PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Console] Video issues with some games/dvds won't play on PS3

The Rebel
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Okay, does anyone know why all of a sudden my PS3 goes screwy when I try to play certaint demos, game disks, and DVDs?
I used to have it hookedup on a 20"HDTV with HDMI input. Then a friend gave us their 34" Philips HDTV. The problem is we had to switch to a Component AV cable and finally got it set to HD setting,,,, but some games, demos, and DVDs won't play right. Basically looks like someone smacked the side of the TV and the screen went flying sideways. Any ideas on why this would be?

niKopol
06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Mess with every video setting you can. Some of these newer tvs make some things look like pure butt tossed on a butt that had been slow roasted in butt juice for three days. I'd start with seeing if you can change it from high def to standard def when you play those.

The Rebel
06-13-2010, 11:49 AM
The thing is,,, the TV ia a older one, thus why it doesn't have a HDMI input. I've tried all the settings and no luck. So far, the customerservice rep for Playstation hasn't been of much help.