PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tax Day!

Skylar1
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
So it's April 15th which is the deadline for getting taxes in in the US. And I thought that I'd take this oppertunity to ask a few very simple questions:

What do you think about taxes?

What is your personal philosophy about who and how much should be taxed?

And, If you could have it your way, where would you like to see the tax money go towards and how much of it?

~*Red*~
04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Happy Tax Day :)

deep blue
04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I like it as long as I get money back, which I usually do :)

Gero50
04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
So it's April 15th which is the deadline for getting taxes in in the US. And I thought that I'd take this oppertunity to ask a few very simple questions:

What do you think about taxes?

What is your personal philosophy about who and how much should be taxed?

And, If you could have it your way, where would you like to see the tax money go towards and how much of it?

I don't think anyone in the world regardless of what country they're in likes taxes.

I think some things like sigs and bear should be taxed dry. While other items like designer clouths and some foods should not.

I think the tax money is petty well spent already within the US. Though if I had a say I guess I would like to see schools and educational foundations getting better funding so we can have better teachers and tools for them and the students.

Bulf
04-15-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't have a job or money, so what are taxes?
Not a serious question

Vyndrasta
04-16-2010, 12:29 AM
I just sat on my lovely couch while a certified accountant on base did my taxes.

Yeap.

Kicked back and relaxed. =)

sa5m
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Uhh... my mom does the taxes........... >____> *is a real-life noob*

But a lot of my fob friends are totally confused on what to do, lols, cuz their parents are outside the US and they have to file their own taxes. I kind of wish they could hold some kind of seminar in college or something to show people how to do taxes. I mean, seriously. How would college freshman know how to write taxes when their parents used to do it for them? (This goes more towards foreign people.) And their English isn't that great in most cases either.

Forgotten Show
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
I am strongly against the personal income tax. With a balanced budget, we would not need it. With wasteful spending trimmed, we would not need it. With oversized bureaucracies audited, restructured, and better managed, we would not need it. The personal income tax is a relatively small percent of what actually funds the U.S. government, and the more opportunities that are taken to tax the people actually making money and moving an economy, the more sluggish the economy becomes and the more vulnerable it is to the usual outcomes of non-backed, fiat monetary systems (hyperinflation, boom and bust cycles, etc.).

From a personal freedom perspective, I'm still strongly against an income tax. This also includes 'social security' - since the government that's taking from my paycheck cannot guarantee my financial security in the future (which is its excuse for taking a significant part of my income in the first place), nothing justifies our government telling me how much of my paycheck I get to keep.

Bad Memory

*Tsuki*
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
. . . yeah.
My dad was doing taxes the old fashion way. . .
by filling out forms and stuff.

He kept coming to my room to ask me to print stuff off.
Not looking forward to taxes.