PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else....

:Kaeli:
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Watch the secret life of the american teenager? Its not an anime I know, but its an awesome show! If you like it or watch it who is your favorite character/couple. :happy:

Negi
07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I did watch it, but I really don't know why.
Its about sex, and sex...and sex.
I would like an episode where they dont mention the word sex.

Wio
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I did watch it, but I really don't know why.
Its about sex, and sex...and sex.
I would like an episode where they dont mention the word sex.
That would be like an episode of Naruto where a ninja kills someone without having a philosophical debate.

I used to watch the show actually.
For a while I liked it, but once I realized the model I sorta got bored of it.

Here is how a typical TSLotAT episode goes:
1) Some actual development occurs. Someone dies, someone get's pregnant, someone has a secret, someone has sex, someone cheats, etc.
2) Everyone gossips about it and eventually everyone finds out.
3) We get to watch as all the main characters react to this same piece of information. They'll usually respond using their one-dimensional life philosophies.
4) Sex. I want sex. Do you want sex? Sex is good. Sex is bad. Let's stop having sex. That was great sex.
5) It ends with a cliffhanger in the form of a foreshadowing of the development for the next episode, making you think "Oh snap, what will Character A and Character B think about that?!"

I think this is a very effective model for teenagers and people who like dramas.

John Watson
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM
That show basically SCREAMS at teenagers to have sex. SEXSEXSEXSEX. Its all they ever talk about.

...Yes, I watch it. On occasions, whenever I may bump into when I channel surf.
I used to be very into it, then I watched it less and less.

:Kaeli:
07-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I love the show. my husband watches it with me just bc all the girls that are having sex. I like it bc I like what's going on w the characters, and the babies.... and I watched it when I was pregnant so I kinda clicked w the main charachter at the time. when she found out what the sex of her baby was we had just found out ours. so it has a meaning for me I understand what Amy Jurgens is going through.

Wio
07-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I love the show. my husband watches it with me just bc all the girls that are having sex.
I'm not in any position to second guess your husband's taste, but I don't guys are all that attracted to hearing girls talk about the deed as opposed to watching them do the deed.

That show basically SCREAMS at teenagers to have sex. SEXSEXSEXSEX. Its all they ever talk about.
Hey, do you remember the episode when Grace held and abstinence meeting? Then the end conclusion was "You're not guilty. You loved it and you want more!" I hate bull crap like that. They're basically telling teenagers that if they aren't having sex, they're not being themselves.

sa5m
07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't like it too much. I don't like how the characters switch relationships so easily and get pregnant so easily. It's too predictable. After Amy had her baby, I felt a significant drop in excitement. They could've just ended the show then and there and I would've been happy with that.