PDA

View Full Version : Forum upgrade discussion thread.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 05:29 PM
This is awesome. I love VB version 4. lol

what do you guys think?

~*Red*~
06-21-2010, 05:34 PM
It's awesome, but I went down from 5,156 posts to 5,040 and lost loads of reputation points, which sucks.

Zandan
06-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Well...a lot of RPG stuff was deleted...

Very disappointing...

Capernicus
06-21-2010, 05:35 PM
It's sad that you noticed something so small Red. I think the new set up looks stupid. Do the old skins that Pooky worked so hard to make work on this new version of VB? Bleh.

~*Red*~
06-21-2010, 05:37 PM
It's sad that you noticed something so small Red. I think the new set up looks stupid. Do the old skins that Pooky worked so hard to make work on this new version of VB? Bleh.

I know Cap ^_^;;

And I'm with you on that one - I'd love to have the old skins back too.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
THIS ISNT' FAIR. I miss my old AF. It's scary and new!! Uh and the color is blinding me!!

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
It looks refreshing and modern, I think. It will take a bit getting used to, though. I didn't notice a change in my reputation, I thought it stayed the same ...

As for the (old) blog entries, the vbplaza (bank and gift system, etc.), I will kinda miss those, lol

Ms. Lucy
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Well, this forum was just upgraded,
so we really don't know what will happen
in regards to threads, reps, posts, ect.
(Thats how I feel anyways)
Maybe they will be revived, maybe not.

And yeah, I completely understand your frustration Red.

Hopefully everything will be revived.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
K, just did a round about, and everything works fine. No errors thus far.

Made a new user group.

Seņor Nobody
06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
It's alright, but I miss the skins.

Cantelope
06-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, it seems chat isn't working anymore, but I'm sure it'll be back soon. As for the skins, I have strong reason to believe that we'll have to make brand new ones. Make the slaves in the AG forums get to work imho.

In any case, refreshing, but everything looks so different now I'm having trouble finding where I want to go. I expect I'll be used to it soon, but the forums look so RADICALLY different it's a bit disconcerting. I wasn't even sure I was on the right forum at first because it's the default skin, and all it says at the top is vBulletin. Let's get the forum back to top shape ASAP please, it looks too naked right now!

GameGeeks
06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
It's awesome, but I went down from 5,156 posts to 5,040 and lost loads of reputation points, which sucks.

Everything since about May 9th at 2 pm was lost.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Remember, this just happened. There will still be changes coming up to the current system. I'm sure Ace has some interest in re-adding some of the old forum hacks we had, and I'm sure we'll eventually get new skins (@Caps: LPS made most of the skins).

I just hope we'll get the more recent posts back, since there was some good threads recently made, as well as those made by people looking for anime identifications and recommendations. There was also an excellent post explaining the various Gundam universes and a general explanation of the franchise that was made recently but isn't there now.

Velvet_Nightmare
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
This is ttly weird yo o_o can we has old skins back at least, the white background is hurtful on the eyes. D:

GameGeeks
06-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I just hope the shop gets re-added. Changing other's titles was fun.

Capernicus
06-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh right, LPS. My memory sucks. This is the most exciting thing to happen to AF since Eris became mod imo, so maybe I'll continue to poke around.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Oh right, LPS. My memory sucks. This is the most exciting thing to happen to AF since Eris became mod imo, so maybe I'll continue to poke around.

Damn straight you'll stick around! :banana:

(So happy the dancing banana emoticon is still here)

To everyone else, just give it some time. I'm sure Ace still has a lot he plans to do with it; things will happen, be patient.

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Lulz. AF might be better now that caps is here.

Cantelope
06-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Also, I thought it'd be important to mention:

THE DAI-GURREN DAN (http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=3) IS LOOKING FOR MANLY SOULS!

ORE GA DAREDA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Everything will be fine regardless. I have been on forums before when they moved sites or were upgraded. The shock was just really great when I came on here and it was back using my old sigs.

Bulf
06-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I like it so far. It's nice, simple and clean. I hope we get the banners back though, that'd be nice. As far as chat, it's still working for me o_o.

Wolfie Poo
(So happy the dancing banana emoticon is still here)

Inorite! I was concern about my Sig.

Is it me or is the forums lagging like hell? /:

Memento Mori
I know everyone's really mad about the blog posts being gone as of today.

So far, though, I think everything's great. I really love the new lay-out. A huge change made a big difference, and this might be the boost AF needed after months of being boring.

Honestly, I'm not too sad about the gift-giving system being gone. It was just one thing that was nice for the times, but we didn't really need.

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I know everyone's really mad about the blog posts being gone. And since chat is gone so far, I can see a lot of chat-only members disappearing into the dust.

So far, though, I think everything's great. I really love the new lay-out. A huge change made a big difference, and this might be the boost AF needed after months of being boring.
Yes, exactly. I think a refresh was really a good idea to bring some life back into it.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:14 PM
By the way, I want to brag that I got the first 2 bans of the newly upgraded form. Two spambots that had posted in General Anime & Manga. :banana:

Jagan Eye
06-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Do forum upgrades attract spambots, because I see another one?

Memento Mori
06-21-2010, 06:16 PM
By the way, I want to brag that I got the first 2 bans of the newly upgraded form. Two spambots that had posted in General Anime & Manga. :banana:

Well I got the first blog post of the new AF. So. Dancing banana that.

FluffyDango
06-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Bright coloured forums are the best, more readable and such XD
Just have to get used to it, but that normally don`t take me long :P

International 4-8818
Idk, i don't think that this is the permanent design. I mean, why would AF downgrade their famous blue design to a vbulletin logo design?

Skylar1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i93-m-Fh5fc&feature=related

Looks like you now have to enter a [ video][/video ] tag for posting vids.

John Watson
I'm not really lovin' it...I like the way it used to be! ;_; With all the anime related graphics on it, like its supposed to. Now its so plain. I'll just have to get used to it though.

Cantelope
I like it so far. It's nice, simple and clean. I hope we get the banners back though, that'd be nice. As far as chat, it's still working for me o_o.
I'm getting an error message =(

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/kaitou/animeforum.com/chat.php(706) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: CHAT in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Do forum upgrades attract spambots, because I see another one?

It's probably something with the registation being easier for bots. Maybe there's no longer a captcha.

Idk, i don't think that this is the permanent design. I mean, why would AF downgrade their famous blue design to a vbulletin logo design?

I'm not really lovin' it...I like the way it used to be! ;_; With all the anime related graphics on it, like its supposed to. Now its so plain. I'll just have to get used to it though.

It JUST happened. Give it time for everything to fall back into place.

.Sev
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Well this explains why I haven't been able to get on all day. And I thought after reading the dead forum thread early this morning that this might be the reason, and I was right.
I like the new look better than the old of course, but I miss the points system, the user titels, and most importantly the banners. Is there a way we can get the banners back?
But I haven't looked around to see if there are any new features (Looks like the group making system works). Overall I think it's a good thing, but it will take me awhile to get used to the new layout and just the fact that this is AF forum.
(Looks like it switched back to some of my old sigs... And did the user titles just kick on or was I just blind?)

Bulf
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/kaitou/animeforum.com/chat.php(706) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: CHAT in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Yeah, I get that now too. Luckily I got in earlier, so I'm good. You're not missing out on anything anyway, chat is pretty much silent.

Memento Mori
06-21-2010, 06:21 PM

I'm getting the same thing. I talked to Kishiro, I swore he said chat was gone for good. Maybe it'll come back. Only time will tell!

Stay tune for the next episode! O:

Cantelope
06-21-2010, 06:21 PM
It didn't rollback far enough to get my sigs thread unlocked, QQ. Too inactive.

I'm getting the same thing. I talked to Kishiro, I swore he said chat was gone for good.
Say it ain't so.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm getting the same thing. I talked to Kishiro, I swore he said chat was gone for good.

Chat isn't gone for good. It will return, or another form of chat will take its place.

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Give it a few days to a month to get back customized. THEN complain if it still not up to snuff.

.Sev
06-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Argh! My friends list is gone! -_-

Archaic Devices
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I dislike it right now, hopefully I can get used to it with a few months o_O; I'm not a huge fan of all the whiteness though >_> And as for no chat at the moment...that's gonna kill me D:

FluffyDango
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I hope we get the banners back though, that'd be nice.

You`d probably have to make new ones or edit the ones you had made.
Hope some of the older ones don`t get up there again, becaus those very plain looking ones sucked :P
Hope they don`t do it like with the old ones, 3 sections, instead just have on whole section, that looks better.

Bulf
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm getting the same thing. I talked to Kishiro, I swore he said chat was gone for good. Maybe it'll come back. Only time will tell!

Stay tune for the next episode! O:

I don't think I could live without AF chat...D:

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
lol, there are thread tags now. I can see how that one could end up. hahaha

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Also, I like the fact you can subscribe to be notified of blog comments. I always wanted a way to check for replies to comments. =]

Memento Mori
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Chat isn't gone for good. It will return, or another form of chat will take its place.

Oh, good. If it didn't, I could see a lot of people leaving.

Annie Hall
06-21-2010, 06:31 PM
I hate this. >:/ where is the chat. I mean really, AF chat is the ONLY reason I even come here anymore :{ I stopped messing around with the forums when SOTW and BOTM went under, so now what ;.;!!!!!

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:32 PM
I hate this. >:/ where is the chat. I mean really, AF chat is the ONLY reason I even come here anymore :{ I stopped messing around with the forums when SOTW and BOTM went under, so now what ;.;!!!!!

Read my other posts. It was just upgraded, give them some time to re-adding things. Chat will be back, just be patient.

Darkseid
06-21-2010, 06:33 PM
I'll wait, I know it's hard work, but a quick question:

How will sig requests work? Will we go back to the massive thread and completion thread, or will shops be back? Do I need to make a new one?

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Also, I like the fact you can subscribe to be notified of blog comments. I always wanted a way to check for replies to comments. =]

That is a pretty cool feature.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll wait, I know it's hard work, but a quick question:

How will sig requests work? Will we go back to the massive thread and completion thread, or will shops be back? Do I need to make a new one?

It will probably return to however it was earlier today before the update. This really depends on the mods of those forums, but in all likelihood nothing will change. If it was in need of a changed, now would probably be the opportune time for them to change it.

.Sev
06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I looked around, but I can't see how to change my user title. It has my old one, but there's no vbplaza. How do you change user titles now?

smile1010
06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Is there anyway to change the color. Cause I feel like i'm being bumbarded with light colors. It hurts.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 06:39 PM
I still think that we should add a "spam" section. It's nice to kick back and post random stuff without having to really think.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:39 PM
I looked around, but I can't see how to change my user title. It has my old one, but there's no vbplaza. How do you change user titles now?

At the moment, no. I don't know if the vPlaza will be added again, but it's possible you will if it is readded. Again, the change just happened, be patient and wait for things to come together.

Is there anyway to change the color. Cause I feel like i'm being bumbarded with light colors. It hurts.

No, the last time was done with forum hacks. I'm sure there will be an option for changing the colors soon, but for now it won't be added. The change just happened, I'm sure Ace has other things to worry about.

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 06:40 PM

This is the default right now. Like Gjallarhorn said, people need to be patient before asking for new/old/things to return or be added.

And also, I like the clean look of it. =]

Dr. Hax
06-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I want the dancin' 'nanner to be bigger!!!! Is it possible?

Nanuq
06-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I guess it's a nice change. It'll take some getting used to. But I do miss the old AF. And some blogs and topics

Lady_Vampire
06-21-2010, 06:42 PM
i don't like it at all. How in the world do you enter the chat room?

Bou
06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

But, I'm sure everything will be okay later on.

Bulf

Read the earlier posts...

Edit: I feel the need to brag about beating Xero to answering a post.

Gjallarhorn

A link to the chatroom has yet to be re-added. Have patience.

Digital Dragon
i still think that we should add a "spam" section. It's nice to kick back and post random stuff without having to really think.

lol.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 06:46 PM
lol.

I'm serious. They're a pretty big staple for most forums. All you have to do is disable post count.

miniPhil
>My face when...when EVERYTHING!
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/miniPhilsphotos/1269798040559-1.jpg

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!
I know, I know, its new. I'll get used to it. But still, ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
Its so bright and confusing. Where is everything? Wheres my User CP? Or can we subscribe to thread differently now? Where do they go?
Look at the preview post it seems my sig has changed to an old one...I'm ok with this.
Edit: Oh, I've lost a chunk of posts too. Whoot now I get to hit the 1,500 mark twice!

.Sev
So gjallor, if we see anything that's changed or wrong, would pointing it out here be pointless and seen as complaining?

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
So gjallor, if we see anything that's changed or wrong, would pointing it out here be pointless and seen as complaining?

You can discuss it as you will; this thread wasn't created by any of the Site Admins, so I doubt they're checking it for complaints; they may at some point, but I have no idea.

Kishiro
06-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Also, I thought it'd be important to mention:

THE DAI-GURREN DAN (http://www.animeforum.com/group.php?groupid=3) IS LOOKING FOR MANLY SOULS!

ORE GA DAREDA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!

Kishiro (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?45944-Kishiro) http://i46.tinypic.com/13ymjc8.jpg

The Rebel
06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Darn, knew I should have sent myself a admiration report, now I can't. I was probably up to 1000 people by now.
Seriously people? So far I have read every post up to now, and I wind up seeing multiple people cry about the same darn thing. Just CHILL! Like mentioned, it takes time to get it done. ACE doesn't have a freakin staff of 5-15 people doing the upgrade, most likely it's just him.
As for myself,,, so far I'm not all that impressed with the upgrade, but it's not exactly done yet, is it? But I'm sure, before long it will be like the last time,,,, all sorts of stuff lost, screwed up, or just left out.
Now if you all don't mind, I am going to hide in a dark place since just 30 minutes on here has already rendered my eyes fried.

Bulf
06-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Looks like chat is back!

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
At least the admirer thing is gone. The PM's got pretty annoying.

miniPhil
06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Ok. This ain't so bad once the initial blinding whiteness wears off. Found everything I need and some. I'm beginning to like it.

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm serious. They're a pretty big staple for most forums. All you have to do is disable post count.

From what I have seen, most people on here ramble on about most anything anyways. This is what the Miscellaneous section is for... free association and rambling on in post games and whatnot.

Doom85
06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Ouch, General Anime and Manga got slaughtered threads-wise, shame because there were a few I was enjoying reading/responding to.

Anyway, while I preferred the original look, I can live with the new look.

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Ouch, General Anime and Manga got slaughtered threads-wise, shame because there were a few I was enjoying reading/responding to.

Anyway, while I preferred the original look, I can live with the new look.
It is, most likely, temporary at best. While bright pages are not all that eyeball-eating for me, I do prefer darker colors.

GameGeeks
06-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Eric, Khaaan is the spam section. Just with a silly name.

Diocletian
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
This place looks like facebook. I want it to look like myspace.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Why did everything go back. My old sig is back, my old user title is back, and my old rep power is back. I know chanes are still being made. Just wondering.

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Why did everything go back. My old sig is back, my old user title is back, and my old rep power is back. I know chanes are still being made. Just wondering.

Everything reverted back to May 9, 2010. So your sig is what it was back then, all your posts since then are gone, and your user title will be what it was on May 9, 2010.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Eric, Khaaan is the spam section. Just with a silly name.

Ah, but it's still short of a full-out free-for-all. There is a BIG difference.

In a true spam section, there are no "rules" on how to post, and the thing we call a "topic" becomes a sort of a fluid creature with mystical powers that can do almost anything.

.Sev
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Since the forum seems to have gone back in time content, post count, and rep amount-wise, did it delete any members that joined after that period? And is the posts count and rep thing temporary, or is it gone for good? I lost most of my reps and posts.

Kaitou Ace
06-21-2010, 07:18 PM
We (me) are working on most things. Sadly the lost posts/titles and so on are probably gone, a backup didn't work right, so we had to revert back to an older one. Chat is back. vBPlaza or something like it will be back. Themes will eventually be back. The rest should get better with time ^_^ Thanks for your patience.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Everything reverted back to May 9, 2010. So your sig is what it was back then, all your posts since then are gone, and your user title will be what it was on May 9, 2010.

Oh I see. Alright I get that part.

So does anybody know if we'll be able to rep people again? I'm so utterly confused now.

And Kaitou, I trust in you. T.T. make this place home again...

Cotaku

I agree. I loved my Pink Clouds skin. D:
Well, I'll have to do some more poking around to get used to it and stuff. However, I can't find my signature thread at all. Has it been totally wiped out by the upgrade?

miniPhil

In a true spam section, there are no "rules" on how to post, and the thing we call a "topic" becomes a sort of a fluid creature with mystical powers that can do almost anything.

Could you imagine trying to mod that though? Most of the threads would probably descend into flaming. The sheer post count alone would be hell to go through.

Digital Dragon

Some forums do allow for diversion from topic, but those are less regulated by mods than these forums are, and even then, such diversion can only occur so long as nobody complains, especially not the OP (original poster).

Memento Mori
06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh I see. Alright I get that part.

So does anybody know if we'll be able to rep people again? I'm so utterly confused now.

Rep is still available. Just check the little badge thing in the corner.

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I just figured out how to add reputation to a user, but is there a way to view a user's reputation history?

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Could you imagine trying to mod that though? Most of the threads would probably descend into flaming. The sheer post count alone would be hell to go through.
Every once in a while you'll see that, but it's about the same ratio as normal sections.

Hard to mod? nah, not really. Just get a couple extra mods on board for the section.

If the post count for the section was disabled, that would mean that posts made wouldn't be added you your post count. I don't see the problem.

Some forums do allow for diversion from topic, but those are less regulated by mods than these forums are, and even then, such diversion can only occur so long as nobody complains, especially not the OP (original poster).
But it's still not the entire un-regulated.

I've seen spam thread start out one way, and end up on a completely different end. Confusing? that's part of the fun.

The sheer amount of lulz that are created in these types of sections are staggering. Think of it like the Chat room, only on steroids.

miniPhil
06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
We (me) are working on most things. Sadly the lost posts/titles and so on are probably gone, a backup didn't work right, so we had to revert back to an older one. Chat is back. vBPlaza or something like it will be back. Themes will eventually be back. The rest should get better with time ^_^ Thanks for your patience.
I know your busy an all Ace but I was wondering if you had plans on adding any new sections, such as television and film, when things get running smoothly again?

EDIT: Is anyone else having a problem with Chat? I log in and I just get a white screen. Do I need some new flash or something?

Red&Stiletto
06-21-2010, 07:28 PM
-_-
I don't like it. I pretty much just hate change, but also the fact that some of my really good RPG stuff is gone now.
;-;
And I sure hope is gets better or I might lose my eyesight. >.<

Ms. Lucy
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM

So all of the threads/posts after early May are gone for good?

If so, then thats a shame.
I had a signature request thread and now I won't be able
to work on requests :(.

blueangel06661
06-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Yikes...... I leave for like half a year, come back and post like two things today.. [with the old settings] come back a few hours later and it's totally different..... Oh well looks more professional

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Whoa! looks like we're getting connected to facebook. hahaha

Digital Dragon
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
The sheer amount of lulz that are created in these types of sections are staggering. Think of it like the Chat room, only on steroids.I really don't like that chaotic of discussion in general.

Darkseid
06-21-2010, 07:38 PM

I know what you mean.

Why not make a thing called a Hangout? It's a thread where you can post as much as you want about anything, like a chat on a thread so you can add pics and videos, not to mention think your responses out more for comedy.

The Rebel
06-21-2010, 07:39 PM
At least the admirer thing is gone. The PM's got pretty annoying.

Oh come on, lol. By the way, yes you had been one of HUNDREDs hit by the Madd Admirer. And as my user title NOW reads, that would have been me. CURSE this resetting. And I so enjoyed sneaking around admiring all the people. And I was probably close to 1000 people to, darn.

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Oh come on, lol. By the way, yes you had been one of HUNDREDs hit by the Madd Admirer. And as my user title NOW reads, that would have been me. CURSE this resetting. And I so enjoyed sneaking around admiring all the people. And I was probably close to 1000 people to, darn.

Looks like your evil plans have been foiled!

... totally didn't make the connection with your usertitle before, lol.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I know what you mean.

Why not make a thing called a Hangout? It's a thread where you can post as much as you want about anything, like a chat on a thread so you can add pics and videos, not to mention think your responses out more for comedy.
excatly! Chat rooms are too fast for me. I like to take my time and think about how I want to respond.

Plus, you can say a LOT more in a post than you can in a little chat blurp.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Things are def. not set in stone then. Clearly everybody needs to do some exploren. I know I do. It'll probably grow on me soon enough.

Token Black Guy
06-21-2010, 08:10 PM
This "upgrade" will take a while to get used to.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Ace has just informed those of us in Chat that avatars can now be up to 150x150.

wolfgirl90
06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
I have seen this format before on other vBulletin forums. To be honest, AF is a little late to the party. So seeing this is not that much of a shock. It'll take some time getting to it on this site, but at least I have seen it before.:closedeye

smile1010
06-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok, you can friend request people?!?!?! What is this myspace?

thcuteness
06-21-2010, 08:50 PM
So far I like it seems updated and fancy :3 I like fancy things. >.> But this will take some getting use to.

-Batman-
06-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I miss my earth tones.
And where the heck's my blog on the quick bar.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I miss my earth tones.
And where the heck's my blog on the quick bar.

Ace said new skins will be coming, I think the general conscientious is that this white/light-blue is blinding.

-Ro-
06-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Like Gjallarhorn said, the only real bad thing (besides the blinding whiteness) is all the posts from the last month or so are permanently gone along with blogs and pms. =( All we can do is wait for certain things to come back.

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Like Gjallarhorn said, the only real bad thing (besides the blinding whiteness) is all the posts from the last month or so are permanently gone along with blogs and pms. =( All we can do is wait for certain things to come back.

Really? I have all my old PM's.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Really? I have all my old PM's.

I'm sure you have PM's from over a months ago. But as Gjallarhorn told me, anything after May 9 was deleted or changed back.

The Butcher
06-21-2010, 09:30 PM
It's kind of laggy for me,and complicated,but I will get use to it.

Looks like all my past posts,and threads are erased,but oh well.

sunnyside
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
It looks like just to add a little spice we've also deleted a bunch of the new users. I hope they come back :(

Aizen-sama
06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
uhhh ummm...i just got on here in some days and ...ummm...when i went here i was like wtf am i on the right site???...umm i dont like it its sooo plain and boring...the old one was fun and exciting it had anime wallpaper and color and it was easier to navigate through this...ummm....im like so lost rit now :/ i wish they switch it back to the old version i highly recommend that one

and the deletion of my blog really made me mad!!!!!! ....that blog was special to me T_T and that means........her blog was deleted.............*sighs*.....i really miss the old version T_T

The Butcher
06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
They probably won't since we deleted their accounts through this upgrade and they will be wondering if we did it on purpose :O.

uhhh ummm...i just got on here in some days and ...ummm...when i went here i was like wtf am i on the right site???...umm i dont like it its sooo plain and boring...the old one was fun and exciting it had anime wallpaper and color and it was easier to navigate through this...ummm....im like so lost rit now :/ i wish they switch it back to the old version i highly recommend that oneI do too,but maybe the Administrators are working on skins right now,I hope anyway.

Darkseid
06-21-2010, 09:43 PM
excatly! Chat rooms are too fast for me. I like to take my time and think about how I want to respond.

Plus, you can say a LOT more in a post than you can in a little chat blurp.

Yeah, I have one of those at another site I visit. It's what makes the place so popular.

Also, to all those saying the old forums were better or complaining about new features or currently missing ones:

Calm down. I've seen a few site redesigns before, and things always get better. Mods and admins usually ignore anything non-constructive anyways.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Ok, it's ANIMEforum, RIGHT?? But there is no anime pictures to greet me anymore. T.T somebody add some life into this forum.

The Butcher
06-21-2010, 09:52 PM
It takes like 10-15 seconds to post something now(Hey,that is slow when it is in Internet time),I hope they fix it soon.

Am I the only one with their Avy up-to-date with the size?

Miss Moonlight
06-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok, it's ANIMEforum, RIGHT?? But there is no anime pictures to greet me anymore. T.T somebody add some life into this forum.
I think it's been said over and over that it will take some time -since the update occurred today - to fix everything.

Darkseid
06-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Cry more guys.

That will solve everything.

Gjallarhorn
06-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Perfect post, darkseid.

They probably won't since we deleted their accounts through this upgrade and they will be wondering if we did it on purpose :O.

I do too,but maybe the Administrators are working on skins right now,I hope anyway.

Ace said skins will be done, but he's working on more important things for the site right now, to get everything working properly. There's a lot of tweaking that needs to be done.

For the 10th time, things take time. A little anime banner at the top of the forum is low on the priority list relative to getting the actual forum running properly. Give it some goddamn time and quit whining about every minor thing you come across.

The Butcher
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
I hope the post lag will be one of the top priorities then.

smile1010
06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
For the 10th time, things take time. A little anime banner at the top of the forum is low on the priority list relative to getting the actual forum running properly. Give it some goddamn time and quit whining about every minor thing you come across.

Jeeze, have patience, It's all new to me. Dont freak out or anything.

Skylar1
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Ace has just informed those of us in Chat that avatars can now be up to 150x150.

all I can say is, THANK YOU ACE! Ahhh, finally now I don't have to hurt my eyes squinting trying to figure out what someone's avy is.

<3333333

Wolfie Poo
06-21-2010, 11:01 PM
^-- Really because I'm still squinting. ;p

It's just a bit bright, but since this will be temporary, sun glasses would be a good luxury to use now.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Why is everyone complaining about a white forum? Doesn't look bright to me, and no I don't have gamma low. Just not hard on my eyes. Only problem I have with it is that it's bland.

Kitanoru
06-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I just came back after a short while on work travel and thought I was on the wrong site; also to notice a lot of the old unique features that most forums didn't have were erased or not added to the new version as of yet. I really enjoyed the market feature and the money system. Also the RPG's which seemingly have disappeared too. This significant change will definitely take some time getting used to, but I hope it does incorporate some of the old features in further updates. I too also miss the old skins. I'm just glad to see a lot of returning members so far though. =)

smile1010
06-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Why is everyone complaining about a white forum? Doesn't look bright to me, and no I don't have gamma low. Just not hard on my eyes. Only problem I have with it is that it's bland.

Probably because it's such a contrast from the dark blue to a light white/almost gray color.

It doesn't bother me as much, you quickly get used to it and it's supposed to be only temporary before new themes can be selected. So I'm happy!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I can't post when the quick post. I don't know if it's happening with anybody else but it says something is wrong with the database.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Hope the old default returns.

smile1010
06-22-2010, 12:08 AM
I can't post when the quick post. I don't know if it's happening with anybody else but it says something is wrong with the database.

EDIT: and then it does this. I'm sorry guys, I have no clue whats going on.

Kitanoru
06-22-2010, 12:19 AM
That has happened to me as well but not sure if it is just the web-browser that I am using which is (Google Chrome); it still has some issues with some sites. It is faster than Internet Explorer and Fire Fox though in my opinion, and thus I use it. I am sure the error will be fixed soon though, the administrators and moderators will work their magic. They are mighty clever at that, and do a mighty fine job. =D

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 12:34 AM
It's not chrome, the database is still being worked on so expect issues. As for chrome, I wont use chrome. I don't like the idea of google keeping track of everything I do on the Internet. That majorly infringes on personal privacy in my opinion. It's also one reason I wont use their OS that's coming out since I don't know if they'll be doing something similar with that.

smile1010
06-22-2010, 12:48 AM
It's not chrome, I use firefoxxy. It seems that everytime I post, it says that there is a database error, but everytime that happens I just click on "new post" and WAALAH, there is the post i wrote.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think my post count went down again. lol

And it would seem that I have a permanent new private message. @_@ hahahaha

smile1010
06-22-2010, 01:12 AM
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. I linked my thing to FB and now my picture is my facebook picture and now i have -9,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 POINTS. What is going on!!!!!!!

Miss Moonlight
06-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Can't wait for the market =D

when it's done that is.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Don't know what's up with the points. Many, like myself, don't even have them.

EDIT: Seems I got some after this post. Don't know if we'll have to start over point wise or if the mods will restore them.

smile1010
06-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Kaitou said everybody has to start over. But I don't understand why I'm -9,000,000,000,000,000,000.00, I can't even say this number!!!

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 01:25 AM
That's negative nine quintillion. and he may reset the points again after he fixes everything for bugs like that.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 01:25 AM
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. I linked my thing to FB and now my picture is my facebook picture and now i have -9,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 POINTS. What is going on!!!!!!!

Did you by any chance get this message?

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/RAWRxitsmaya/ITSOVER9000.jpg

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 01:27 AM
That'd joke would work if it was in the positive.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Could have sworn I just posted something. Maybe I really am starting to lose it..

smile1010
06-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Did you by any chance get this message?

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/RAWRxitsmaya/ITSOVER9000.jpg

HEY BUDDY, thanks for making me feel like negative nine quintillion bucks.

And my good friend Kaitou the Ace fixed it!!

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Just wish I knew how to view rep on the new forum. Or if that has to be enabled to be viewable again.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Just wish I knew how to view rep on the new forum. Or if that has to be enabled to be viewable again.

It's in your settings. Only you can see it now, instead of everyone being able to.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
06-22-2010, 01:42 AM
I like this!

Eris
06-22-2010, 02:07 AM

It really depends on your screen. Mine does NOT deal with bright low-contrast content well at all. To paraphrase the Bhagavad-Gita: If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst into the sky that would be like the splendour of Anime Forum's current theme. I am become Death, the destroyer of eyes.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 02:09 AM
That could be, my monitor is pretty much archaic.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Eris is sensitive to light. He hasn't been outside in so long that even the slightest elevation of luminosity could cause great distress.

Btw eris, where have you been??? You've missed all the fun.. ;_;

Eris
06-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Sleeping. I've fallen into this really bizarre sleeping cycle where I sleep at night instead of during the day o_O

--edit--

Hm, It's a lot more readable if I move it to my antiquated secondary monitor.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 02:14 AM
I do both. Go to bed at 2 am (normally) and wake up in time for lunch.

Eris
06-22-2010, 02:15 AM
o_O Damnit you reply fast. Did you get exposed to radiation during the upgrade and develop super-powers?

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 02:18 AM
One could wish, I just happen to be in insomnia mode.

EDIT: And What's New/New Posts helps.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 02:22 AM
wth? I made this thread not Doom.

>>

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Some of the firsts posts in this topic seem to have vanished.

Gjallarhorn
06-22-2010, 02:25 AM
It seems the posts which were missing before (May 9th - June 20th) have been restored.

DOOM!
06-22-2010, 02:25 AM
AF went into maintenance just when I was about to post an IMPORTANT post in the Google Translate thread and what the hell is this crap? Now AF sucks even more than than after the last upgrade. It looks like somebody was jealous of Encyclopedia Dramatica's forum. Anyway, I'm positive the Admins will forget to enable all possible functions that this forum has. And I'm sick of seeing vBulletin all over the place.
The interface sucks, and on old posts you can still see n00bs posting in bright colors which you cannot see or even want to bother reading. Every damn thing reverted back to two month ago, even my last month's password. I'm sure the Admins won't bother to restore those posts either.

Eris
06-22-2010, 02:26 AM
No, the first posts in this thread are old posts from another thread. I recognize them.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 02:27 AM
Can I have my thread back plz??

I mean, I know Doom is a good troll and all, but he's not -that- good. o.o

Eris
06-22-2010, 02:33 AM
I think I've gotten most of the upgrade-residue out of the thread now.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 02:33 AM
That made me laugh.

On a more serious note, it'd have been nice if Ace had given the community a heads up before doing the change. I'm sure we all have other things to occupy our time but it's just common curtsy.

Skylar1
06-22-2010, 02:34 AM
I think I've gotten most of the upgrade-residue out of the thread now.

<3 ^__^

CrystalAce
06-22-2010, 03:26 AM
I like this change. Change is good. Just had a little problem logging in, but it was easy to figure out the problem. It works well on Chrome. But the layout kinda look like some other forum I've been to >_> ... and I get the feeling that some people are already missing the lovely banner on top...

Eris
06-22-2010, 03:34 AM
The forum layout is a superficial matter. It will be dealt with in due time. For now, there are greater concerns to be dealt with.

Rei
06-22-2010, 04:05 AM
I miss the old anime forum. New interface is plain, and it just feels plain empty not to have gifts and stuff.

Also, my set has reverted itself. And if I'm not wrong, so have our rep and points.

Eris
06-22-2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah, about a month of content was lost in the upgrade. Live with it. It could have been much, much worse (http://eris.name/wiki/index.php/AG_blackout).

DOOM!
06-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Can I have my thread back plz??

I mean, I know Doom is a good troll and all, but he's not -that- good. o.o

i wus in ur threads
startn them

Furore
06-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Took me a while before I figured out that I joined AFTER whatever point you restored from meaning I had to remake my account.
Now I'm gonna have to get comfortable changing settings/aesthetic features... *grumble*
I imagine you may have a few more temporarily confused newer members.

DOOM!
06-22-2010, 05:24 AM
Hahaa, I couldn't wait to see those n00bs gone, now they are never existed! Oh how I wished they'd never been born, too...

Eris
06-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Neat. Now I got a reason to test and see that the infraction system works as well.

Furore
06-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Just one question.
Where must I navigate to change from the default skin?
(All this white is burning a hole in my retina).

Eris
06-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Can't change the skin at the moment. Get a pair of sunglasses if it bothers you.

DOOM!
06-22-2010, 06:15 AM
And I've just tested the Neg Rep system on many members. The news is you can't see them.

Eris
06-22-2010, 06:42 AM
There appears to be a new skin available now. No longer do you have to stare into the sun!

Darkseid
06-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Blueish skin is pretty good.

Eris
06-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Yeah. It still needs some work, but it's a lot easier on the eyes than the default skin.

Darkseid
06-22-2010, 07:41 AM
A skin that changes the color of the posting area would be best.

With the exception of ScrewAttack's recent return to php after their last mess of a forum, I'm used to dark colors. The white here kinda clashes with everyone's sigs.

But take your time. Cosmetic changes won't matter if the site doesn't work.

Eris
06-22-2010, 07:50 AM
It's mostly a matter of contrast I think. I have no problem with the default vBulletin skin, which is light and perfectly readable.

This various-shades-of-grey-on-white is harsh on your eyes.

miniPhil
06-22-2010, 08:29 AM
While the old posts are back there are still some stuff missing. Take Furore for example, a user I quite enjoyed is now only a guest. Hope he comes back.
Also 150x150? Pretty cool stuff.

EDIT: Ouch, it seems my points have taken quite a hit. A couple of trillion hits.

Eris
06-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm seriously liking this new version more and more. Feels like it's going to be quite awesome when things start coming together. There's a real nice bigger picture with the blogs, and the visitor messages, and the albums and the groups and all of that.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Just have to wait for the kinks to get worked out. The point system still seems really random though.

The Butcher
06-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I just tried the Bluish skin,doesn't look that good,so I'll stick to the default one.

Apparently my Avy got erased over-night,I had to upload it back up a few minutes ago.

I also see the post lag has been fixed.

*Tsuki*
06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
. . . My first reaction to logging in was, "what the heck?" Just not in those words. -_-;;
I noticed that I lost the 33 unread messages in my inbox (now it just says I have 19) and my newest messages are from 04-19-2010.
Oh my . . . that's sad. I lost more than 75% of my inbox. ;_;
And my rep went down, too I think. Apparently the last rep I received was in 05-08-2010 09:59 AM.

Other than that, I'm just lost . . . everything is different! It scares me. D:

It . . . changed my signature and my user title, too!
I've gone back in time! :D

On the bright side, the pull downs work on chrome, now.

The Butcher
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
I got all my past posts erased,the only ones I have are the ones I have made after the update :(.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Says you still have 360 posts. I doubt those are all since the update, that'd be insane.

Eris
06-22-2010, 09:07 AM
From what I understand, about a month of posts were lost.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Yup, everything since 2pm on May 9th.

*Tsuki*
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Poor wolf is all gone. Like it never existed . . .

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Wolfie Poo or the game that ended?

.Sev
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Poor wolf is all gone. Like it never existed . . .

I know, I died a little inside. TT-TT

And it deleted my newly updated friend list again. >.>

*Tsuki*
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Wolfie Poo or the game that ended?
Pretty sure that Wolfie Poo still exists. . . but I wouldn't know because all of my recent pms to her were deleted! D:

I know, I died a little inside. TT-TT
T_T Poor shini

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Wolfie Poo is still around.

.Sev
06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Well at least the new skin is easier on the eyes and more like the original AF skin.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Don't really care for the new skin. I'll stick to white for now.

Eris
06-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm using the new one, mostly because it's easier on the eyes. It's not super-pretty or anything, but it's readable.

*Tsuki*
06-22-2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/customavatars/avatar160956_2.gif
Oh yeah, about half my friends are missing but that's alright.
Never used that thing, anyway.

@GG: That makes me happy. Glad she's still alive.

The new skin hurts my eyes to read so I'll stick with the white one.

.Sev
06-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Am I the only one that can't get into the market? (What I'm guessing is the new vbplaza?)

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Nope, it's like that for everyone. It's probably still being set up.

*Tsuki*
06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Am I the only one that can't get into the market? (What I'm guessing is the new vbplaza?)
Nope. I can't get in, either.

miniPhil
06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh, I'm liking the new blue skin. Not perfect but makes a lovely change to the blinding facebook style.

Also can someone tell me how to add friends? It seems my friends list has gone and emptied itself overnight.

GameGeeks
06-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Go to a users profile, and it's the first option under the profile pic.

The Butcher
06-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Says you still have 360 posts. I doubt those are all since the update, that'd be insane.It kept my post count,but not my other posts in the past,not even my first post. It's not a bad thing though.

Eris
06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Oh, I'm liking the new blue skin. Not perfect but makes a lovely change to the blinding facebook style.

Also can someone tell me how to add friends? It seems my friends list has gone and emptied itself overnight.

Go here:
http://www.animeforum.com/profile.php?do=buddylist

I'm not entirely sure how to -get- there without the link, though.

.Sev

It did that with me too. And I just updated it too...

GameGeeks
All I can say is, yay bugs.

*Tsuki*
06-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Go here:
http://www.animeforum.com/profile.php?do=buddylist

I'm not entirely sure how to -get- there without the link, though.
Settings. On the left, near the bottom under networking.

Eris
06-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Closed for length, feel free to start another thread to continue the discussion.