PDA

View Full Version : The last airbender movie?

Alorumin
06-08-2010, 03:54 PM
hello ! i just watched this new trailer on the avatar movie and thisone shows appa in it :D ! nowim looking forward to see it. but IMO the acting seems rather bad,what are your toughts about this? and does annyone know if it will be a thrilogy like the series?

7YgaVe19zs8

RJ169
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM
On the whole the movie looks like it will be good but I don't beleive the acting will be good which makes me sad because I don't want it to ruin the movie for me. Also I believe they could have casted better people for it

Kalila Chan
06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I aint really seen any of the show, but I might go and see the movie if Im interested

Gjallarhorn
06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm looking forward to it. The action looks great, the effects look great, from what we know of the plot it seems greats (though obvious it will not be an exact recreation of the original Avatar story), and the cast looks okay. Apparently the kid playing Aang is some champion martial-artist from Texas, so at least he's doing his own stunts and fighting.

Crazyjavi87
06-08-2010, 04:49 PM
It will not be an exact recreation, because M.night shamylan is directing it. In the end, there'll be a twist and it will be AANG WAS A FIREBENDER ALL ALONG.

Or the Fire Lord was the avatar! Or something like that.

DOOM!
06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Looks liek Shaolin Showdown.

That arrow indicates "insert brain here"?

sa5m
06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
It's a little racist for me.
Indians = Firebenders = bad guys
Caucasians = Waterbenders/Airbenders = good guys
I'm sure they didn't mean it, but yeah. It does tend to give out the wrong idea.

I'm also really disappointed with the casting and script. I did NOT want Dev Patel to play Zuko. Actually, I'd be happier with the previous casting of Jesse McCartney as him. Also, Dev Patel looks lame.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/crux_sin/00025456.jpg
I mean, just look at that. It looks like his coat's about 5 times too big for him.

I'm also upset with the humor that they've seemed to take out of it. I don't think Jackson Rathbone, playing Sokka, has any of that silliness in his character left. I'm fine with the casting of Jackson Rathbone as Sokka, but the trailer makes everything look so solemn. A big part of Avatar for me is its humor.

So yeah, I'm not sure if I'm even going to watch the movie. I'll probably wait until it comes out and read some reviews to see if it's worth the time and money. But otherwise, I don't want to ruin the awesome impression of the Avatar television show that I currently have slated in my memory.

@Op: Yes, this is a planned trilogy.

thcuteness
06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I defiantly not going to see this movie, It doesnt look very good. And I dont like the Avatar to begin with.

.Sev
06-08-2010, 11:49 PM
It will not be an exact recreation, because M.night shamylan is directing it. In the end, there'll be a twist and it will be AANG WAS A FIREBENDER ALL ALONG.

Or the Fire Lord was the avatar! Or something like that.

Aang kills dumbledore? xP

I am not expecting the movie to be nearly as good as the original. I'm just gonna try and look at it as a different series, if I go see it.

Ollie
06-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I loved the original series and I'm concerned with several things about this film.

- The racebending. All the good guys are now white, even though teh Water Tribe people were originally Inuit-looking, and the other nations looked very much based on other East Asian culture (and presumably physical appearance). There is NO REASON for this change to have been made.
- I heard they changed Aang's personality from a positive and fun kid to... SRS BSN AANG. Dahhh
- Swear to JESUS if Shyamalan does another one of his stupid freaking plot twists to this film - like idk, Aang is actually HIS OWN FATHER OH JESUS - I am going to punch someone in the throat. Possibly myself.

The effects look beautiful, though. I'll be seeing it nonetheless.

Hideki Motosuwa.
06-09-2010, 01:48 AM
It's a little racist for me.
Indians = Firebenders = bad guys
Caucasians = Waterbenders/Airbenders = good guys
I'm sure they didn't mean it, but yeah. It does tend to give out the wrong idea.

I'm also really disappointed with the casting and script. I did NOT want Dev Patel to play Zuko. Actually, I'd be happier with the previous casting of Jesse McCartney as him. Also, Dev Patel looks lame.

I loved the original series and I'm concerned with several things about this film.

- The racebending. All the good guys are now white, even though teh Water Tribe people were originally Inuit-looking, and the other nations looked very much based on other East Asian culture (and presumably physical appearance). There is NO REASON for this change to have been made.
- I heard they changed Aang's personality from a positive and fun kid to... SRS BSN AANG. Dahhh
- Swear to JESUS if Shyamalan does another one of his stupid freaking plot twists to this film - like idk, Aang is actually HIS OWN FATHER OH JESUS - I am going to punch someone in the throat. Possibly myself.

The effects look beautiful, though. I'll be seeing it nonetheless.
I agree with both your statements :) I'm DEFINITELY not look forward to seeing this film. Thank You, Hellywood... for butchering another decent series :)

-GAZKUL-
06-09-2010, 11:50 AM
it dousn't look nearly as good as the original series. SF wise it looks okay but i hope they don't cut loads of stuff out.

Diocletian
06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm going to watch it without actually liking the original Avatar series. In terms of western animation, Avatar is gold, as an overall animation the story is trite as all hell. It's your typical shonen anime with an American perspective.

wolfgirl90
06-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm really not looking forward to this movie's release. I mean, with the exception of their casting of Noah Ringer as Aang (apparently, the kid has some SERIOUS skills), I pretty much hate the entire cast. The white washing is way too obvious to be a coincidence. I would excuse it if maybe just Sokka and Katara were White, but the entire Water Tribe, which was based on the Inuit, is White. Look at what they did to Princess Yue.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090315204043/avatar/images/e/ed/KindYue.png http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100428112447/avatar/images/c/c3/Yue_film_headshot.jpg

And I will have to agree with 中国人 when it comes to Sokka. I don't mind Jason Rathbone playing Sokka (too much) but one of the things that I liked about Sokka and the series as a whole was the humor that kept up throughout the series.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090302125540/avatar/images/3/30/Sokkagoof.png http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090715043831/avatar/images/c/c0/Sokkafilm.jpg

And of course, for some reason that I will never fully understand, M.Night Shyamalan is directing this movie. Now, there shouldn't be a twist but he has done them so many times that if he doesn't do it, THAT'S the twist. But I bet there is one in here somewhere. Let's see...

Aang is really his own father and Kung-Fu Action Jesus, Zuko is a Cylon, Katara is actually a ghost who is pregnant with King Bumi's baby, the Fire Nation is actually a personification of the evils of Wal-Mart, and everything we just saw in the movie was actually a fever-induced hallucination by Sarah Palin.:cool:

Chewbaka
06-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Twist ending: It never happened.

I saw the show a few times. Seems this is another Hollywood movie doing it wrong. I might not see it till it's free on my tv.

CharlieIsSimplyGone
06-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Honestly I am really undecided about this movie! :unsure: I really like the tv series and am worried the movie will just be a butchered version of the series! :banghead: But then again the movie might just turn out to be ok or something like that! :unsure: I really don't even know if I see it in the theatures and risk wasting the money! :unsure: