PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical TOR situation.

-Batman-
06-22-2010, 03:20 AM
This is sort of advertising but not the kind that involves selling anything.
Plus I've been a member here for damn near an eternity.
Sooo if Kishiro wishes to lock it he may, but I'm willing to take my chances on this one (And I know AF had a WoW guild a long time ago in a galaxy far far away)

This is The Old Republic (http://swtor.com/).
This game is probably the only MMO announced in the past 5 year's that actually has a chance to rival WoW in terms of popularity.
It's based on one of the highest grossing IP's in recent history, and it's being developed by a company who's known for releasing only high quality role playing experiences to it's fan's.

So, I ask you this.

If The Goddamn Batman (Me) formed a guild ahead of time in preperation of the game, would anyone on animu forum join it?
Won't bother going into details unless I know at least someone is interested.

I'm in the middle of working on a site, and a good chunk of my WoW guild should be comming along too (And we also have a pretty sizeable Vent server, that I'm also the owner of)
However like I said, I've been here for an eternity, so I'd be more willing to extend the invitation to the people here as well, should they decide the guild suits there fancy before I go advertising in other venue's (As I'm not looking to run some uber-populated guild where there's lots of screaming for DPSing the wrong target, but rather a casual, friendly enviroment where community and friendship persists over trivial things like gearscore and being at every raid or else you're kicked from the guild)

TL;DR
Startin a TOR guild. Post if interested.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I would be, but the only problem for me is my damn PC doesn't stand a chance of running it. The E3 footage seemed very polished already.

Eris
06-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, it's Bioware. It's kinda how they roll. They don't do half-measures.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Ehh, actually ToR sounds pretty awful to me, it sounds like Guild Wars you pay for monthly. I could be wrong, though. I might be interested well after the reviews come out.

Eris
06-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Ehh, actually ToR sounds pretty awful to me, it sounds like Guild Wars you pay for monthly. I could be wrong, though. I might be interested well after the reviews come out.

The main drawback does indeed seem to be that you're forced to play this game with other people. Seeing as what listening to whiny 15 year olds either call each other fagots, or rave on about how they're the best DPS tank build ever does to immersion what Agent Orange does to a garden, it doesn't bode well. On the other hand, it's Bioware. As far as track records go, theirs is as spotless as they get. So I'm optimistic.

Cantelope
06-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Does your guild have notoriously good competitive PvE/PvPers?

-Batman-
06-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Does your guild have notoriously good competitive PvE/PvPers?

I honestly don't plan to do the typical raid 5 nights a week and yell at everyone untill they cry I've seen in most competitive pve/pvp guilds (Because I did that for far too long in WoW, and nobody enjoys this)
If anything, I'll be more laid back with an emphasis on community, playing the game for fun and the enjoyment of eachother's company more than anything else. Nobody should ever feel like they're working a second job when playing a video game. Ever.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Bioware has a nice record in 1p western-style RPGs (Possibly multiplayer too, depending on how you feel about NWN, but I thought the multiplayer was highly meh), but those far different from MMOs. The way ToR sounds is that you are forced into muliplayer instanced quests for most of the game, which feels highly meh to me.