PDA

View Full Version : 12 Year Old Save Sister Thanks To WoW

miniPhil
06-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Twelve-year-old Hans Jørgen Olsen and his sister went out into the forest near their home to take a brisk walk. Details are scarce, however they unintentionally wandered into moose territory. An alarmed moose came charging towards the two young trespassers upon their arrival.

Despite the threat, Hans knew exactly what to do.

Full article here (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/world-of-warcraft,10631.html).

Pretty awesome way to deal with a random encounter if you ask me.

Lily Rock
06-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Saw that one very long time ago.

miniPhil
06-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Saw that one very long time ago.

...How long is a 'very long time ago'? The earliest report I can find is ten days old.

Lily Rock
06-10-2010, 06:42 AM
For almost a year ago, or atleast more than 5 months, at a random place.

Furore
06-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Luckily for the kid Møøses musn't eat carriøn like søme animals dø.
Høw much experience pøints dø yøu øbtain if yøu punch a grizzly bear in the face and survive the ønslaught?

Lily Rock
06-10-2010, 07:03 AM
2,352 XP and choose between Rare Plate Gloves, Rare Leather Boots or Rare Cloth Skirt.
Quest Helper told meh.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
06-10-2010, 07:12 AM
That's awesome! everyone knows that! :)

chaotic.rune
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
thank god for mmorpgs! the article was totally right! who says online games are useles!?

3pleT
06-10-2010, 08:02 AM
These reporters are obviously on Blizzard's payroll. Otherwise they would be reporting how John Doe killed Jane Doe trying to give her CPR like they do on TV instead.

The Nightingale
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
That kid is my hero (:

Hunter skills FTW!

But seriously, I guess WoW isn't ALL that bad!

Eris
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM
It's a sad world.

...How long is a 'very long time ago'? The earliest report I can find is ten days old.

I remember a similar incident being reported in the news a while back. But I think this was in Sweden instead of in Norway.

Cantelope
06-10-2010, 09:04 AM
This kid's a noob, if he really learned anything from WoW he would've proceeded to switch to Aspect of the Cheetah and drop a Freezing Trap, then going on to kite the moose with Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, and Concussive Shot.

Alcmaeonid
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
This kid's a noob, if he really learned anything from WoW he would've proceeded to switch to Aspect of the Cheetah and drop a Freezing Trap, then going on to kite the moose with Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, and Concussive Shot.

Yeah, and since when do Hunters have Taunt? He's obviously playing on a rigged server.

DOOM!
06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh, wow! lol!

-GAZKUL-
06-10-2010, 11:24 AM
damn!! i just read the article. if the kid was mauled then i would be able to have a tirade on why i hate WoW, looks like its not gonna happen.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM

What I'm confused about is why he's using taunt as a hunter. Everyone knows that's a warrior ability, he should be using Distracting Shot. Actually, screw that, he should have used Scare Beast. Also, remove aspect of the daze from that and replace it with Dragonhawk and disengage.

Or Tame Beast. Just sayin'.

Edit: Also, if this kid was really following WoW logic, his sister would have regained aggro right after he feigned death, assuming the moose didn't resist feign death.

The Nightingale
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Not true - hunter's have an ability similar to taunt I do believe (has not played in many months though) oh WAIT they have scare beast - and the pet has taunt - so I guess technically that still counts o..o

Lily Rock
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I haven't played WoW seriously for 4-5 months, but i remember hunters DOES have a taunt skill, they get 200% aggro(or was it to tanks they gave?), but one that does taunt a mob to kite, in Naxx they used it.
Well, i gotta play it soon since i have game time, but on private servers it's very hard to give hunters taunt, since most taunts is class needed, and looking up a ID for the skill that works and does not need a class/stance needed, is hard.
But yeah, WoW is learning/helping, i learned my(suckish) english from it, if i didn't play it, i wouldn't know much since i never study. ;)

Alcmaeonid
06-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Hunters have Distracting Shot, but the noob didn't have his bow equipped nor his pet out, so taunt would be impossible!