PDA

View Full Version : Some things you would never eat

Hideki Motosuwa.
04-15-2010, 08:53 PM
What are some foods that you would never eat and some drinks you would never drink? Or if you've tried this food/drink before, what ones would you never try again?

I'm personally not a cheese fan because I was born not liking it. I won't eat it unless it's on a pizza, which is sort of unusual, I know. As for drinks, I'm never drinking coffee again, unless it's in another form(i.e, ice coffee, coffee flavored shakes, or ice cream). I have some odd tastes :p

Condey
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Chicken Caserole. All around bad, can't stomach the stuff. It's put me off caseroles in general.

Other then that I don't eat junk food, pretty much ever.

Opinionated
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Cauliflower. If you had been made to sit through that STD lesson, you'd swear the stuff off too.

GameGeeks
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Fish, can't stand both the taste and texture of it. Though tuna in mayo for sandwiches are fine. I also wont touch lima beans, baby corn and string beans.

Hugo-Kof
04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't like cheese either, I would eat it with pizza or nachos but never in a sandwich or a hamburger, not even plain, the last time i remember biting a piece of cheddar cheese, I remember i ended up throwing up ( I know it sounds crazy but that is the whole truth.) Many ppl call me weird for not liking cheese.

Also, I would never eat tomatoes (I like ketchup in my fries though) not even plain, they have a strong flavor that i just can't stand.

I also would never eat any type of sea food; I never liked it, even when cooked, they still smell bad to me, and as for the taste, well, everybody has different taste buds.

Kaname Shikara
04-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Hm, well I would have to say I'll never try Haggis. Just the sound and knowing what's in it throws me off. >.<

I'll never eat anything with ketchup on it again (1- partly because my mom force made me try ketchup from a packet when I was 2 or 3 years old. 2- also because it just seems...ew..)

I don't think I'll ever try Takoyaki... >_>; (Fried octopus) Because it has suction cups on it..and it looks rubbery......

A lot of other things I wont try again or never try too. o.o

knives1019
04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
I can not and will not eat chilli.

Bulf
04-15-2010, 11:32 PM
I'll try anything if I'm hungry enough. Think I'm kidding? Try standing next to me when I need food; You'll end up missing an arm. The only thing that's out of the question is any form of cabbage.

Taikyo
04-15-2010, 11:53 PM
All Meats... =_=... like....chicken, pork, and beef...
I can not stand them.. that and lobster.. Cant eat lobster too after watching that murder documentary. eww....

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Hm, well I would have to say I'll never try Haggis. Just the sound and knowing what's in it throws me off. >.<

I'll never eat anything with ketchup on it again (1- partly because my mom force made me try ketchup from a packet when I was 2 or 3 years old. 2- also because it just seems...ew..)

I don't think I'll ever try Takoyaki... >_>; (Fried octopus) Because it has suction cups on it..and it looks rubbery......

A lot of other things I wont try again or never try too. o.o

In areas like Korea they eat small octopuses alive.

Kaname Shikara
04-16-2010, 12:22 AM
@_@ um.. I see.

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 12:24 AM
In Alaska they eat shark that has been rotting in the ground for six months.

Kaname Shikara
04-16-2010, 12:27 AM
That's disgusting... >_>

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 12:31 AM
What's disgusting to you may not be disgusting to other people. It works both ways. Our eating cows may appear disgusting to other people just like other people eating cats and dogs is disgusting to us.

sa5m
04-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Cauliflower. If you had been made to sit through that STD lesson, you'd swear the stuff off too.
I've always hated cauliflower but I'm not getting the STD reference.

When I was little and my mom was steaming cauliflower, I'd feel so sick I thought I'd throw up. Always hated the smell. And its appearance. It's so sketchy.

In Alaska they eat shark that has been rotting in the ground for six months.
But doesn't Alaska have permafrost for the majority of the year? It's basically the same thing as putting a shark in the freezer.

BurntHouse
04-16-2010, 12:35 AM
What's disgusting to you may not be disgusting to other people. It works both ways. Our eating cows may appear disgusting to other people just like other people eating cats and dogs is disgusting to us.

I eat meat... I treat all animals equally. If you're made of meat, then regardless what or where you've been, I'll still think you'll go nicely with yogurt and bread.

Vyndrasta
04-16-2010, 12:42 AM
I'll try anything if I'm hungry enough. Think I'm kidding? Try standing next to me when I need food; You'll end up missing an arm. The only thing that's out of the question is any form of cabbage.

Wow.
I kind of taste terribad. xD

As for the question: Bitter Melon and any type of beans.

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 01:07 AM
But doesn't Alaska have permafrost for the majority of the year? It's basically the same thing as putting a shark in the freezer.

Not where they bury it. The bury them in soil so the shark does indeed rot. Though the ground is still really cold which probably slows it down but after six months it's still pretty rotten.

Bugsiee
04-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Hagas, sheep insides. :-(

DOOM!
04-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Hagas, sheep insides. :-(
Son, you'll never become a full-grown scrotsman like this. I am very disappoint.

Zedekiah
04-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Deep-fried Mars Bar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_Bar)

Megamind's Minion
04-16-2010, 06:37 AM
okra... it's slimy inside the mouth... ewww...
and anything that is too spicy...
and the rest.. it depends on how well it is cooked, steamed, braised, prepared...
or if i'm really hungry then well.. i can make exceptions... but never w/ okra...;)

TheSplundPopper
04-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Smash. Although it isn't the worst form of mashed potatoes. The worst for was that ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes the canteen serve every day in primary school. So Smash and the Primary School ice cream scoop of potatoes are something I would never eat.

Now I love Subway, however there is one sandwich they do that I would rather never have again. At christmas time they did a special,something like "Turkey, stuffing and gravy sub." I tried it and it was horrible. What was most annoying about it was because it was a special it cost about an extra £1.50 and didn't allow subway vouchers/promotions. I could have had a BMT or Meatball Marinara for a lot cheaper and enjoyed it.

Gero50
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Here is a list of some foods I il never eat again.

Any seafood for the most part
Beans
Most Salads
Any meat on a bone or stick

Those are only a few things there is quite a few more but i am just not going to list them.

sa5m
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Not where they bury it. The bury them in soil so the shark does indeed rot. Though the ground is still really cold which probably slows it down but after six months it's still pretty rotten.
permafrost = frozen soil
Why would they eat rotten shark anyway?

Dr. Evil
04-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Singaporian candy. My teacher in 3rd grade had some. I think her father sent it over or whatever. Anyway, it was the nastiest crap I've ever eaten. That and my mom's tuna noodle cassarole. God. Awful. Crap.

Acnologia
04-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Blood pudding ;/ And Haggis.

Beast
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
The scots blood in me gives me a taste for Haggis. IT'S NOT THAT BAD SO TRY IT!

I won't eat anything with the word Kidney in it.

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
permafrost = frozen soil
Why would they eat rotten shark anyway?

No, permafrost equals extremely hard and cold ice. And it's an old tradition back from when they didn't have access to fishing all year around. So it was one of the few ways that had of making meat last during winter months.

Eris
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
No, permafrost equals extremely hard and cold ice. And it's an old tradition back from when they didn't have access to fishing all year around. So it was one of the few ways that had of making meat last during winter months.

That's wrong. Permafrost is ground where the water in the soil never melts, except perhaps at a thin layer near the surface.

What you describe sounds like a glacier.

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
You guys are right, probably should have checked first but eh, I wrote that five minutes after waking up. Feel free to toss what you will at me.

Eris
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Good, then I can sleep (http://xkcd.com/386/).

GameGeeks
04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Har har har.

-GAZKUL-
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
there is no food or drink that i wouldn't eat

JIMBO.
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I dont like mint, lemon, avacado, pineapple

part from that I dont mind.

poshyterra
04-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Most seafood. I'm disgusted with lobster after eating a cheese and lobster dip at Red Lobster that made me sick. If it's not shrimp or battered and deep fried, I refuse to eat it.

deep blue
04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Escargot. Typically I`m open to a lot of foods, but the thought of eating snails grosses me out.

zansa
04-17-2010, 12:20 AM
vegetable and nasty things

chaotic.rune
04-19-2010, 06:29 AM
1. vegimite. im already disgusted with the first sip. for that i blame my biology teacher, for doing an experiment involving taste with it.
2. mushroom.
3. squids.

Lily Rock
04-19-2010, 06:42 AM
I seriously only eat pasta, pizza, hamburger, meat(depends which), some vegetables, Taters (actually potatoes, just something Gollum said in Lord of the Rings), some other, but NOT fish, egg, most vegetables, sasuage, pretty much i hate.

Dr. Evil
04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Liver Pudding! OMG so disgusting!!!

MirrorToTheMoon
04-20-2010, 06:16 AM
I can not and will not eat chilli.

THIS. And Vegemite, bitter melon, spinach, escargots and that weird root-thingy that was in the Asian soup my mum made. :S

smile1010
06-26-2010, 05:18 PM
I will probably never eat any bugs. Ever. No cockroaches, no ants, flies, spiders, maggots. No. Never in a million years. None. I'd never eat cow tongue, which Hispanic's people find that to be alright, however I do eat cow stomach, which I don't even get myself.

And I wont ever drink any energy drinks. Nothing of the sort.

Señor Nobody
06-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Ham. I just don't like the taste.

Miss Moonlight
06-26-2010, 05:45 PM
- birds/insects
- Animal tongue/organs/brains
- most seafood besides fish (crab, shrimp, octopus)

Oh, and I don't really like beans, but it depends on what kind they are. Green beans are ok, and some other kinds of beans are fine if they are in a soup or something. But I don't eat them alone, that's just nasty.

blueangel06661
06-26-2010, 05:56 PM
For some reason I can't eat potato's that have been cooked. It's so nasty I may as well throw up. Though raw potato's? Fine. Potato chips & Fries? Fine. But give me a baked potato or mashed potato's.. Expect me to make a trip to the bathroom.

Another thing is most veggies. Spinach.. Squash.. Cooked carrots..

Miss Moonlight
06-26-2010, 05:59 PM
For some reason I can't eat potato's that have been cooked. It's so nasty I may as well throw up. Though raw potato's? Fine. Potato chips & Fries? Fine. But give me a baked potato or mashed potato's.. Expect me to make a trip to the bathroom.

I would think eating a raw potato would be rather difficult since they are so hard (and bland, but that's a preference) uncooked. I've never eaten a raw potato in my life.

Souhi
06-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't touch many foods with raw onion in them. I can't stand the smell of them. Even grilled onions are tolerable at best.

I also can't stand bean sprouts, which is a bit of a pain since they're a staple in Vietnamese cooking.

.Lovebeat
06-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Live food! As in, food that is either still alive and kickin', or food that was recently killed and is still moving. There are a lot of videos on youtube, if you're interested... just search for 'live food'.

Oh and I will never eat bugs. >_<

Diocletian
06-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Cactus. I don't understand why my dad finds it to be the best thing on earth other than the fact that he's Mexican.

Fuu Kasumi
06-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Food I will not eat:
Seafood (shrimp, lobster, squid, crabs, fish, etc.) -- Tuna is perfectly fine though.
Creamed corn
Sushi
Mushroom
Haggis
Duck
Alligator
Bugs
Asparagus

Drinks I will not drink:
Beverly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_(drink))

Aki no iko
06-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I will not ever eat bugs or alligator. My mom has eaten it, but I will not do it!
Drinks? I don't like milk, so I don't drink it. What's the name of that Mexican milky drink, horchata? I don't like the taste of that either.

Gizoku
06-26-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm open minded about most foods.
Just not these:
Casu marzu
Balut
Drinks:
None. Give me more of it as long as it tastes good.

Datenshi
06-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Being Japanese, the list of things I am open to eating stops just short of human beings and several kinds of insects such as grubs (some regions in Japan eat locusts, which I have never tried but am fairly open-minded about).

FanoBliv
06-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Things I Will Never Eat Ever:

-Feces
-Insects
-That Sushi-crap
-Unsweetend Rice
-Green Beans
-Bodily Fluids
-Blue Cheese
-Cottage Cheese
-That Nasty Tasting Crumbly Cheese that Doesn't Melt Because it is the Cheese Anti-Christ

Things I Tried and Will Never Eat Ever:

-Lamb Meat (The fat is disgusting)
-Ground Turkey Meatloaf
-Gir's tacos
-Mexican Food (except flan)
-Spicy Chinese Stir-fry (Because it burns more coming out then it does in)
-Brussel Sprouts (They STINK)

Things I <3:
-Ice Cream
-Any Kind of Beef
-Any Kind of Chicken
-Pork (<3)
-Cream of Wheat (<3)
-Brockley (<3)
-Chicken Broth

Etc., Etc., Etc. :)