PDA

View Full Version : A Novel most like an Final Fantasy storyline.

Green44
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Recently I have been going from anime to anime to video game to anime to find a good story. But then I thought of a better solution... a book!!!

I really would like to hear some books you all recommend that is most like an anime, final fantasy game, or a Square Enix creation.

I love FF7's storyline, Kingdom Hearts is amazing with the giant Organization XIII behind everything, etc. I could go on an on. Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Pandora Hearts, Gundam 00, FMA, etc ^_^

Trying to throw in my fav animes.

But I really want to read a good book. I love mangas, but I always feel like I need more than just the few lines of dialogue.

So please, post your favorite books that would follow the complexity as said shows and games above.

Thanks guys! ^_^

The Butcher
06-26-2010, 09:08 PM
There is no book that I know of with that storyline.

Would a fantasy book do you justice?

Green44
06-27-2010, 09:08 PM
As long as the fantasy book has some depth.

I think what I'm looking for is a mystery or thriller with a supernatural twist. Final Fantasy has great story lines because they have great character development, I feel.

Do you recommend Dexter the book? Loved the show, but one thing that is pushing me away from reading the original is that I already know the story.

Pretty much what I want to read is a great story with some depth that isn't too cliche. Like several YA books out there. I do have to say I loved books like Looking For Alaska and The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.

So any book suggestion would be welcomed. :P

GameGeeks
06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Lord of the Rings
Chronicles of Narnia
Vampire Chronicles (Some are modern and some are past.)
!984 (This is a strong love it or hate it book. But It's all about character development.)
I Robot (Read even if you've seen the movie.)
Dragon Lance (There's a lot of books in this series by many authors so look for any by Weis & Hickman. Those are guaranteed to be good.)

That should be enough. I gave you a mix of fantasy and modern. I don't read many futuristic books.

Digital Dragon
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I am surprised noone has cashed in on the idea of books based on Final Fantasy. I should think they would sell quite well.