PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Device] Mic problems in-game.

Lily Rock
04-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Hello, well, i got a problem with my mic, it won't work in L4D2. :/
IDK YET what the mic is(i can post a picture, and MAYBE find some info on it at the store's website), all that it give's is like SHHHSHHSHSHSHSHSHCHHCHSHCSHCHSHCSHSHCSHS, one second of three it CAN work, it is a headset with mic on.
I would appericiate it much if you help(guess spell fail), cause it works with other stuff, thanks.

And btw, the settings are defeault(spell fail?), which should work properly, but people always complain my mic is broken or something, and btw, i've tried with three different one's, same result.

Gero50
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
If you could please give us a little more information. Like for example yo have not even said if it was for the xbox or the computer.
If it is the computer version your drivers may have not installed correctly or something. But I need a little more information then you have provided to help you.

Lily Rock
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Okay, i will try to find as much info as possible, i have a headset for PC, white color(fail), EDU-353M, my sound cards and that would be installed correctly, cause my dad would know if they weren't.

With foam-covered ear pads and headband adapted for children. Equipped with volume control on the side of the handset. With 2 pcs. 3.5mm stereo connectors for headphones and microphone. 1.8m cord.

Epic fail headset?

Also, i can record with it on several recorders, the windows inbuilt one, another one(which i can't remember name), and one-two others.

It is probably L4D2 who can't really use my mic, or i have to change settings, i have Realtek HD Audio Manager, i don't know anything else right now.

Eris
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
As you say other microphones aren't working either, it almost certainly isn't related to what headphone or microphone you're using, but to the sound card, or rather sound settings. It's possible it's working, but the microphone recording level muted.

What OS are you using?

Lily Rock
04-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition.

GameGeeks
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Does the game have voice chat built in? If so in options under audio there may be a drop down box that'll let you select which hardware to use for voice communication. Select the one that is your head set.

Lily Rock
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
^ There is none sorry.
The built in works very good for others it seems, expect me. :/
And CBA asking the players go into vent all the time, some might not want to or that...

niKopol
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

and

Least likely:

Does the microphone work outside the game?
Bring up sound recorder in the start menu/accessories and record yourself talking into the microphone.
If that doesn't work check your settings under volume control from the start menu/accessories on the computer make sure that the mic's volume is turned down(not muted) as feed back can cause an annoying sound.
Check the game's voice options.
Worst comes to worst the microphone is broken-ish. Now my microphone does the same thing on the 360 every once in a while. So make sure the mic is plugged in before the game starts up and wiggle the cable a bit.
Or it could be a different microphone type jack on the end. Some are mono and some are stereo. I have trouble getting my mic to work while at work cause the computers are older.
Check the little piece that you plug into the computer if it has one little black band around the metal its Mono and two black bands if its Stereo. As pictured here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Photo-audiojacks.jpg/644px-Photo-audiojacks.jpg

Lily Rock
04-18-2010, 01:36 AM
1: Yes, it is working with voice recorder also other voice recorders.
2: Can't be broken, cause then all three would've been, also, i have another type of plugin thing.
3: It has 2 black bands on both speaker plugin and the mic one, and a slight "gold looking" metal(the metal piece), i can give you computer info when i get to it, around 17:00, maybe 16:00, idk really.

niKopol
04-18-2010, 02:02 AM
Apparently, quite a few people are experiencing the same problem as you. I guess its really up to steam/valve if they feel like fixing the bug/glitch. This was where the red words are now in my previous post but it was removed cause I linked you to the actual forum of the game developer. How low I have sunk. Hara-kiri!

Lily Rock
04-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Hmm, i've been watching a guy at YouTube, called Austin(game name Kilplix, YouTube Kilplixism), and he used analog(i think, or, does it even exists?), and a USB mic, USB for ingame chatting and that, and the analog for fraps, i wonder if it works with a USB mic, then i gotta force my dad to buy me one, so i can talk with ppl instead of having to write all the time(people from some different countries like russians or so, that aren't VERY good at writing).

What'ya say, think USB mic works? Cause if anyone confirm it works, then i can buy one.