PDA

View Full Version : Magic: The Gathering

Lavos
04-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Who plays?

Dr. Hax
04-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I play...heavily.

Is there something you wish for advice on?

GameGeeks
04-28-2010, 12:02 AM
I used to but the new cards are crap. I have three decks made of old cards but they just collect dust since everyone just wants to play with the new cards and wont face off against older decks.

Dr. Hax
04-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I used to run Arabian Nights and Ice Age. They're still set in cases for when I really need to break them out. Other than that, I run an affinity for artifacts deck and an atog/buff up deck. Atog cards have been hard for me to get.

Valkarma
04-30-2010, 10:53 AM
I play it.

Huge combo/control player, aiming to be a judge in the future since UK lacks a good few high level ones. I play legacy and vintage a lot. I love the old cards no matter how many people say it's not fun because decks are too powerful.
Got a lot of cards from different times because of that.

Courious though; there has been a few threads like this before. Some are even still on the front page (they are locked yes but...) why are you wanting to know who plays?

ShadowWalker
01-07-2011, 06:45 AM
I've played for years and still sport a decent sized collection that I am planning on selling on ebay for extra cash since I don't get the chance to play a lot anymore. I prefer older cards, because in my opinion, a lot of the newer cards are Wizard's attempts to rope in younger and younger players to make the game easier. Downsides far outweigh the positives, the biggest is that with the fan base that have already attracted, those people that know how to put combos together, and have the foresight to try and plan a few turns ahead, these new cards are BEYOND stupid. For Christmas, I was lucky enough to be able to get my hands on the some of the new ones, but I have yet decided to try and get them into my new decks. I have spoken with some other board members, and we look forward to getting into some of the local card playing that might go on to see what it's all about. I shall post more after we have one such experience.

I prefer black lately, but I have at least three decks of each color, all of my decks are self made, I thought about becoming a judge myself, but I decided against it after I swore I was done with cons altogether. Black has a, " You will play for power....IN BLOOD!" kind of theme that I like.

So a few questions for those out there, I shall have to make a new thread.

Kyubi-no-kitsune
01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
i've played since last october i have about 6 decks and by the way were do you get those sigs with my color is from?

Meteorkeeper
01-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I have played for many years ever since I was 15 or so, I have enjoyed
the game up until recently when they suddenly started adding all these new cards and
rules. Why mess with such a good thing, still nothing is more satisfying then destroying
a new card deck with one of my old card decks.

TheOnePersonThere
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I just recently got into it. So far though I have three decks.

A life gain, a burn, and a counter deck.

I've gone to a tournament with the life gain, won three matches but lost horribly in the forth one... >_<

A pretty big group of people play it at my school, including half of the football team (I was flabbergasted when I found this out), it's pretty fun.

Punnchy
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I can sadly say this is a game that I've all but dropped in the playing industry. I don't mind playing from time to time but the whole tournament scene isn't for me anymore. I don't have the funds to buy a deck to play anymore.

The Nightingale
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I've not been playing for very long, but I do. I love it, though playing it for hours on end with my D&D group can get stale very quickly. I'd be lying though, if I said I didn't enjoy my Vampire Deck and some of the wins I've pulled off with it.

sunnyside
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I've not been playing for very long, but I do. I love it, though playing it for hours on end with my D&D group can get stale very quickly. I'd be lying though, if I said I didn't enjoy my Vampire Deck and some of the wins I've pulled off with it.

I was going to make a joke related to necroing a thread, but this sub board has so few new thread I don't think your post really counts.

Anyway I used to play casually a lot. I'd probably do so still if I had the time and someone to play with.

It's encouraging to see some girls playing. It'd be awesome if my daughters happened to start playing in the far future when they're old enough, and then I could blow some dust off the old cards and destroy them and their friends with some ancient decks. It helps that in general new cards aren't as powerful as the old stuff.

Immoral
04-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I've sold the majority of my cards since the new cards/rules kinda ruined the game for me. The only deck I still have constructed is a dragon deck. Since they cost so much to bring out I play out of my graveyard for a lot less. :D

DeathBlade/13.666
04-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Ah... I've been playing since 1997. Off and on. I really enjoy it, but I only stick with casual play.

Vintniv
04-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I picked up playing it about a year ago, and have enjoyed it very much. Its a great way to meet nice people, and the first day I went to a draft, a guy just gave 2 rares right off the bat.

There two downsides to the game that I have noticed, the first being it takes a bit of money if you want to play seriously. Casually thought, its a great stress reliever. The other is the use of 'Net Decks.' The last stardard I was in, I saw the same White Artifacts + Tempered Steel 2 times. The final 'big battle' of the more experienced players was a mirror match, so it gets kind annoying to see the same cards over and over. But its very profitable in terms of trading if you have one of them.

Archaic Devices
04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I play for fun, haven't had enough money lately to buy anything from the new set.

sunnyside
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
I picked up playing it about a year ago, and have enjoyed it very much. Its a great way to meet nice people, and the first day I went to a draft, a guy just gave 2 rares right off the bat.

There two downsides to the game that I have noticed, the first being it takes a bit of money if you want to play seriously. Casually thought, its a great stress reliever. The other is the use of 'Net Decks.' The last stardard I was in, I saw the same White Artifacts + Tempered Steel 2 times. The final 'big battle' of the more experienced players was a mirror match, so it gets kind annoying to see the same cards over and over. But its very profitable in terms of trading if you have one of them.

Tournaments are like that unless you have some specific mechanism in play to prevent it.

If you've got people brining net decks to casual play, I've found the simplest and lowest drama way to deal with that is to have multiplayer games. Most tourney decks are fine tuned to kill a single opponent, and actually do poorely in multiplayer even without the others deliberately teaming up on them.

arjanio
04-25-2019, 11:43 AM
I have three decks made of old cards but they just collect dust since everyone just wants to play with the new cards and wont face off against older decks.
CCleaner (https://downloader.vip/ccleaner/) Happy Wheels (https://www.happywheels.vip/) VLC (https://vlc.onl/)