani-Matrix.

Just guessing, they showed it once.

No im for sure its not the ani matrix...that GE999 seems very close to it, but its missing the KEY PART, that i remeber....that robots were drinking the humans souls...but they didnt know, they thought it was some elixar or somthing...**** this is driving me nuttz...it might not of been adult swim at the time, i just remeber it being VERY late...i was in j.r. high, so it had to been around 15 years ago at least.. =/ this is making me very sad...$50 over paypal to whoever gives me the correct anime..

Capernicus
08-09-2010, 01:52 AM
What style was the art? Shoujo? Shounen? Was this a movie or a TV series?

I am fairly sure the anime you seek is indeed Galaxy Express 999. You should buy a vhs and see if it looks familiar before you dismiss it.

hondask8erjames
08-09-2010, 05:40 AM
What style was the art? Shoujo? Shounen? Was this a movie or a TV series?

I am fairly sure the anime you seek is indeed Galaxy Express 999. You should buy a vhs and see if it looks familiar before you dismiss it.

I looked on YouTube and it looks so simluar BUT it doesn't seen to have a key plot I remeber, humans were in a war vs robots :(

Capernicus
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I looked on YouTube and it looks so simluar BUT it doesn't seen to have a key plot I remeber, humans were in a war vs robots :(

According to wikipedia, there are several adaptations of the series. It could be any one of them that has this key element you're seeking, and it might not be noted in any plot synopsis due to spoilers.