PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas, stuck on translating a line of a song

__ar
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm translating the Seitokai no Ichizon ED tracks to english, and there's one line I'm stuck on as I can't figure out what it should be. I've come across quite a few lines that have katakana or hiragana lyrics which are slanged/abbreviated for "cuteness" in the singing, but I managed to work those ones out. I'm stuck on one line, that no translator so far I've asked has any idea of what it might or should be~

Here's the line.

ドガント 秘密 〝 の〝 アゲる ☆

Here's context, for it with lines before and after.

“上下x2で左右左右BA”
裏コードで 無敵のショータイム
迷うなっ 損(>_<)! 損(T_T)!
ドガント 秘密 〝 の〝 アゲる ☆

The other thing is, the 〝の〝, why you'd quote a no is beyond me, other than to enforce boundaries or make it cute~.

what I have is:

“上下x2で左右左右BA”
”上下掛けるにで左右左右BA” <- sung lyrics
"ue shita kakeru ni de sayuu sayuu B A"
"Up and down twice, left and right, left and right, B A"

裏コードで 無敵のショータイム
ura koodo de muteki no shootaimu
Enter the code incorrectly, then it's "Invincible Showtime!". <- I believe the context of ura is entering the code wrong, because the following lines are about the code not working.muteki no shootaimu I believe refers to the showing off the players untouchable skills but it's hard to put into english without losing the showtime reference.

迷うなっ 損(>_<)! 損(T_T)!
迷うな損損
mayou na son! son!
HP going down! Down! An unexpected turn of events, right? <- son is context of taking damage from a boss, mayou na is just i'm puzzled with the sudden way things have gone,

ドガント 秘密 〝 の〝 アゲる ☆
どうガンとを秘密の上げる <-
dou gan to o himitsu no ageru <- it sounds like a 'wo' particle is sung or maybe a 'u', syllables sound like do u ga n to o, but maybe i'm hearing wrong too~
Without knowing what the doganto is supposed to be, it translates to something like either "raising your chances with secret guns", or "giving away/admitting the secret"

These are official kanji transliterated from the booklet on the CD single.

If anybody has any idea's I'd be grateful!

Edit:

Heres my current draft if it's any help too, theres a few lines I still need to verify with a friend who checks my work.

Transliterated Kanji

一期一会!イチゴ1円!?サミットしましょ~♪

“上下x2で左右左右BA”
裏コードで 無敵のショータイム
迷うなっ 損(>_<)! 損(T_T)!
ドガント 秘密 〝 の〝 アゲる ☆

ゼッタイ 私らヒロインです!
そーゆーナガレです! 必然 なんですッ!
上下左右に! 縦横無尽 です!
夢観た モンの 勝ち!ミンナ ★Blossom★ オンリーワン

喩えるならアリスよりも シンデレラ が(・∀・)イイッ

未来にアクセスしたら
hなttpーーーーーーーッ
コロンスラスラで www(ワラワラワラ)ビックバン!?
キミと私の ココロのミックシュジュース♪

Viva セレブレイトっ! 今日は特別ッ!
ハチャメチャなんです!それが 正解 (こたえ)です!
One Two 3(さん)4(し)で!ロケットスタート!
まだまだ腹ペコよ もっと REAL 頂戴!

ゼッタイ 私らヒロインです!
そーゆーナガレです! 必然 なんですッ!
上下左右に! 縦横無尽 です!
夢観た モンの 勝ち!ミンナ ★Blossom★ オンリーワン

Modified Kanji Lyrics with correct Kanji for katakana abuse~

一期一会!イチゴ一円!?サミットしましょう

”上下掛けるにで左右左右BA”
裏コードで 無敵のショータイム
迷うな 損 !損 !
どこのとを秘密の上げる☆

絶対私らヒロインです!
そう言う流れです!必然なのです!
上下左右に!縦横無尽です!
夢観た物の勝ち!皆 ★Blossom★ オンリーワン

喩えるならアリスよりもシンデレラが

未来にアクセスしたら
h な t t p コロンスラスラで ワラワラワラ ビックバン!?
君と私の心のミックシュジュース

Viva セレブレイト! 今日は特別!
ハチャメチャなのです!それが 正解(こたえ)です !
One Two 三士でロケットスタート!
まだまだ腹ペコよ もっと REAL 頂戴!

絶対私らヒロインです!
そう言う流れです!必然なのです!
上下左右に! 縦横無尽 です!
夢観た問の勝ち!皆 ★Blossom★ オンリーワン

Romanization

ichigoichie ! ichigo ichien ! ? samitto shimashou

"ue shita kakeru ni de sayuu sayuu B A"
mayou na, son ! son !
dou gan to himitsu no ageru

zettai watashira hiroin desu !
sou iu nagare desu ! hitsuzen na n desu!
jougesayuu ni ! juuoumujin desu !
yumemita mon no kachi ! minna blossom onriiwan

tatoerunara arisu yorimo shinderera ga...

mirai ni akusesu shitara
Http koron sura sura de wara wara wara bikkuban ! ?
kimi to watashi no kokoro no mikkushujuusu

viva serebureito ! kyou wa tokubetsu!
hachamecha na n desu ! sore ga kotae desu !
one two san shi de ! roketto sutaato !
madamada harapeko yo motto REAL choudai !

zettai watashira hiroin desu !
sou iu nagare desu ! hitsuzen na n desu!
jougesayuu ni ! juuoumujin desu !
yumemita mon no kachi ! minna blossom onriiwan

English

Once in a lifetime! 1 Word, 1 Yen ?! Let's get together.

"Up and down twice, left and right, left and right, B A"
Incorrectly enter the code, time for the show of peerlessness.
You are puzzled as you lose HP ! Lose some more!
Give up the secret, [something here for dou gan to] *

We definitely have to be the heroines!
That's just how it goes! It's essential!
Freely move it up and down or side to side!
Achieve victory through dreaming! Only "one" can blossom into "everyone".

What if instead of Cinderella, it was Alice for example, but...

If you access the future via...
Http : / / w w w big bang ! ?
The product of your heart and mine is mixed-juice.

Viva Celebrate! It's a special day!
It has to be nonsense! My answer's correct!
4, 3, Two, One! Start the Rocket!
Give me something more real ! My appetite isn't satisfied yet!

We definitely have to be the heroines!
That's just how it goes! It's essential!
Freely move it up and down or side to side!
Achieve victory through dreaming! Only "one" can blossom into "everyone".

AzureDark
05-04-2010, 07:41 PM
What it all comes down to is that ドガント is probably a spell name, i.e. something specific, so you don't have to read too much between the lines.

Enter the code incorrectly, then it's "Invincible Showtime!"
No, 'ura' (e.g. 裏技 'urawaza') here means "out of the usual methods" i.e. this is referring to a cheat code.

HP going down! Down! An unexpected turn of events, right? <- son is context of taking damage from a boss, mayou na is just i'm puzzled with the sudden way things have gone,
No, you need to read the context, this happens after entering the cheat code. '-na' verb form is informal negative (especially with the abrupt end) so it goes something like:
After entering the cheat code of invincibility, it's showtime!
Don't lose your head, (else) it's all a waste, waste!

Looks like you haven't done a lot of t/ling, so I'm surprised you're tackling something like Seizon...

? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmNuDBSzs4c)

__ar
05-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Appreciate your answer!

I've only been learning Japanese for a few months in my spare time, so I've still got a lot to learn. I work with fansub groups so I've got a few guys who are really fluent in Japanese I can ask questions or have look at things if i get stuck and explain what I missed.

So I haven't done a great deal of translating at all, I still tend to mix up lines with a lot of particles due to the differences in reading order compared to english.

I took on Seizon because nobody else has bothered actually, and I enjoy the music/show/light novels. The songs are good fun but ridiculously difficult to translate so I'm surprised I haven't given up yet. I've had a few experienced translators scratch their head at some of the lines as well, but eventually we made enough sense of them.

Those two lines you pointed out were ones I did on my own without having someone else look at them. So I tried to figure out the context best I could given that I got of a learning to do still ^^

The songs are fun and challenging to translate, so I guess that's why I'm tackling them. Good learning experience! Even the translator who did the Anime ED's for Eclipse screwed up a lot of the lines as well, and he's been translating for years.

With the 'doganto', I though it might be just a reading but every translator I've asked has no idea what it's supposed to mean. I haven't been able to find anything helpful searching with google either on Japanese webpages or eow.alc.co.jp which I find covers a lot of slang and short forms.

Dogan is a name, don't know whether the to is a particle but i'm guessing it probably is, it could also have the meaning of this kanji '徒' which is party/group, this has some context to make it work as the katakana 'to'.

I'll keep thinking about it, I thought maybe dragon sung heavily slurred could be a candidate, but don't know about that one!

Cheers for your help mate~ I'll go over the song with a translator and see where I made mistakes so I don't make them next time!