PDA

View Full Version : [SGI News] Soccer Player Shown Yellow Card For Diving Was Actually Dead

SGI
05-07-2010, 05:15 AM
A Soccer player booked by a no-nonsense referee for diving had in fact dropped dead of a heart attack.

Goran Tunjic, a 32-year-old defender playing for the Croatian side Mladost, collapsed and fell over after being tackled in the 35th minute of a game against local rivals Hrvatski Sokola.

The ref, who had warned the teams in their dressing rooms before kick-off that he would deal firmly with any play-acting, promptly strode across the pitch to the prone player and waved a yellow card at him.

The Sokola supporters cheered but players who gathered around saw Tunjic was in serious trouble.

The referee realised his mistake and called for medical aid. The unconscious Tunjic was stretchered from the field and taken to a nearby hospital.

But he was declared dead on arrival, with doctors saying he had almost certainly died on the pitch from a massive heart attack.

Would You Like To Know More? (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/soccer/ref-gives-yellow-card-to-soccer-player-goran-tunjic-who-collapsed-and-died-on-pitch/story-e6frepmf-1225863584503)

Okay, this is SGI News at its best. As morbid as this is, I think I would've yellow carded the player too. If anybody can find some nice Youtube of this i'd be glad. For some reason I can't load it up. Anyways, this is morbidly hillarious.

Eris
05-07-2010, 05:21 AM
I'll make a note of giving anyone posting in misc while dead an infraction. The rules clearly state: NO ZOMBIES ALLOWED!

Why? All their post go like

"Braaaains. BRRaaaaAAAiins. BRAINS. Braaains?"

And that, dear reader, is spam.

Mr. Panda
05-07-2010, 06:19 AM
I must say it's a very unlucky way to go. Running, getting a heartattack, getting tackled, getting a yellow card and goign through extreme pain to the point you die... Darn. That's not funny, at all. :(

Alphabet
05-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I'll make a note of giving anyone posting in misc while dead an infraction. The rules clearly state: NO ZOMBIES ALLOWED!

Why? All their post go like

"Braaaains. BRRaaaaAAAiins. BRAINS. Braaains?"

And that, dear reader, is spam.
Hehe. I missed SGI news! If anything, you should be our only newscast.
Anyways I actually feel bad for the guy(for once), but I guess he died doing what he loved.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

miniPhil
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't have much to add. I just wanted to say 'BEST NEWS EVAR'!

Dr. Evil
05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh man, that's gotta suck. What a way to go.

-GAZKUL-
05-07-2010, 11:00 AM
at least he died doing what he loved (hopefully)

ROTFLxGirl
05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
at least he died doing what he loved (hopefully)

But dying by heart attack is still a crappy way to go. It's sad really!

Diocletian
05-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Tackling? In soccer? Is this in some distant country in South Japurica where soccer is football and football is soccer?

Light Buster
05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Tackling? In soccer? Is this in some distant country in South Japurica where soccer is football and football is soccer?
No, the ref thought Goran Tunjic was doing a dive but he dropped dead on the spot. Another weird way to die...

*Tsuki*
05-08-2010, 04:32 PM
That's . . . depressing to say the least.
Condolences to his family.

Dr. Hax
05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
No, the ref thought Goran Tunjic was doing a dive but he dropped dead on the spot. Another weird way to die...

http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/531soccerwrong.jpg

It's horrible when a person dies playing their favorite sport. They take pride in what they play and even though death came for them, they will still be honored by fans of that team they were on.

CapnJack
05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
This could go two ways that I could think of; or both. Either the ref will start to think he might be taking reffing too firmly and serious and slack off because of the experience or the Croatian Mladosts, if being know for on-field shenanigans due to the ref's lockeroom visit, will take this as a wake up call and dedicate their playing to their fallen teammate.