PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Windows] Freeze on Startup on Vista

Bulf
06-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Up until recently my computer was acting normally (except for the sound problem (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=92174)), but now it won't start. I gets to the loading screen (where the green bar moves) then sits there forever. I'm not saying it takes a long time, I literally left it there for an entire day and it refused to load. I tried starting it in safe mode, but again it freezes. The last thing it shows it loads in safe mode is "crcdisk.sys". I tried a system restore, but it freezes at the same point. So, any help anyone?

I'm not sure if it helps, but my computer is a HP Pavillion dv2000.

Ashminigun
06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
It is either:

Your Vista had been corrupted. You'll either repair it using your installation CD or do a clean installation.
Your hard disk is unreadable. Probably the bad sector affects one or many of your Windows files. You can test whether your HDD is faulty by connect on the other PC externally. Run chkdsk (Go to Dos prompt and type chkdsk <partition i.e. c:, d: etc)> /f/v/r) or try copy a large number of files to the connected PC (usually 1 or 2 GB). If the chkdsk unable to fix the errors or/and it taken too long to access/copy a file from the said HDD, you should replace with a new one

Bulf
06-13-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure what I did, but it starts up now. But now it doesn't do a lot of anything, and it's lagging horribly. My CD drive refuses to work, my SD card slot refuses to work, and anything I open takes about 10-15 minutes to pop up. So I'll probably just get another computer.

Ashminigun
06-13-2010, 10:44 PM
You can perform a disk defragmentation on your Windows partition since too much of fragmentation making your Windows take longer time to access/execute the files. If you still have the same probelm after defrag, you might consider to either early advice that I gave.

1gn1t0r
06-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Your Hard Drive is corrupt. You can try reinstalling windows or formatting it and then reinstalling Windows but ultimately you should go out and buy a new hard drive