PDA

View Full Version : In Need of a Pick-Me-Up

TheThunderBringer
07-26-2010, 01:58 AM
So, over the past 2 months or so I have watched (some re-watched)
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Gundam 00 (I would like 10 hours of my life back)
Devil May Cry (don't remind me)
Elfen Lied
and read 230somethin' chapters of Berserk

If you can't tell, those are some pretty dark and downtrodden shows, and I've forgotten what happiness feels like.

Can anyone recommend some 'happier' shows?

GrimStride™
07-26-2010, 02:15 AM
First anime that comes to mind is Great Teacher Onizuka.Although it does have some drama it's still my favorite comedy anime.Other cheerful series you could check out are Cromartie High School and Desert Punk which is a pretty good one as well.Golden boy is short on episodes(around six),it's a bit ecchi and has it's moments so it's basically worth the download.

The Butcher
07-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Fairy Tail,though I am sure you are watching it already.

Desulishor
07-26-2010, 02:51 AM
if you don't mind the lack of a general storylíne, there's always lucky star. another series with great humor is full metal panic fumoffu. both are a bit old, so in case you have trouble finding them on the web, you can also try seitokai yakuindomo, a currently running series oriented to short and sligthly perverted gags.

Darkseid
07-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Nerima Daikon Brothers.

A Nabeshin made musical about three people who take from crooks while dealing with an even crazier police woman and eventually fight the highest office in the land.

I laughed so freaking hard. xD

小美ドクロchan
07-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Nerima Daikon Brothers.

A Nabeshin made musical about three people who take from crooks while dealing with an even crazier police woman and eventually fight the highest office in the land.

I laughed so freaking hard. xD

SECONDED.

Darkseid, I find it a little freaky that we thought of the EXACT same show. XD

Make sure you watch it in English though. The dub is 10000000 times better!!

Other cute, funny shows: Doujin Work, Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star and School Rumble.

TheThunderBringer
07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Forgot to mention, I've already seen Lucky Star and Azumanga, not to say I wouldn't rewatch them in an instant lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm surprised I haven't watched GTO yet, and I'll check out those other shows I haven't heard of. ^^

Doom85
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll second School Rumble. Pani Poni Dash and Negima?! (the second adaptation) are pretty upbeat and lighthearted as well.

Gjallarhorn
07-26-2010, 01:58 PM
If you haven't seen it yet, Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden). Best anime of 2009, by a very wide margin.