PDA

View Full Version : Cookware

Capernicus
07-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I was looking to buy some good skillets and/or pots for my girlfriend for our semi-anniversary. Now before I get grief about how I shouldn't buy cooking/cleaning stuff as a present or how it's suicide, you should know that she has, on several occasions, hinted that she would rather have a practical gift than flowers or something. And since I prefer her cooking yummy meals for me over her cleaning her house, I have chosen some nice new cookware. Her current set needs washing often because she quickly uses them all, and I know she hates washing pans. So here we go.

I am not looking to spend more than $100 on this (though I'm looking on ebay, so this is reasonable), and I was wondering if anyone here know what material quality cookware is made from. I was looking at clad, but this seems to be really pricey. Google showed me some debates about whether aluminum causes Alzheimer's or not, and I don't know if cast iron is light enough to be a good candidate. Help?

shinjuuzumaki13
07-16-2010, 12:14 AM
i recently bough a faberware box of pots and pans.... THeyre easy to clean and pretty good. It was like 50 bucks at Sears, but i dont know if thats what you want. Sears has alot of cooking things. O.o The cookware section practically overruns the store

miniPhil
07-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Cast Iron is cheap enough and its pretty versatile. Just make sure you get a heavy one, a thin bottom will just result in burnt sauces.