PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new anime. Just finished Code Geass

Nelmeco
07-16-2010, 12:20 PM
I have just finished Code Geass and it completely blew my mind. I need a new one to watch. Any suggestions? And anything near the epicness of Code Geass? Ive already watched FMA, Champloo, Bebop, Black Lagoon, Death Note, and Trigun.

Thanks

-Nelmeco

wolfgirl90
07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
If you haven't seen these already, try Gurren Lagann (which has a character that pretty much defines epic) and Soul Eater.:p

I'll will think of more later.:)

Nelmeco
07-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks! Ill check Gurren out later today.

Darkseid
07-16-2010, 03:35 PM
If you haven't seen these already, try Gurren Lagann (which has a character that pretty much defines epic) and Soul Eater.:p

I'll will think of more later.:)
I second this.

You've already got the starters out of the way, and these are great next step.

Nightt
07-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Try Gundam 00, both seasons. Really recent, so the animation/art is super high quality. World split up into 3 different factions, fighting over resources, and other political problems. A group called Celestial Beings intervenes, and their motive is...I think, to stop the war. Don't remember correctly, but something along those lines. Pretty strategic, complex and thought provoking. Just like Code Geass. The main chars are similar to the characters in CG as well.

Nelmeco
07-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the responses! I will probably like Gundam 00. Thats what I liked about Code Geass, the factions, politics, and different battles make for a very complicated and interesting plot/storyline. I'm a sucker for a good storyline. I'm starting Gurren lagann tonight. Ill put Soul eater and Gundam 00 on my "to watch" list. Was the original Mobile Suit Gundam any good? I remember a little bit from watching a few eps here and there about 7 or 8 years ago.

Darkseid
07-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Pretty strategic, complex and thought provoking. Just like Code Geass. The main chars are similar to the characters in CG as well.
Then we were watching two very different shows. Code Geass is more over the top than even Death Note, while oo tends to get somewhat boring at some moments. The cast is far different from each other and Code Geass was never thought provoking, just a fantastic ride.

I would not suggest jumping into any Gundam series right away except for G Gundam. Trust me, that's a fantastic start. It's pretty much Gurren Lagann before Gurren Lagann with less depth and more character development.

Nightt
07-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Then we were watching two very different shows. Code Geass is more over the top than even Death Note, while oo tends to get somewhat boring at some moments. The cast is far different from each other and Code Geass was never thought provoking, just a fantastic ride.

I would not suggest jumping into any Gundam series right away except for G Gundam. Trust me, that's a fantastic start. It's pretty much Gurren Lagann before Gurren Lagann with less depth and more character development.

Hah, you're right about the boring parts. xD Yeah, sometimes it can be somewhat boring, but most of the time, the action makes up for it, imo. And, the cast, I don't wanna go to in-depth in that, but, again imo, they were similar. And, once again, CG was pretty thought provoking. Maybe me being stupid is the reason why? I might find the smallest things thought provoking while you might find the ...other things thought provoking. We have different views on different shows, so it makes perfect sense. :D

I wish I'd watched the other series before I watched 00, but trust me, it was still a fantastic ride the whole way. Even if I hadn't watched any other Gundam series.

TheThunderBringer
07-16-2010, 11:35 PM
If you haven't seen Gurren Lagann, you haven't lived.

I dunno if it really pertains to CG, but Baccano! is fantastic.

Nelmeco
07-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming if you don't mind. I had a list of ones I knew about that were good and I have watched them all. Watched one ep of Gurren last night, it looks like its going to be good, cant really base that off one ep, but I have seen so many people say it is.

Darkseid
07-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming if you don't mind. I had a list of ones I knew about that were good and I have watched them all. Watched one ep of Gurren last night, it looks like its going to be good, cant really base that off one ep, but I have seen so many people say it is.
A warning:

Episode four looks HORRIBLE. Another director did that episode, but that's the only one he did.

The Butcher
07-17-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd recommend Outlaw Star since you liked CB.

HeiGotAGun
07-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Darker Than Black.

best Anime EVAR!!!