PDA

View Full Version : People using lolcat language.

Diocletian
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, saying "can i haz some", "i duzent", etc. isn't funny anymore.

Am I wrong (I'm obviously not). Discuss.

Gjallarhorn
06-07-2010, 05:59 PM
It was never funny.

And to a few dozen teenage girls I know, it was never cute.

The macros are funny, sure. But people spouting them is not. The same goes with just about any randomly spoken meme.

sa5m
06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
It depends on the person doing it. It's annoying when it's some girl doing it all the time thinking that she's being cute. On the other hand, I have a friend who does it, but it seems to fit his image and style really well. Like he's the type of guy who seems like he wouldn't say these things, but when he does, it just makes him that much more of an interesting person because it seems out of the ordinary.

I do it sometimes too, but only the occasional "i has strawberry smoothie" type of thing.

Miss Moonlight
06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I dunno.

I like typing "i has" and "I can haz" because it sounds funny, but I like to think I use it sparingly ...

I have never, however, used "i duzent" ... that's just plain retarded.

Skylar1
06-07-2010, 08:35 PM
To be funny? no. Though I will admit that I occasionally re-word sentences when I tend to get really bored.

ex: "these things you are saying, please tell them to me."

Some_Other_Cookie912
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Lol, I love looking a LolCats pictures on Google.
My friends and I always look at them when were on the School Computers.

Eris
06-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Dunno, I haven't really seen this phenomenon very much. Not enough to be annoyed by it at any rate.

Aku no Hikari
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah, like mentioned by someone, the macros are funny. But people using it is generally not funny. Though I wouldn't mind it if used sparingly. (Even I use it every now and then when bored.)

But to be cute? Never.

Cotaku
06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I use it occasionally. But now that I think about it, I really only use it when I'm talking about food, especially food that I like or that I never get.

Diocletian
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Lol, I love looking a LolCats pictures on Google.
My friends and I always look at them when were on the School Computers.

That kinda irritates me. My old friends used to do that in the library when other people seriously needed to use the computers.

Well I don't know about lolcats, I don't like them. I made it up.

SaceGolem2
06-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Honestly, I never found that funny. Some of the images were, but to then see people actually typing and speaking like that is just silly, in my opinion.

It's one thing to keep it strictly images, and something completely different to type and speak like that frequently.

MirrorToTheMoon
06-08-2010, 05:48 AM
It's annoying when it's some girl doing it all the time thinking that she's being cute.

Try going to an all girl-school >.> everyone speaks lolcat to try and be cute.. I would go on and on about the lolcats idiot in my class, but.. I don't think this is the right place for that. Not to mention it doesn't work.
As for myself, there are only two instances I use it in. The first is when I want to say I have something and someone else doesn't to piss someone off, like 'I has ice cream' or something. The second is when I'm reading a lolcats macro out loud to someone.. although I don't think that really countd.

Furore
06-08-2010, 05:52 AM
It's only funny outside of memes when the person doing it is being photographed and looks vaguely cat-like.

miniPhil
06-08-2010, 06:42 AM
It works on the net. Not IRL. I have no problem with people typing like that but when I hear it IRL I just want to punch them. I suppose its down to the fact that on the net its used as a sort of joke depending on the situation. IRL however its very much a cry for attention.

Rei
06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I dunno.

I like typing "i has" and "I can haz" because it sounds funny, but I like to think I use it sparingly ...

Agreed. Even typing 'haz' seems abnormal to me though. I'd like to stick with proper spelling in any case.

Memento Mori
06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Lolcats are funny. People imitating lolcats =/= funny.

Buruku
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Ignore this post. I be trollin.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I can has dissenting opinion?

thcuteness
06-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Its cute sometimes in moderation when someone over uses it, then it just gets annoying.

Romeo_Delight.exe
06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
It was never funny.

And to a few dozen teenage girls I know, it was never cute.

The macros are funny, sure. But people spouting them is not. The same goes with just about any randomly spoken meme.

Ditto. It just makes you look a bit of a jack*ss spouting stuff like the meme's and whatnot out in public. Let's keep internet things on the internet. :P