PDA

View Full Version : Become A Video Game Tester In 3 Easy Steps

sakiraa1
04-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I make my living gaming. Can you imagine - doing what you enjoy doing most - and getting paid for it? Sounds like a wild fantasy, right? Think again. Many gamers get paid very well just to spend time with their consoles playing the latest games, because they are video game testers. Here's how you can become one in 3 easy steps.
Step One: Make Contacts
You can't just browse the jobs section of the classifieds to find companies looking to hire game testers for the latest games. You actually have to go straight to the companies that develop games and let them know who you are, what your gaming skills are and why you would be a great video game tester.
Make sure to present yourself in a professional manner. At the same time, don't be afraid to brag about how many games and consoles you own and how many hours a day you spend gaming. Experience counts!
Step Two: Take Your Job Seriously
As long as you actually own the console or PC you'd like to test games on, chances are you'll eventually get your first assignment. Make sure to read the instructions carefully. Especially make certain you know exactly what kind of information and feedback the company is looking for from you. Keep this in mind as you play the game they provide you with.
Keep notes as you go along and write clearly. Don't forget to check your spelling and grammar. Most importantly, make sure you get the data back to the company on time! Even though you're having fun, don't forget to stay on track.
Step Three: Be Proactive In Taking On New Projects
After completing your first assignment, you may be so excited when you receive that first paycheck that you spend all your time gloating about it. Don't! Keep up the process of contacting companies and providing quality reviews and feedback. You will build up an impressive resume of game testing assignments that will help you get even more and better paying ones in the future.

Knight Marcus Flint
04-15-2010, 04:00 AM
oh really? lol
Well I would, maybe. Not that it would be a bad thing there are just other things that I feel need to be done first. :3 But that's pretty cool. I just don't like the ad's you see online because they are mostly lies and scams. ><" As for going to the company itself, I would first need to find one. lol But thanks, I guess. :)

cherrypopwizkid
04-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Make a living? Hehe...Game testers make like 7 bucks an hour....