PDA

View Full Version : Your google-fu

Eris
07-23-2010, 08:38 PM
How strong is your google-fu, your ability to find relevant information off google?

GameGeeks
07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I can find just about anything with the right combination of key words. Know how to search for just the key words I enter, without using the advance tab, too.

Bulf
07-23-2010, 11:34 PM
I amazed myself several times with my exceptional gogle skills. If you need something found, and I'm on google then it's possible. But for future reference gogle > google.

-GAZKUL-
07-24-2010, 07:30 AM
it is one of the very few things i am actually a natural at, unnervingly good at finding anything. if its on google i'll find it.

aNGRY sCOT
07-24-2010, 08:35 AM
i donny ask gaggle frae answurs gagle asks me frae awnsurs.

Elphaba
07-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I've gotten excellent with google recently.

I can pretty much find anything I'm looking for.

I'm especially good with looking for famous people info or for song lyrics (just by typing in a line or two)

smile1010
07-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm decent. I mean whenever i look things up on google i usually just get a link of wikipedia. WORKS FOR ME!

Aku no Hikari
07-24-2010, 09:26 PM
But is using Google something that REALLY needs "skill"?

I can work well with search operators and all, and I often type search URL's right away when I want to tell people to "USE GOOGLE!!!11" instead of actually googling it and then copy-pasting the URL (seriously, the latter is time-consuming!!). And I have the ability to dig anything out of the internet's butt, no matter how eccentric it is. (Well, as long as it IS on the internet, and is publicly accessible.)

Though I suck to some extent at finding downloadable pir8 music mp3's.

.Sev
07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
When I get in front of a computer screen with google on it, I enter what I like to call, "The Zone", a state of mind where I am One With The Search Browser and nothing can distract me from my quest of searching for information.

Memento Mori
07-25-2010, 11:25 PM
I have mastered the ways of the Google.

GameGeeks
07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
When I get in front of a computer screen with google on it, I enter what I like to call, "The Zone", a state of mind where I am One With The Search Browser and nothing can distract me from my quest of searching for information.

Yes, but do you know of the google rabbit?

DOOM!
07-26-2010, 04:14 AM
I NEVER-EVER ... EVER hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button; I am not the chosen one. But I read about what it does.
Honestly.