PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Quit

chocomallows
04-01-2010, 02:58 AM
Something to talk about for all mmo players, recently alot of my friends and guildmates in RO or Luminary and some of the games i play even in Farmville quit , I just want to know whats your reason you leave a game that you play.. for me its a technical reason cuz before i play RF online but my Desktop got busted and now im just using my laptop so i only play games that my lappy can run. So whats your reason and if possible your game

Rams
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I've played a quitted a lot of MMOs and ORPGs but most of the time, the reason is the same:

Shaiya, Regnum Online, Requiem, Ragnarok, The Mana World, Fiesta, FlyFF, and so many more were all using the same exact formula with slight variations in certain features.
Dofus requires a subscription to really experience the game, but is otherwise fun.
Guild Wars is an amazing game but I just get frustrated by its linear nature sometimes.

What I'd love is a true MMO-Action-RPG, but it seems like every time I hear about one of those games, my hopes are immediately dashed upon visiting the site or entering the game. 9 Dragons is a fantastic example of an MMO-Action-RPG in name only.

Anyways, that's it from me, for now. O:

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Because my friends stopped playing or it gets boring.

chocomallows
04-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Blu i guess u got lonely?!? huh....

Zetsubou-Billy
04-02-2010, 04:06 AM
a lot of reasons.for me is School, Work, Friend's quit, lose interest, but in the end i usually start playing again, could be in a week or maybe a year.

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Blu i guess u got lonely?!? huh....

Pretty much. :p

-Batman-
04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Star Wars Galaxies
Sony Online Entertainment botched this to the point of no return. Quit.
Played for 5 months

City of Heroes/Villians
NC Soft botched this up with crappy content patches that made the game more a chore to play than anything
Played for 4 months

Champions Online
You know what you did Cryptic. You'd better fix it now that Ropher is gone.
Played for 5 months

Age of Conan
Eh, the first 20 levels or so on that island where everything was voiced over and the quests were all about you and how awesome you are were really, really fun.
But after getting into the main game, I got bored around level 30. It went from fun to warcraft with tit's.
Played for 2 months

World of Warcraft
I've dropped a lot of weight since quitting and I've started going outside more. I've also started getting my life goals in order, as small as they are for now. I'm not going back.
Played for 4 years, haven't touched it since January.

Old Republic
I don't see myself quitting this one, but I will play in moderation. I just want to experience the stories. I plan to do little to no raiding, thus I'll have the freedom to play in moderation on my own schedule, rather than a guilds, and avoid getting sucked in the way I did with WoW.

Eris
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I quit playing Wurm because it ate my life. My entire existence revolved around painstakingly slowly building a hut in the woods and occasionally running away from bears and spiders. And it was such hard labor too. I would spend several IRL-days in a row chopping down trees and drinking IRL-coffee.

GameGeeks
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
The grind, it's just so boring, I've only played two MMOs that where actualy fun. The first was Star Wars Galaxies till Sony butchered that. The second was the Megaten MMO, downgraded graphics card striped that from me.

chocomallows
04-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I quit playing Wurm because it ate my life. My entire existence revolved around painstakingly slowly building a hut in the woods and occasionally running away from bears and spiders. And it was such hard labor too. I would spend several IRL-days in a row chopping down trees and drinking IRL-coffee.

I guess it took alot of years from you, so do you still play any mmos?

Fetal Fetish
04-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Usually I find myself to be too busy, too lazy, or I discover a better game.

Eris
04-03-2010, 05:53 AM
I guess it took alot of years from you, so do you still play any mmos?

No MMOs for me. Wurm was the only MMO i came to like. The others are just WoW-clones, and I can not for the life of me stand WoW.

chocomallows
04-03-2010, 10:28 PM
No MMOs for me. Wurm was the only MMO i came to like. The others are just WoW-clones, and I can not for the life of me stand WoW.

sp you totally quit hahaha ... some have personal reasons to quite i have a online friend she quit the game cuz her BF cheated on her and they bought play the game she quit and lock the BFs account

Chocobo
04-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Hmm. . .it eventually just boils down to it just gets redundant.

I played Guild Wars for about two years, and -somehow- noticed it's just fighting over and over again. There was the occasional mission where you picked up an item, but other than that...

Then I switched over to World of Warcraft. Hey, look. I don't have to fight all the time! Hm. Herb-herb-herb-fight-fight-herb-alchemy-herb... Yeah, it's just practically the same thing over and over, but for some reason, I like to play it. However, I usually try my best to solo quests because I'm not a ...social...butterfly. Plus I have a lag, and don't feel like dealing with the complaining from a random party member in town. :/

It's not that the games get boring, it's just it gets redundant! Same with console games. Each game is different, but it mainly all boils down to something is threatening the world, your player is the main one, and most of the events in the game that progress you toward the end are battles.

Vyndrasta
04-04-2010, 12:10 AM
They quit...but they ALWAYS come back.
As for me, I haven't quit yet. WoW gave me my side job as a GM.
Since it gives me a moderate amount of income, I play to work.

-Batman-
04-04-2010, 12:16 AM
They quit...but they ALWAYS come back.

Not always.

niKopol
04-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Boredom, none or very little extra/new content added, the story sucks, and the point where you hit that plateau in a game where either leveling up takes way too long or the story runs out. No voice acting. Noobs. Being broke for those pay to play MMO's. And because your friends quit because of any of the previous.

Daenerys
04-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Usually for me it's loss of interest, or I started playing something newer, or better.

I usually go back to my favorites though. Like halo2/halo3/wow

chocomallows
04-08-2010, 11:05 PM
friends do alot of pressure when you play games so when they quit you can actually get bored right and quit, so i agree with Kie

Antre Istakis
05-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I quit playing World of Warcraft 'cause it got too addicting. I'm telling you, MMOs are our generation's crack.

Bradi-Kun
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Because it gets boring, thats why. :P

narunaru
05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Common sense reasons, really, level-grinding gets old, quests/items get boring and start to repeat, people are jerks, pkers get annoying, and it just gets overall old. :\

CrimsonMoon
05-28-2010, 12:26 AM
I already reach max level in Talisman Online. So I'll just lay low for now. I'm not quitting though. Now I'm on Fly For Fun, and I know I'll quit that too soon, because it always disconnects. Plus I don't have many friends there.

kibeth
06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
MMO's will steal 25 days of your life in 23 days, and you wont notice till 3 months later cos your still busy grinding in silithus.

The Nightingale
06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I quit Wow - Because after playing it for so may years, it has lost all fun it ever had - and most friends left playing are now horde - and I would rather not be hordie! It has been 5 months since I officially played last.

I quit Second Life - Because of drama - I swear people on that game are straight from those tv dramas o..o

I quit Last Chaos - It was boring alone

I quit Combat Arms - That game is infested with more hackers then ever these days!

I quit Audition - Boring alone! Got tired of the same songs again and AGAIN!

I took a hiatus from GAIA - Because I have no time x.x

Zandan
06-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I usually quit because the game gets boring. Usually that happens when friends I make in the game quit or become very inactive. That also usually happens when I hit the max level or a satisfying level.

Only one game caused me to quit before I got to a satisfying level and that was Maple Story. The community on that game is just the worse I've ever seen.

Lily Rock
06-19-2010, 05:49 AM
I quit WoW twice i think and i'm back now.
Mostly cause it costs alot and i'm not good at economy there, poor all the time -- but also cause it got boring and most people there are immature, i used to play RuneScape when i was little, but when i got WC3 it got BORING)RS), also MapleStory, but that wasn't just fun anymore at all.

Vyndrasta
08-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I was an original WoW player since Vanilla WoW days (Pre-BC).
It's all my fellow marines (back at that time) and I played post deployment. I had to quit to pursue my AA degree.

I got back into playing WoW again in 2007. Took a 3 month break because I needed it.
Back in Oct/Nov 2009 I applied to work for Blizzard Ent. I got the job (x_X).
Now I'm a full time Blizzard Employee since my probation with them finally lifted Feb of this year.
<GM Vyndrasta> at your service. =)

Kylesico912
08-23-2010, 09:19 PM
I quit final fantasy XI because i was to lazy to put my new card in the payment. I plan to play final fantasy XIV instead.

Izzy Stizzlebonk
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I quit playing MMOs 'cause I got too addicted.

MMOs is a helluva drug.

Souhi
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm still a WoW player, and the only reason I'd quit is if the community of guildies and friends I've made over the past 4-5 years were to gradually fade away. Admittedly it's happened a bit because of this pre-expansion lull/dead zone of new content, but with Cataclysm around the corner, I won't be quitting anytime soon.

TomoyoSakagami
10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I always quit but then half the time, I go back to playing it again.

Now I just pace it out in my life, if I feel as if I've been playing too much, I'll take a break from it.

Saxima
10-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I quit mostly because it just gets too repetitive and boring.

Darksword66
10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Hmm, i normally quit MMO's because of the story line, crappy society, or things more on those lines. Also i feel that you need to balance grinding and quests, which most fail at badly.

I also sometimes quit for stupid reasons like if i have to spend 3 hours to get something cause they one thing doesn't spawn...for a long time.

Though i have come back to wow many times, currently not playing it but plan onto soon again, though I think i'll stay more with ff14 when it comes out. But most of all, for payment mmo's its cause i can't pay for it.

Opinionated
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I quit playing Guild Wars mainly because I didn't have anybody to play with. I have small numbers of friends in real life, and am little good at making online friends. If I had a better computer I'd give Star Trek Online and Guild Wars 2 a go, but in the end, with my dismal social stats(CHA isn't a dump stat after all), it'd turn out the same way in the end.

I quite FlyFF and Rappelz because they're terribly designed games with neither soul nor fun You put 'fly' in the title and you can't even do that right, why did you make me waste my time grinding up to that point?!.

lcycrow
11-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Gaiaonline- because alot of school work has to be done!

Combat arms- Alot of laggers and glitches.

ALL MMO- that i never heard of.

MistaCloudStrife
12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
You mainly quit to live your own life. You get carried away playing MMOs and you miss out on the real MMO; your own life. :P Lol @ nerdy-*** analogies.

Gero50
12-09-2010, 04:44 PM
There can be a lot of reasons to quit a MMO. For me it was due to personal life issues, and the fact I had college coming soon. Maybe when I finish college up here soon I will get back into it.

PinkCherimu
12-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Usually it's because of computer issues :/ Or that the only thing you can do in the game is grind =3=
Another reason is because it's simply super hard to lv...

If I really like the game though, even if I quit, I'll start playing again after a few months :0

リッキー
01-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Games are typically repetitious and often without end - over time it just wears you down. I am a long time player of RuneScape but decided to retire last year when it got so boring that I just could not keep interested. These days I prefer to be talking to people about something, doing something irl, or learning something - keeps things interesting! :)

Lily Rock
01-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Right now I'm on the edge on either leaving or staying on WoW, probably stopping for a month or two after this paytime is over, probably gonna test Guild Wars or some new game.
I got 2 85's, getting new gear here and there, but yeah, I play abit too much even if I play 4 hours per week.

cocogame
05-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Sometimes I quilt one game, maybe it is waste lots of my time, maybe it is interesting enough and so on, I think different people have different reasons

Nesh
05-17-2011, 06:53 AM
I start playing like crazy at first ....but then I get really bored and quit
*don't seem to be enjoying the game like the first times

Xeyuzio
05-17-2011, 07:10 AM
I've quit FFIII because I couldn't beat it and stopped playing Pokemon because I am a perfectionist and ruined the game for myself.

Meteorkeeper
05-17-2011, 10:51 AM
It's always the same thing for me...boredom I grow tired of it after a time.
The length of time it takes for this to happen always varies from game to game but it will happen it always dose.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
I don'tfully quit, but when I do kinda 'quit', it's only because I don't have time, for some reason the game won't run in a new laptop or computer I have, and moving. Like right now, I have no choice but to quit in one of my most spent time and money game because they only have north america server, and will have to make another character and account for another server.

Elukien
05-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Boredom. The games are fine and some are pretty sweet but they just get boring after awhile. Also the whole running back and forth doing quests constantly gets rather repetitive.

Mattey
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
kuz i get bored or that i get scammed(yeh im not to bright about who to trust xdd)

TenguSan
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
same reasons as most i guess.. gets boring, no friends to play with, or find something better.

Cobra Commander
05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
WoW - I played this for five years. I was in a decent guild because I had decent connections and was known in my circle as a reliable 5 man tank and dps. I raided a few times but never really liked doing it. I don't like to voice chat. If I want to hear people talk I'll have/go to a LAN. I like to blast my music when I play. I got bored, all my friends quit, and the elitism was astounding. Sorry, I don't need full Wrath purples to tank Heroic Gundrak. DIAF. I was also upset with the changes to Warriors and DKs, my main classes. I like the game enough to give it a chance again in the future, if it goes F2P.

Lord of the Rings Online - Played a month, but it was F2P by that point. Looked good, played similar to WoW. Just not a lot going on so I got bored.

Star Trek Online - Played three months, quit, played another three months and quit. First, I'd had it since the Beta. I really enjoy Star Trek, but I found the game boring and glitchy. I returned later when some friends wanted to try it, and found it much, much better, but the missions are too repetitive for me. There's also been an influx of the WoW idiots. A big part of why I left WoW was due to the utterly worthless community. Star Trek wasn't as bad, but I couldn't find people to play with that either knew what they were doing, or would at least take advice. I also did not want to join anyone's fleet and then have to wear their uniform.

SW TOR - I'm looking forward to this. Other than Duke Nukem and Battlefield, this will be the only PC game I buy for the forseeable future, as I now have PS3. I never get tired of Star Wars, and like another poster, I play more for the stories and the adventure of exploring a world than I do for raiding and epics. My WoW crew will be playing this with me as well as some folks I've recruited from work. Exception - If I'm attending police academy, I'll be holding off till graduation so I can give 100%.

I enjoy roleplaying to some extent. I'm not one of those Olde English people, or the OOC-police...but I remember older games where guild/clan meetings took place in-game, a system was used for people to speak in turn, and people actually filled their assigned roles. Sometimes it was frustrating, but it brought a sense of community and visualization that Ventrilo or a forum cannot. I believe my clan in the original Jedi Knight Dark Forces II worked this way, and we all roleplayed as members of an Imperial fragment. It was quite fun. STO had some of that in certain locations and channels and I had fun with it. I suspect SW TOR will as well.

Tetsanosuke
05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Not always.

This comment made me happy. =D

I've played a few MMO's, but after Drama/Personal reasons involving WoW I said to the rubbish with it.

Now I just get my gaming in via DnD and nWoD, Table top and LARP respectively. That or my ol'PS2 collection and the like.

zfangarts
06-18-2011, 09:53 PM
As many have said, it got boring or there were too many issues with it.

I eventually got hooked on them and that was about all I did. Eat, sleep and play games. Not healthy.

Machipa
07-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Stopped playing LaTale cause it was just the same thing over and over again. Do quests, level till you're 80+, advance in a different class. Gets boring. DOMO also got boring. Maplestory wasn't really worth it to me. :<

KawaiiAi
07-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Maplestory - It was time-consuming. And Nexon kept messing up the game. Adding useless unnecessary characters and patches. It just wasnt fun anymore.
Combat Arms - Too many hackers now.
A.V.A - My team is too perverted and hackers are starting to join.
Runescape - Just cause.
WoW - Cause of my ex boyfriend(s)
L4D - Got boring. o.o;
CoD - I took a break. Too many shooters. @___@

-akichan-
07-18-2011, 11:35 PM
I quit Mabinogi because I had no idea how to play it. My character should be 200 years of age by now lol!!!

I used to be an addicted Audition player, but I quit after level 22 because I can't pass the test to level 23!

Earth
09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
My laptop is quite bad so I've retired from any online video games until I get a new computer, otherwise wise lag is inevitable and it takes the fun out of the game. I have also stopped playing a few other games because my friends left, leaving me bored senseless.

Toshiro Tazukura
04-01-2014, 12:18 PM
It's boring and all ways busy