PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

Lavos
06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Anyone play it?

GameGeeks
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I tried it but got bored of it. Don't know why it's considered an MMO when it feels more like Dungeon Siege or Titans Quest only not as good and multiplayer only. The individual zones may as well be individual servers and the non zone areas the chat room outside of the game.

Opinionated
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I did. I liked the mechanics and thought it was a pretty gorgeous game for running on my not-so-gorgeous computer, but I didn't have the friend network to really get the most out of it, and MMOs aren't really my thing anyway.

Crazyjavi87
06-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Played it, loved it, don't want to re-install it because of the ludicrous amount of patches I need.

I hope hall of heroes returns in GW2.

shadowfoxza
11-24-2010, 04:06 AM
I've still got my account, and I pop in from time to time to say hi to the guys in my Alliance - but the majority of my time gets taken up by other things. Nowadays I'll a mission or two that helps my Hall of Monuments along a bit in preparation for Guildwars 2.

Sitcom
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Throughout all my years of dedication to MMOs, no other game hooked me as much as GW did. I played for about 6 years, and got very involved with the community. Not a great choice for those who favor PvP, but breathtaking on the PvE scale.

To be honest, though, I think if I had picked up WoW instead of GW, I would've been just as addicted to the game, if not more.