PDA

View Full Version : How filthy is your computer monitor?

Eris
06-09-2010, 08:53 AM
With time, most computer monitors get dirty. You sneeze, open a bottle of coke, a fly kamikazes it; all of these things cause stains. Some wipe them clean immediately, others do not. Do you?

Lily Rock
06-09-2010, 08:59 AM
This one's just alittle, but it's so bright i can't see anything, but one of the two laptops i have, is VERY dirty, the other one pretty much to, i'll never thought of it. :/

Eris
06-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Mine was pretty nasty until a while back, but now that I've wiped it off, it's down to "It's kinda clean."

thcuteness
06-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I have a little mini duster, so I always dust it. And I wipe it down every week. My laptop is my lover and therefore I treat her nicely. :3.

LordShinigami
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I put "it's kind of clean". I cleaned it a while ago, but not much has happened since then, so it's not bad.

Elphaba
06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
its kind of clean.

this laptop is my friend whenever i get online so i treat it nicely

Hideki Motosuwa.
06-09-2010, 12:12 PM
It's pretty much clean. Only a few specs of dust. I clean it at least once a month, because dust doesn't accumulate that easily on my workstation, since I have the fan on all the time lol.

Kaname Shikara
06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
In between "Pretty much clean" and "It's kinda clean" reason being...I hardly ever clean my monitor, reason for that: I hardly ever need to :o

Seņor Nobody
06-09-2010, 01:04 PM
This laptop of mine is a gift from someone special, so I make sure to wipe it down every night. So I'd say...pretty clean.

-Ro-
06-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm guilty. It's not terribly dirty but I never clean my laptop so I chose it needs to get cleaned soon. Maybe like right now... xD

Edit: Done! Thanks Eris :D

TheThunderBringer
06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I should clean it soon...I never have; and I've had it for 2 years, but it's not THAT bad, I can't really tell since the backround is never plain white.

Eris
06-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I should clean it soon...I never have; and I've had it for 2 years, but it's not THAT bad, I can't really tell since the backround is never plain white.

For a quick analysis of screen filthiness, type "about:blank" into the URL bar in your browser, and then press "F11" (press again to escape).

Aku no Hikari
06-09-2010, 04:03 PM
For a quick analysis of screen filthiness, type "about:blank" into the URL bar in your browser, and then press "F11" (press again to escape).

Just tried that out, and OH MY G-

My monitor officially needs to be cleaned.

wizz-o-matic
06-09-2010, 04:43 PM
mine is clean as new .... and haven't "cleaned" it in ages.

Wolfie Poo
06-09-2010, 11:40 PM
My monitor is not entirely clean. I have a bunch of stickers on the side that came with Guitar Hero. However, I tried pealing them off, but that just made it worst. /:

*Tsuki*
06-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Finger prints, dust, other crap I don't know . . .
It's all on my monitor. Doesn't help that my monitor is huge but . . . yeah. It's pretty bad and I cleaned it, just a couple weeks ago.

TheAsterisk!
06-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Much like a motor vehicle, I don't clean my monitor unless and until the filth either impedes function or it's bad enough for people I know and people I do not know to point and laugh.

Right now, it wouldn't hurt to wipe it down, but I bet I can go another month or two before the pointin' 'n' gigglin' starts.

Gizoku
06-23-2010, 07:08 PM
If the monitor's dirty, I have to clean it. Especially if there's streaks of spit on it from my little sister ._.
Cause thats just nasty.

Blair Waldorf
06-23-2010, 07:31 PM
My monitor is spic-and-span. Woohoo, go me.

Dark Wolf 09
06-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Mine is completely neat and clean, no strings attached. Not a speck of dirt on it. Take good care of my computer/technology.

Souhi
06-23-2010, 08:24 PM
After the disaster that was my first computer (cleaning that thing had me questioning my personal hygiene..) I've made a promise to myself to keep my laptop pretty much immaculate. In fact halfway through this post I wiped a stray bit of dust from the screen. Smudges in particular though bother the ever living heck out of me.

.Alumina
06-23-2010, 09:27 PM
In comparison to the PC upstairs, the monitor of my laptop is very clean. The specks of dust and smudges that the laptop monitor seems to accumulate... irritate me to no end, so away they go. xD

.Lovebeat
06-24-2010, 03:38 AM
It's so dirty, when I see pictures of people with "clean" faces, I think they're full of pimples, but then I realize it's my monitor. Sometimes I also wonder why some pictures have random spots on them... yes, I should clean this filthy computer monitor.

Furore
06-24-2010, 06:07 AM
If the image I'm seeing is noticably affected I'll clean it, otherwise I'm not generally that concerned, though I generally dust my monitor at least twice a month with a proper clean at least once.
I care more about cleaning the peripherals I use for input - keyboard, gaming mouse, game pads etc.