PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay construction help please? ):

Sacred_miko
07-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Hello everybody! Um, well, frankly speaking, I'm a cosplay noob. That is to say, I usually always just buy my costumes online when I go to conventions. But I wanted to go as a level one akuma from D. Gray-man, and seeing as no one has that costume I was going to try and make it myself. I was reading a whole bunch of tutorials on fun foam and stuff, but I'm just not sure as to what materials would be best to use to make the outer shell/body of the akuma. If anybody could help, absolutely any tips or advice would be greatly and very much appreciated. ^^ Thanks in advance.

If you haven't watched D. Gray Man before, a level one akuma looks like this;

http://media.photobucket.com/image/level%20one%20akuma/shonenjump2993/31ch1-1.jpg

Hershal Gibbs
07-29-2010, 11:49 PM
You will need to focus on creating an under harness that supports the weight, bounce and torque of these drums.
This under harness needs to be snug. I would start by trying to locate something that already exists as a harness, such as mountain climbing equipment. What you end up using will look somewhat like a bra and it will need to be very tight.
Your clothing can completely cover this thing. The only visible part can actually be the place where the pipes penetrate.