PDA

View Full Version : Changed your real name?

MoonyChanGoingAndGone
06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Ok my 2 sisters and I just recently changed our name irl! And I was wondering if anyone on here has changed their real names to something else and for what reason? For me and my sibs it because we wanted a name that didn't start with K! I along with my sisters changed our first names and our midle names! The middle names were just for fun though and as real world proof of your favorite characters! Its like this:

Kylie Kisa to Sophia Tatsuki
Khleo Hisa to Sonndi Kagome
Klover Misa to Sonya Hermione

So what about you? :)

GabiGotWise
06-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Ok my 2 sisters and I just recently changed our name irl! And I was wondering if anyone on here has changed their real names to something else and for what reason? For me and my sibs it because we wanted a name that didn't start with K! I along with my sisters changed our first names and our midle names! The middle names were just for fun though and as real world proof of your favorite characters! Its like this:

Kylie Kisa to Sophia Tatsuki
Khleo Hisa to Sonndi Kagome
Klover Misa to Sonya Hermione

So what about you? :)

Cool names! I personally changed my name from Abey Marie to Marissa Isabella because I really liked those names better and my parents although reluctant they did support me decision to change my name legally!

CharlieIsSimplyGone
06-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Yup I did and its legal too! I was born Angie Marissa but now at 17 I am known as Gemini Suki! I picked cause if you put the meaning of Suki before Gemini you get Beloved Gemini! Although I am not a gemini myself I have more in common with that zodiac then my own!

Diocletian
06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh my god your names are ha-ha-inducing. I would really like to hear the reaction from your future bosses, actual Japanese people and society in general.

But in all seriousness, I hope you guys are joking. It would be so ridiculous if you changed your names into anime and fictional literature names.

Miss Moonlight
06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Oh my god your names are ha-ha-inducing. I would really like to hear the reaction from your future bosses, actual Japanese people and society in general.

But in all seriousness, I hope you guys are joking. It would be so ridiculous if you changed your names into anime and fictional literature names.

This.

I already find it unfortunate when parents name their kids stupid names because they think it sounds "cool" or "cute" at the time, not realizing or caring that this name is going to be used on all legal documents, ID cards, etc ... and not to mention the fun times explaining (and spelling it out for people) in school, and answering questions about it, like "Why is your name Satsuna Mikokawanetsukihikaridesu?" I mean sure, you can change it, or you could just not pick a dumb name to begin with.

I had enough of that in high school with my legal name. Not only do people misspell it, i'm also assumed to be a man by people who don't know my first name is female before they actually see me.

Wolfie Poo
06-18-2010, 01:41 AM

^-- Mmhmm.

I would never change my name. Let alone, change it to something totally off my nationality. It's like saying, "My parents named me, Akina Lee and I'm changing it to, Maria Sanchez". I'm not saying, don't change your name. However, at least have a name that won't cause a perplexed reaction to Japanese people, just because you might want to have your favorite anime characters name.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
06-18-2010, 01:56 AM
I'd never change my name, though someone spelled my middle name wrong on my certificate of pre-primary, They called me Irine, while my middle name is actaully Erina> (Eereeena) or you can call me (Erin-A) But evetaully it's an irish name, which comes from my grandmother. I love my full name and I wouldn't change it because it's my identity.

Seņor Nobody
06-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Why would I want an anime name when I can be Max? Max Taylor!

Eris
06-18-2010, 03:15 AM

Well, they can always change back if they want to. Anyway, it could have been much, much worse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotcomguy).

DOOM!
06-18-2010, 03:33 AM
All you Sukis out there: yo names Suck!

Furore
06-18-2010, 05:37 AM
I was thinking of changing mine to something cool.
I just might someday but as it is my imagination for names is pretty crap and the thought of having to phone all the services I use to inform them of the name change really doesn't appeal to my laziness.

MirrorToTheMoon
06-18-2010, 06:07 AM
^-- Mmhmm.

I would never change my name. Let alone, change it to something totally off my nationality. It's like saying, "My parents named me, Akina Lee and I'm changing it to, Maria Sanchez". I'm not saying, don't change your name. However, at least have a name that won't cause a perplexed reaction to Japanese people, just because you might want to have your favorite anime characters name.
^ Indeed. I actually linked this thread to a cousin of mine (half-Chinese, half- Japanese) and she burst out laughing as soon as she saw the first few posts. :S
I don't actually have a problem with people changing their names, only when it gets a bit.. out of hand. I have enough trouble with my own name because it's for both boys and girls. >.>

Eris
06-18-2010, 06:45 AM
^ Indeed. I actually linked this thread to a cousin of mine (half-Chinese, half- Japanese) and she burst out laughing as soon as she saw the first few posts. :S
I don't actually have a problem with people changing their names, only when it gets a bit.. out of hand. I have enough trouble with my own name because it's for both boys and girls. >.>

Japanese folks are--least possible offense intended--raging xenophobes though. Basically anything westerners do is hilarious and/or offensive to them.

Some_Other_Cookie912
06-18-2010, 09:21 AM
If I had the chance to change my name, it would be Ceraeza.

I don't know why, it just sounds adorable. *does kawaii face*

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm known with alot of names, and I'm not thinking of changing it anytime soon.

DOOM!
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
If I had the chance to change my name, it would be Ceraeza.

I don't know why, it just sounds adorable. *does kawaii face*
YUCK!!

Japanese folks are--least possible offense intended--raging xenophobes though. Basically anything westerners do is hilarious and/or offensive to them.
They're kinda the same thing to us westerners, too. Well, at least us westerners with an IQ over 90

Ryuuzaki HD
06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
You got me thinking now, I may change my name to Randy Savage and have people refer to me as "Macho Man".

Capernicus
06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I want to change my name to Bruno. I always wondered how it would be if a distinctly female voice with the name Bruno answered the phone at work. Wonder if anyone would notice.

-GAZKUL-
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Aaah te wonders of having a nice safe name, James George *********. never wanted to change it, don't think i ever will.

DOOM!
06-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I want to change my name to Bruno. I always wondered how it would be if a distinctly female voice with the name Bruno answered the phone at work. Wonder if anyone would notice.
It's all about making one thing about you noticed like you haven't already denoted it too much already.
Combine my name, Vincent, with my username and realize you've been trolled to kingdom come.

~Saecangotohello~
06-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I changed my name (not legally, just a nickname that everyone calls me) to Raya about three years ago. Now EVERYONE calls me that, even teachers.

Fabala
06-18-2010, 11:19 PM
I once really considered going by Garet (Or Garrett, if you will) for much the same lol-inducing reasoning. Plus, it can be seen as a legitimate nickname.

Realistically, while I don't care much for my name, it's too much a part of me to change. Even my parents' other choice at the time, Sydney, doesn't suit me.

thcuteness
06-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I thought about changing my name once mostly because my parents decided it would be cute if me, my dad, sister, and brother all have the same intials whichs DMS which I just find kinda stupid.

AVAlution
06-19-2010, 12:56 AM
I thought about changing my name once mostly because my parents decided it would be cute if me, my dad, sister, and brother all have the same intials whichs DMS which I just find kinda stupid.

Haha, that's funny. My parents are the same way I guess... me, my brother and my mom all have the initials ALL.

thcuteness
06-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Haha, that's funny. My parents are the same way I guess... me, my brother and my mom all have the initials ALL.

Really? I was seriously under the illusion my family was the only one. When I tell my mom this its gonna break her heart to know she not original.

smile1010
06-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I would totally change my name. Jennifer is such a dumb name. I wouldn't know what to change it to though. Liliette, my middle name, is rarely used, but I kind of like it, I'd change my middle name to "Smile" though. It's my favorite word. I think I'd change my name to Nour or Merray. Weird names but I always use them in my writings and what not.