PDA

View Full Version : Good Title for a Manga comic

HÜGO
04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Well right now I'm creating my own manga comic,but at these time I'm just stuck on a good title.I was wondering if anyone could help me on a good title or suggestion... let me know guys of any suggestion..

So far it's a alien child who grows up in tokoy,japan and becomes an orphan.An pretty much he discover he's different from all orphans kids...doesn't seem like he belong on planet earth.So he try find out who he really is,why he's here?On he's 11th birthday he strated to notice some changes with body,so next thing you know he has a tail grows out when he wake up the day of birthday....from their on it gets better.. So far the fight style is breakdancing/capoiera.. and also have the ability too run fast,jump,glide like a squirrel lol and have great agility... these a brief of what comic is about.. thier to the story ... just broke it down on what is a good title ... thanks for you help.. give me as much idead as possible..

HÜGO
04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I guess no one want to respond to my post :(....it's alright if no one want to replay .. thanks you guys...

TheThunderBringer
04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry, no ideas come to mind. But is English your first language? You should probably have someone proofread the manga for you before you...do whatever with it. I'd be happy to if you haven't already.

HÜGO
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
no haven't really start it was just general idea on what I wanted input in the story.. I was just giving an idea what my mange so far is about.I been searching online and have gotten good pointers.. English is my is my first language ...just trying to show little bit about the story like thumbnail of what to expect.. I'm adding more to the story..I'm just giving little bit of who he is and hopfully someone can suggest a good title .. thanks for you opinion

Gero50
04-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Well when I think of stories the title is the pretty much one of the last things I do. The reason is because once you have your basic plot, setting, characters and all the other stuff figured out it is easier to figure out a title.

HÜGO
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
that's good observation...thanks for your help... :D

Skylar1
04-21-2010, 11:30 AM
yeah, unless you've already done everything else and it's all you have left, the title should be the last thing on your mind, for two reasons:

1. You may think of a really good title at the start, but by the time you're finished, it may turn out that in the time you where creating your stuff someone else took that title. Then you'll have to abandon the one you'd become attatched to, and possibly edit any parts of you comic that would have had the title in it.

2. having a title at the start could possibly restrict the imagination by infulencing you to "conform" to what ever the title is and try to apply it to your comic. Limiting facotors are just no good when it comes to the artist process.

Now as for a suggestion as to what your title should be is that it is entirely your decision to make. You might want to think of something that is both a reflection of your self as the author and represents the comic in a relative way as well. If you get stuck and can't think of any good ideas, you can look in a dictionary for lesser-used words, possibly then finding a good title using word(s) that you may not have even known previously, but are more accurate to the title than what you could have just imagined.

小美ドクロchan
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
As a sister amateur manga artist, I can give you ONE piece of necessary advice:

Don't name it after a song.

I've seen other people try this and it's like....".......FAIL." :rolleyes:

*thinks*

When I come up with titles they are usually based on one of two things:

1. The character's name itself. You can't really go wrong here. So many authors do this and it works. It's an intriguing way to name a series because with just a person's name, absolutely no one can tell what it could be about and they'll click it or pick it up just out of curiosity.

Or

2. Something that has to do with the character's emotions or their point of view. You could use metaphorical words. I.E. if your character has a very detached and cold personality, "Distant Heart" works. I'm not saying name it that-just giving you an example.

I hope that helps.

HÜGO
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate your comment and advice. I dream,I think of these character I been working on for the past couple of months .. So hoepfully you'll see some more of my work .. thanks again..