PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy?

Rena
02-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Which one do you like the best? And why?

I personally like Final Fantasy VII,for its awsome plot, and Final Fantasy X-2, because of its supreme graphics! :D But, i had to go with one, so i picked FFVII because I was totally shocked by the whole Aeris plot twist.

Cloud X43
02-15-2004, 07:00 PM
My favorite was Final Fantasy VII

shuugo
02-15-2004, 08:25 PM
i like ff11 but i dont know why :lol:

Alexander
02-15-2004, 10:20 PM
My favorite has always been Final Fantasy 7, but 6 is also really good if you don't mind old 2D graphics. I really enjoyed its summon and magic system.

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Your list is void. FF6 was far better than any of those choices.

Rena
02-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Maybe so but I've never played it so I didnt put it on. I've never even seen it before so... :(

Adamantine Weapon
02-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest Final Fantasy ever made in the history of Final Fantasy, there is non greater, DON'T TRY TO ARGUE!!!!!

RequiemAngel
02-17-2004, 04:34 AM
never played any of them but i think ff X-2 is da best, i cant play rpgs, i've never even come close to finishin a game,

WakingLife
02-17-2004, 04:35 AM
7 hands down guys , best music and best soryline outta all of em ,
CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!

Rena
02-17-2004, 04:43 AM
I cant wait for the movie either! :P Cloud looks so *cool in the previews! :wub:
*cool- (I wanted to say HOTT!! but most of the ppl replying are guys, I'm guessing, so you wouldnt understand!)
CLOUD ROX!!!

onslaught2029
02-21-2004, 08:58 AM
While I would agree to FF7, I didn't play it. Therefore I had to go with FFX-2 because the three main characters are pretty nice lookin' and the gameplay and storyline are also pretty cool.

retro
02-21-2004, 01:44 PM
I watched my friend complete FF7 ... so thats my fav :^_^:
(what a long long long Saturday/Sunday it was ^^)

wise katana
02-22-2004, 09:34 AM
well to me, my favorite is FFX. i like it better than the other older ones, but compared to the newer ones, i'm not sure because i haven't played the newer ones yet (i need money :P ) but besides FFX, FFIV was pretty good, i haven't beaten it yet, but still working on it, i need to buy it (borrowed it from a friend :^_^: )

Serge
02-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Im a big RPG fan so ive played most of the Final Fantasy series but i went w/ FFVII cuz its been the best so far i think w/ plot and that makes the game.

Rena
02-22-2004, 06:47 PM
This topic seems to be popular... O.O I wonder why nobody started it before... :unsure:

WakingLife
02-22-2004, 11:02 PM
the storyline was really lacking in the latest ones (10 , 10-2) i didnt really enjoy them , just eye candy ;)

sesshomaru
02-23-2004, 01:25 PM
I like 10 and 10-2 Final fantasy 8and9 are great.
square enix makes some great games.

Deadscyte
02-24-2004, 08:33 AM
FF VII and FF III are the 2 best games of the series

I think FF X-2 is cool to (awsome graphics & combat system) but i haven't played it long so i don't know it very well.

DarknessPhoenix
02-26-2004, 05:36 PM
FFx-2 is the tightest game I've played since FFVII-FF9.

Hiei's#1lover
03-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I love FFX-2 it's soooo cool!! Most people aren't gonna belive me but I look like Lenne I'm not joking I'm 100% serious! Give me the clay look and you got Lenne so everyone calls me Lenne now you can if ya wanna!! :^_^:

Phantasydrummer
03-06-2004, 09:04 AM
as much as i play final fantasy because im a freak i like final fantasy 6,7,8,10,10-2
they r all so unique in their own way

DarknessPhoenix
03-06-2004, 09:25 AM
I have FF 7,8,9,Tactics&10-2.They're all good.

_hades the wicked
03-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Sadly, I didn't play FFVII whole, so I don't really know the story plot for it all, but even though, it's my second favorite, being my favorite FFX.
I didn't really like FFX2, cuz it's too damn easy.
Also, I'd like to mention that the coolest character of all FF's is Sephiroth, no arguing there.

Chiki Girl
03-08-2004, 07:15 PM
I chose VII. Why? BECAUSE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS PERFECT(except for the fact that Aeris died)!

Sophonax
03-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Never tried FFVII.. *sights* aww well.. i chose FFX

niKopol
03-14-2004, 04:44 PM
ff VII was the best overall because of the complex story line and for having unique character and of course of having the best known villian ever sephiroth.

The Black Swordsman Guts
03-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Definitely FF 7 everything is good about it music,story,characters and the battle system

oOoKenshinoOo
03-24-2004, 01:39 AM
FFVII changed the way we look at RP's today. It was one of the FIRST 3-D RPG's, and with a very in depth, lovable, believe-able characters, with great music. The plot was excellent, and it was all around a good game. The usage of materia, and the side quests gave this game easily 40+ hours on an OLD system. This has made RPG's today, and everything has evolved from this game. Hands down.

FFVIII was OK. Square kinda half a**ed the characters a little bit, but hey, the battle system was OK, and the plot was kinda...messed up. They tried WAY to hard to make it not understand-able, so you thought it had an OK plot, but it really had a weird one with stupid plot twists. This is when square went down hill...

FFIX was by far the WORST game i've EVER played. I played through the whole thing, and asked for the last 40 hours of my life back. The battle system was not that great, the characters were complete idiots and morons, running around acting like grown ups, and it turned out to be a kiddish type game. Square ruined it's reputation making this game for the YOUNGER generation, and ended up displeasing a LOT of people. They really didn't spend much time in the plot, mostly into the graphics and game play, which would explain the really horrid plot.

FFX made up for the PAIN caused by FFIX, but still, the blow lives on. The battle system brought together a whole new type of system, the sphere grid. A new way of leveling your characters, and well over 50+ hours of gameplay. The usage of summons and fighting with the summoned creatures, gaining spells with them, really made the system feel new, and improved. The battle system was the highlight of this game. The whole blitz-ball thing was kinda cool, and the plot was OK. Overall, this game wasn't so bad.

FFX-2 made me cry, literally. What was square thinking? I beat this game in NO TIME, without a strategy guide, without ANYTHING. Don't give me the crap about how the side quests and everything, it's NOT WORTH IT. Women half dressed, and the udderlessly dresspheres were a horrid addition. If the costume designer would have been fired, then the game may have been ok. The changing job systems is alright in battle, but in a sense, it makes the game too easy. I liked two things in this game. The fast paced battle system, and the graphics. The plot was almost NON-existant, and had virtually NOTHING to do with the first. This was like charlie's angels in a game, and way too much estrogen packed in one docage for anyone to handle.

FFXI has made a great addition to the FF title. The game-play allows many people to come together to take down one foe, and all get something out of it. It maybe like everquest, but it's still fun. The classes, missions, sub-missions, crafting, 'n such made for over about 80+ hours of gameplay. This game is worth buying. The only downside to this game is the pay to play thing. But, forking out 12 dollars a month is almost worth it, because they update this thing constantly. There are rarely any bugs, and it's really fun. However, it does take a lot of time to do many things, so if you don't have time, don't get this game.

That's my evaluation. FF1-FF7 were amazing, FF8 was alright, FF9 should be shot on contact, FF10 was alright, FF10-2 made me want to take testosterone-suppliment pills, and FF11 was great. So, i picked FF7.

lionx
03-24-2004, 02:12 AM
BTW FFVI=best offline RPG ever!!!!!! So include the old ones too...^^;

FFVII- This is an awesome game, the story is amazingly complex and very deep. Its also the first FF with cutscences and the sort, also the first 3-D and PS game which helped define most modern RPGs today. The only thing that i dont like about it is the Materia system, although good, i rather that every character is unique in some way besides the weapons and limit breaks. Makes almost every character a carbon copy of one another sucks, the graphics non-cutscentwise isnt so great(but forgivable since it was made so long ago and back then blocky graphics are great). All in all one of my faves, i will always love killing people on a motorcycle.

FFVIII- Graphically superior to FFVII in almost every single way, this game is a great one too. It focuses on love and i am a sucker for it, but i do wish it had more turns and twists than other games because SquallxRinoa is pretty much known right at the beginning with that obvious intro movie(which did rock). The battle system is a bit hassle-like with the drawing of magic. Which made it very easy to get No Encoutner and suck in 99 Ultimas. The Guardian Forces&#39; cutscences are wayyy too long when used and i didnt like that at all. The characters here are even more like carbon copies since you can trade in magic and GFs and etc. Only thing seperating them is Limit Breaks. >< I find that very flawed. But customizable characters are something people really like too, just not my own taste.

FFIX-I love this game, i find most "kiddie grade" games much more intriging than more "mature" looks. The characters are different and its not just based on their Trace Gauge. The game goes back to the somewhat familiar classes of Theif, Knight, and Black Mage. The game represents the games pre-FFVI and is what i look for the most. Magic is for certain people and others are best with a sword, it makes each character an individual and the way you learn skills is intriging where an ability is stapled to a weapon where the character will learn after gaining the appropiate ammount of AP. The story is pretty basic with the world in danger and princesses in peril in a way, and the main character is the basic FF hero with its witty and more carefree attitude(as opposed to the introvet Cloud and Squall). Basically an FF on SNES 3-Ded.

FFX- Er...well this game is definetly a change, its the first FF with voices and probably make every other FF game with em. The voices are decent but the lip synth stinks. When Yuna is suppose to say Hai, it says Yes in a wierd way. The only good is when Tidus starts the Narration, otherwise people seem like they are saying things in snippets. I defeinetly hope they should do a FFX with it subbed. ITs more on movie aspects and its turn-based. Basically this game is pretty linear, sporting a sphere grid where they learn CAN learn different things, but eventually everything making them more smiliar to FFVII series in terms of abilities. Summons are great this time, you can actually guide them ^^ Bliztball was sorta disappointing, i wanted an action game not a stat point game =/ Good but i can say, it could be much much better.

FFX-2: didnt play yet, no comment besides its prolly different because its mission oriented.

FFXI-What kenshin said, this game is the BEST MMORPG up to date. Read MMORPG, not RPG. This game is similar to EQ and you need alot of time and money to invest in this game. For those who can, this is the best game you can buy, but for those who are casual gamers, dont think about it. This game seperates from EQ(and other MMOs)because: japanese communication and players(auto translator included, jpns=best game players ever&#33;), crafting simple, party oriented (HEAVY, you NEED to party to advance), cutscences, an ACTUAL STORY(its pretty deep as you go on), character models are extremely detailed, nice player base, functional economy, active GMs, huge world, emotes(like a wave, or cheer), no PKing, expansions comming left and right, and the job-system. BTW races matter, a whole damn lot, you cant make up weaknesses of a race with gear and expect it to be the same as other races with the same gear.

FFVII-9.6
FFVIII-8.6
FFIX-9.8
FFX-8.7
FFXI-9.7

xDeathKnightx
03-26-2004, 04:02 PM
I have played most of the Final Fantasy series and i can&#39;t really come up with a tru favorite.... simply because the only one i havn&#39;t been able to play yet is FFVII. So with that in mind i&#39;d have to go with X-2 for now. And it&#39;s true that a story makes a game. bad story almost always makes bad game. I&#39;ll try out FFVII when i can but i&#39;m not sure when.

rice13
03-28-2004, 10:17 AM
i liked ffvii the most. i really loved the whole plot... like all the other fans of ffvii. the characters and even the crappy graphics. i adored everything about that game. :wub:

~>W!NG$<~
04-11-2004, 09:00 AM
FFX-2... Shuyin... Baralai... Gippal... :wub: :P ;)

oOoKenshinoOo
04-11-2004, 09:34 PM
And thank you for spamming, next time let&#39;s add WHY we liked it, and not just eight words.

yuny2000
04-13-2004, 11:13 AM
I chose Final Fantasy VII because of the cool graphics they have.

Sweet_Angel
04-13-2004, 11:58 AM
I go with FFX-2. :^_^:

Sohma-chan
04-13-2004, 05:26 PM
I like FFx-2 and FF9 and FFx But the new ones I miss making up my own name for each person. When I do Thats when I get really into the game :)

_hades the wicked
04-14-2004, 08:39 PM
FFX and FFVII were the best ones in my opinion.
A shame I didn&#39;t play FFVII from tip to tip... I didn&#39;t have it, and I played it at a friend&#39;s, so it was like, every 5 hours of game, I&#39;d participate in 3, and also, that was when my english was waaaaaaay too poor to understand most of the plot, so I mostly didn&#39;t get it all -_- Also, I was away from town when my friend did the subquests, so that&#39;s also bad... I didn&#39;t get to participate on the sidequests =(
BUT... What I played of it was really lovely, and that made for the best PS1 FF. I won&#39;t say RPG, because Star Ocean: The Second Story beats any and all RPGs I&#39;ve seen so far =)

Now FFX was really good. I really loved the battle system of it, since it&#39;s with turns, so you don&#39;t have to play too fast on battles, leaving you time to think all your actions twice before doing anything stupid and ending up dead x_x
Also, the plot was OK, not the best, but OK, and blitzball ruled =)

One note about FFVIII and on: Why the hell did Square make the last boss a real a** on all FFs past VII? Damn&#33; I had a badwordin tough time beating Seraph Sephiroth, but then I play VIII and IX specially, and then I&#39;m totally disappointed -_- ...Not to mention how easy Yu Yevon is on FFX... That was the easiest boss by far&#33;

PsykoChippZanuff
05-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Minez,FFVII...I love the plot and the graphics.But most of all, Squall kicks donkey :D
and i like his gunblade&#33;&#33;&#33;I wish i had a gunblade :(

Human_Instrumentality
05-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I like FFVII the best. it had a cool plot, good characters, a good fight system, and the graphics were pretty cool for the most part.
Oh, and RedXIII rocks&#33;

Candy-StarR
05-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Well... I only finished FFX like 5 weeks ago, hehe :^_^:
And I&#39;ve got to say that I liked FFX the best - It had awesome graphics and awesome music...
FFVII was pretty goood aswell, but the characters looked kinda crappy (It was way good back then though)

Cohex
05-15-2004, 12:52 PM
What About I II III IV V VI they were also good.i admit i didn&#39;t finish them but i got close on a couple.Just recently i played one but i forget which one.oh yeah i also voted on 7 Good characters,plot,map,magic systems and this Cid was good.