PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Fans?!

D Morning Star
07-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey I was just wondering are there any street fighter fans here on AF

I love street fighter big time! and I currently play SSF4 on the xbox360

any challengers?

who is your favorite character? Why

How long have you been in to the series?

Chinmoku
08-01-2010, 04:26 AM
I am a fan, but I do not own any anime or games of the series unfortuently :(
I have played on the old gameboy advance games though, and I love Guile, Ken, Cammy and so many more characters.

I would love to play the other games but I do not own a PS3 or Xbox 360

animefreakxp
08-09-2010, 04:35 PM
My favorite characters are Chun-Li, Sakura, Cammy, Juri, and C.Viper. (I mostly like the girls, cause they're not so heavy, faster, and jump more easily. I can't stand heavy weight characters, even if the light weight characters are a bit weaker.)

The first Street Fighter I ever played was Street Fighter 2. So I've been playing Street Fighter since...I was 7 ish?

Too bad I don't have a 360, I would be playing SSIV right now, it's so much fun when I play over a friend's house!

kellylife
08-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I tried it, but I'm not addicted to it, lol.

Izzy Stizzlebonk
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Man, I grew up with Street Fighter! Started back with Vanilla Street Fighter II in middle school. Always goin' to the liquor store at lunch with a bunch of friends, and just challenge dudes from different schools. I started out with Ryu, but I switched the Ken in my later years. Realized I was more of Shoryuken kind of guy.

Always have been an below average skilled player. Still am to this day.

RenegadeC4v
08-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Been a fan for a long time. Remember playing the original SF2 at the arcades all the time when I was a kid, so much so that my parents just bought me game for the SNES one day just so I would stop begging them for quarters every day. My fav character has always been ken. He's the first guy I choose when I first played the game, he (and ryu too obviously) was the one whos moves I learned the quickest and always had the most success with so thats the reason.

Condey
08-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Story time response!:

I've always been an FPS and RTS fanatic for most of my gaming career but recently on an impulse I decided to branch out and buy Super Street Fighter 4. Naturally, I brought it home and tried my stuff out online.

Now, I used to have a really low opinion of the fighting genre so you can imagine how I snickered to myself amidst thoughts of pounding on people online by abusing the so-called 'overpowered' characters only to get a thorough *** kicking that left both my character and my pride bruised and beaten.

Anyone with some fighter experience have any basic tips for a noob like me? I wanna' build some fundimentals and improve.

Psyco_Panda
09-01-2010, 01:31 AM
I thought they stopped making tht game. I haven't heard of it since the 90's.

.:neuko:.
10-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah I'd say I'm pretty much a fan of the series; though not exactly hardcore. I own Street Fighter Anniversary Edition on XBox, which has all versions of SF2 and SF3 3rd Strike. I like 3rd Strike the most, but sadly it was a little underrated in my opinion.

Anyway, my favourite characters are Akuma, Chun Li, Sakura, Cammy, and Guile. Oh... and I've also played Street Fighter 4 on my bro's PC; but as great as it is, I'm not prepared to by a 360 or PS3 for it... especially given that both consoles only do SF4 (and SSF4) in 720p, whereas my bro's PC does it in 1080p, no problem. Nothing personal Capcom, but I can't stand 720p; that's not excusable in the light of commonplace full HDTVs. But I'm straying from the topic now, so I'll leave it at that.

RexCars
10-23-2010, 06:49 PM
I'll play anyone on the forums, although my connection has been dropping me from games quite often lately. It's an issue with my wireless, but I'll soon be connecting right into the wall tomorrow.

I'm on Xbox. Gamertag is DinoBomb

Feel free to add me if you would like to play some sets.

Sky1995
10-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I love Street Fighter IV
i have it on my Xbox 360
but my livedoesnt work so i can't play online -->YET<--
and my fav character is: Ken cause he's awesome to play with

SigmaSD
10-24-2010, 07:28 PM
I prefer street fighter 2 or street fighter alpha 3. my favorite character is Ryu of course since I can pretty much take out 3 people in Marvel vs Capcom with just that character. My second favorite character is Eagle, that British guy with the batons.

I'm not much into street fighter though, Tekken is where its at.

Lord Tsukuyomi
10-25-2010, 07:33 AM
The Street Fighter series has been with me for a long time. Classic two player action. 2d fighting at its best. I dont have a Xbox but oh well, I dont have internet access atm anyway. My fav. characters are Gouken, Abel, Sakura and Ibuki. (Ibuki/Super Street Fighter 4)

Aleyna
01-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Chun-Li and Sakura, because those girls kick buns!