PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Video] Audio/Video Syncing Problems

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Okay, this might be a bit much, so I'll do my best to condense what I have to say. I downloaded a movie, it's an mkv (Matroska file) and added two extra audio tracks to it by muxing it with MKVMerge GUI. The problem is the two added audio tracks are not in sync with the video. It's actually like 5-7 seconds faster than the video (just an estimate, I don't really know the delay in time). The audio for both is the same length as the video, thank God. I just need to know how to solve this problem before frustrating myself even more @_@; There is an option in MKVMerge: Format Specific Options in which you can set the delay in audio to match the video. The only problem is, they don't tell you how much you need to delay or speed up the audio. I've only had several unsuccessful guesses and about to give up.

Can anyone offer me any help?

RaShayRitto
04-27-2010, 07:31 AM
seems like your best bet here is trial and error, or finding the specific file of the video that the audio was ripped from

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-27-2010, 09:31 AM
seems like your best bet here is trial and error, or finding the specific file of the video that the audio was ripped from
Thank You for the response. Believe me, I literally tried guessing over a hundred times with no luck. And I've tried that, but still no luck. Thanks again.

Alastor1
07-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Please, can you give us some specs of your OS and PC ? I don't know, sorry if I am wrong, but do you handle ( easily I mean ) 1080p MKVs ?
H264 ( found in MKV ) is ... the beast from video decoders - very hungry towards CPU. 1080p video will suck all juices from general 2.4 ( probably 3.2 also ) GHz Intel core. If the load goes to 80 - 90 %, the video FPS will drop dramatically giving you such issue.