PDA

View Full Version : Super taster?

Skylar1
06-23-2010, 11:56 AM
How good is your sense of taste?

Can you detect the bitterness in foods like chocolate? Or are you that guy that puts 50lbs of salt on everything?

miniPhil
06-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't mean to brag or anything but, eh, I can taste food before putting it in my mouth.
Well, I feel I have a good sense of taste but I don't really have much to compare with. Do I need to put salt on everything? No and dark chocolate is superior to milk and white.

Eris
06-23-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm a smoker, so my sense of taste is hardly world class.

Digital Dragon
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I would say I have an average sense of taste.

Skylar1
06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm a smoker, so my sense of taste is hardly world class.

Hm. Well, I suppose it's better than a Hunter. Those ones will tear you to pieces so fast if your allies don't kill it.

Lily Rock
06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
^i lol'd.
I can taste pretty much, i know somethings tasty or disguisting b4 shoving my fork into it.

Eris
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Hm. Well, I suppose it's better than a Hunter. Those ones will tear you to pieces so fast if your allies don't kill it.

I don't geet eeet!

-GAZKUL-
06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
my sense of taste is avarage, i never add salt to food and i do struggle to pick out individual flavours. I eat a lot of spicy food so maybe my tastebuds aren't very sensative.

Zetsubou-Billy
06-23-2010, 02:34 PM
taste is a weird thing.Something that taste bad to you taste really good for some one else. All i know is i add hot sauce to everything i eat.(exception of cereal)

miniPhil
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't geet eeet!
A smoker is a left 4 dead zombie. As is a hunter.

DOOM!
06-24-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm a very good taster AND I poor 7 lbs of salt on everything. It's in my character to be a salty, salacious persona.

Aki no iko
06-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I have a decent taste, but I'm really picky with food. So usually, I don't eat anything that I'm entirely unknown to.

Velvet_Nightmare
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm the guy that puts 50lbs of HOT SAUCE on everything

Furore
06-26-2010, 04:10 AM
I have demonstrated I can tell the differences between some foods/beverages; notably Cola, specific varieties of cheese (I seem to be best with Camembert) and wine.
I'm also able to identify some specific chocolate brands though have made a couple errors doing so.
And if I've smoked enough of a certain cigar I can generally name the brand without seeing the cigar though that might be other factors such as the shape and feel of the cigar as well as the actual taste of the tobacco.

I'm a bit hit and miss in that I can identify some types of food very specifically, others might all taste more or less alike.

Alcmaeonid
06-26-2010, 04:31 AM
I have demonstrated I can tell the differences between some foods/beverages; notably Cola, specific varieties of cheese (I seem to be best with Camembert) and wine.

Holy shi-, you can tell the difference between Cola and a Camembert?!

Furore
06-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I can do that too.

MirrorToTheMoon
06-26-2010, 06:17 AM
I would say that I'm pretty good at identifying different foods and tastes, although I CANNOT eat chili (it gives me a sore throat and tongue.. not nice.).
Although I will pick out the flavours in a spicy dish if I eat one unknowingly.

chaotic.rune
06-26-2010, 11:37 PM
I would say that I'm pretty good at identifying different foods and tastes, although I CANNOT eat chili (it gives me a sore throat and tongue.. not nice.).
Although I will pick out the flavours in a spicy dish if I eat one unknowingly.

same here. although my nose is way more sensitive then my mouth. i can almost identify what food my mom is cooking before i see it. someone even gave me the nikname cat's nose :]

Diocletian
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
I've been raised on good food with terrible ingredients my whole life. I can tell the difference between a good mango and a bad mango in a heartbeat.

Anoleis
06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I generally add salt to cover up the flavors I don't enjoy. I can't stand it when you're eating something and you hit a random flavor that doesn't belong.