PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there should be restriction put on where a person can use a cell phones

Hypatia
07-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Why do you think that there should/shouldn’t be restrictions put on where a person can use their cell phones?

Eris
07-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Studies have shown that phone calls calls while driving are distracting to the point where they're a serious hazard. So restrictions on calling and texting while driving are more than justified.

DOOM!
07-26-2010, 08:06 AM
I hate restrictions to phone or smoke while driving. I say it's bull and the people who think it's justifiable should have their ears cut off!

I can understand why use of cellphone usage is restricted in certain places, IT'S ANNOYING AS HELL! All those retarded douches yapping and yapping and yapping and yapping and yapping small talk with some other retarded douche on the other end make me wanna SHOVE THAT PHONE IN THEIR SKULL!!!!!!!

Desulishor
07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
driving i can sorta understand, unlike listening to music, speaking into your cellphone requires (at least some) brainpower. public traffic on the other hand, completely useless, since ppl are to talkin annoying stuff to their friends anyway. This is why I never leave home without my personal at-field enhancer, aka mp3 player with big earphones.

John Watson
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
The purpose of a cell phone is to be used wherever, whenever and however. I dont really have a problem with people using their phones around me because thats what is was built for. I agree that it should not be used while driving though, its life-threatening!

If someone is talking on the phone around you, oh well, they need to talk to someone and they have to do it there. No one is forcing you to listen in on their conversation because its none of your business. Whaddya gonna do, yank the phone from their ear and stomp on it? I think not.

Skylar1
07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Talking on the phone while driving, while it poses a threat, is still way safer than texting while driving.

Might just as well pull a blindfold over your face every 30 seconds.

For an experienced driver though, the chances of anything happening while talking on the phone is low.

DOOM!
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
The purpose of a cell phone is to be used wherever, whenever and however. I dont really have a problem with people using their phones around me because thats what is was built for. I agree that it should not be used while driving though, its life-threatening!

If someone is talking on the phone around you, oh well, they need to talk to someone and they have to do it there. No one is forcing you to listen in on their conversation because its none of your business. Whaddya gonna do, yank the phone from their ear and stomp on it? I think not.

iYhNF3hyBKc

Elphaba
07-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree with .Lali. That's what cell phones were made for and on once is forcing you to listen to their conversation.

The only restriction when a person shouldn't be using a cell phone is while driving. No one is that good at multitasking. And they tend to pay more attention to the text then the road.

And i go with what Ericgamer1 said because it's true.

Hypatia
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I think people should not use a cell phone whiledriving and in the movies and in banks

Eris
07-26-2010, 11:19 AM
For an experienced driver though, the chances of anything happening while talking on the phone is low.

Oh really?

Many studies have shown that using hand-held cellphones while driving can constitute a hazardous distraction. However, the theory that hands-free sets are safer has been challenged by the findings of several studies. A study from researchers at the University of Utah, published in the summer 2006 issue of Human Factors, the quarterly journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, concludes that talking on a cellphone while driving is as dangerous as driving drunk, even if the phone is a hands-free model. An earlier study by researchers at the university found that motorists who talked on hands-free cellphones were 18 percent slower in braking and took 17 percent longer to regain the speed they lost when they braked.

[source (http://www.iii.org/media/hottopics/insurance/cellphones/)]

Skylar1
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I think people should not use a cell phone whiledriving and in the movies and in banks

Well, you can't really use your cell phone in the movie theaters for the most part anyways.

Furore
07-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm of the opinion that cell phones should be usable anywhere, but annoying ringtones should be banned everywhere.
Yeah, they can detract from your driving ability, but if the amount is comparable to drinking I wouldn't be too worried as all the drunks I know manage to drive home alright every time, and most people I know here fit that category.

Wolfie Poo
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Texting or talking while driving is obviously a don't.

Outside of that, I think everyone should use there cellphone when ever or where ever; except not in a class room. /:

tenzo_groupie
07-27-2010, 03:48 AM
but annoying ringtones should be banned everywhere.

Yes, please do ban those annoying tones. >:)
I think talking on mobile phones while driving have already been banned in NSW. But I think that's the rule for hand held phones.

Furore
07-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Yes, please do ban those annoying tones. >:)
I think talking on mobile phones while driving have already been banned in NSW. But I think that's the rule for hand held phones.

Yeah, it's banned. My mate had a few issues with a cop over it and ended up getting done for more than just talking on a mobile. :laugh:

BiggSam
07-27-2010, 07:20 AM
It doesn't matter, it would be a law like seatbelts and speeding...if you care you'll obey them. I wear my belt, not because I'm told to, but because it'll end up saving my tail if some moron on the road hits me. I don't bother with speed limits because I can control my vehicle...I drive only as fast as I feel safe driving (even if its 15-20 mph over the speed limit). I talk on my phone where I want to because it was made to be convenient, and, by god, I'll use it at my convenience. As far as talking in public places, I know my manners and its rude to be an obnoxious @$$, so I don't do it out of principal. If someone wants to talk on their phone, the most anyone'll actually do is: 1-glare at them, hoping the person gets the hint, 2-say something to a manager or someone along those lines, or 3-ask the person nicely to shut up or go away. Generally the person will wrap it up or leave, but if they don't no-one is hurt so its just a nuisance.

Sanosuke23
07-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Use of cellphones while driving, in movie theaters or sit-down, decent restaurants, except in the case of emergencies(like 9-1-1 emergencies, not the Peterson account needs to be done by tomorrow emergencies) should be banned. The first is for safety and therefore should be a law, the rest should just be good goddamn manners and while there shouldn't be a legal restriction, it should just be a rule at every establishment of that kind.

DOOM!
07-27-2010, 08:52 AM
[report of inconclusive surveys with modified percentages ran by insurance companies with maximum interest to increase restrictions that if valicated by their customers, will result well to the company's profit (http://www.iii.org/media/hottopics/insurance/cellphones/)]
fx'd

I stack my handheld phone in my tightass jeans pockets and go through phonebirth labour whenever some dunce decides to call me when I'm driving. I refuse to get me one of those fancy bluetooth stereos because Firstly, I'm too poor; Secondly, BUNCHES DON'T KNOW 'BOUT MY COCAINE SMUGGLING - I need privacy; and Thirdly, wasting minutes on slow, buggy, Symbian technology to synchronize/desynchronize my BT with other devices just for a few minutes of driveby-stop-and-pickup is not productive at all.

Shinn Kamiyra
07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Why do you think that there should/shouldn’t be restrictions put on where a person can use their cell phones?

As many have already said, driving and talking on a cell at the same time is simply too dangerous. Even for an experienced driver, that doesn't change that a moment's lack of concentration and/or focus can turn deadly. It's the road after all, and you should never depend on anyone but yourself to keep yourself safe.

That being said, it's not like there aren't plenty of other places that are inappropriate for a cell; like a movie theater for example. If someone's going to take a cell, and I would hope it's an important one, they should at least have the courtesy to take it outside. Places like music and opera halls, and other such places where peace and quiet on the audience's part are important should fall in line with appropriate use of a cell.