PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Device] Drive not found by Windows

sataned
04-01-2010, 01:23 AM
so yeah i just found out that my D: drive is missing and i have no clue how to reinstall or repair it or w/e ... i have a crappy Toshiba L25-s1216 laptop help me! please.

PS: i checked it out on the Device manager and it says its working properly, but theres no D: drive in the my computer and no autoplay options pop up when i insert a CD or DVD

GameGeeks
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
May have gotten corrupted, if you know the manufacture for your drivers, you could check their sites for the latest version and try installing that.

IFS
04-01-2010, 01:54 AM
what if you reformat your drive, I know with new drives you have to format it first for it to be picked up, maybe you have to do the same with this one (I know its not new but give it a try)

Taikyo
04-01-2010, 03:49 AM
so yeah i just found out that my D: drive is missing and i have no clue how to reinstall or repair it or w/e ... i have a crappy Toshiba L25-s1216 laptop help me! please.

PS: i checked it out on the Device manager and it says its working properly, but theres no D: drive in the my computer and no autoplay options pop up when i insert a CD or DVD

XD That happened to mine before, which is why I had to reformat it.
As long as you have your driver cd it's ok. Also make a back up, if you have an external. XP

Ashminigun
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Here some question you need to answer:

What version of Windows are you using now?
Are the D partition in the same disk or is it in an external hard disk?
Do you remember anything that you did before the "disappearance" of the said partition?

AF is playing April Fool's via n00b-like word filter...YAY =\

niKopol
04-03-2010, 11:19 PM
If you're lucky it may just not be showing because it was set not to.

Right click the "My Computer" icon and select "Manage.."

Click on "Disk Management" in the left panel.

Now if the hard drive shows up but doesn't have a Drive letter assigned to it you should right click the drive and select the option to.

Going by memory since this work computer is very restricted, so it may differ slightly from what shows up.

Or on the off chance you confused everyone and meant your CD/DVD drive, you can try downloading the drivers here (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=1209126&rpn=PSL2XU&modelFilter=L25-S1216&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663). Be sure to click on the "download" tab beside the "Support Bulletins" tab.

sataned
04-05-2010, 01:34 AM
ok i reformatted my Laptop and again my D: drive missing...
i had it back for a second i dont know where it went though..
i guess ill try the manufacturer a possible solution

Ashminigun
04-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Is the said partition appeared if you connect to other computer externally?

Mr. Gruntsworthy
04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Could very well be a loose cable, haha. Happened to me a few times. It's a laptop, right? if you trust yourself, try getting into it's innards so you can check the cable connection.