PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying, pointless, ect... period of time in anime.

Battler Ushiromiya
03-31-2010, 09:19 PM
SPOILERS PLEASE!!!!!
Ok so basicaly i heard Naruto had a year and a half of fillers.
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya had the endless 8. ( You will understand when you see it. )

None of those are real spoilers or anything.

If your post has spoilers please put them in spoiler tags.

The Butcher
03-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Fillers,and romantic moments.

GameGeeks
03-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Can't forget the endless screaming in DBZ.

Fetal Fetish
03-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Hahaha, I love the fillers in Lucky Star.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
The China arc of Code Geass could have SERIOUSLY been solved in about one episode.
Bount arc of Bleach. That was dragged out.
I could post more if I was more clear on the topic, lol. Am I posting the right type of stuff?

Rei
03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
-Fillers. :rolleyes: it sets people off the anime.
-Pointless, stale humor.

Condey
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya had the endless 8. ( You will understand when you see it. )

God... My rage was legendary. I watched through about half of the endless eight before I said "Eff this stupid s**t" and skipped ahead to where the season picked up, only to find out that it was a rehash of a story arc from the first season. From that point on, Haruhi and friends were dead to me.

If the movie is nothing short of awe-inspiring, I'm going to burn an effigy of Haruhi and perform voodoo torture on her remaining fans.

Rei
03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
endless 8 happened because Haruhi apparently didn't want the summer vacations to end. So she repeated it over and over again. There are slight differences in minor things such as character clothing and stuff...if not it's pointless.

Condey
03-31-2010, 10:42 PM
endless 8 happened because Haruhi apparently didn't want the summer vacations to end. So she repeated it over and over again. There are slight differences in minor things such as character clothing and stuff...if not it's pointless.

I've heard that argument before and I don't buy. It was 90% recycled dialogue, animation and backgrounds. They could have done two episodes, one to explain the situation and one to resolve it. I think the studio just lost all concept of what makes a narrative function.

Pro-tip, in order for a story to move forward and keep the audience's attention, something needs to happen.

God my blood is boiling just thinking of those episodes.

Rei
03-31-2010, 10:53 PM
I've heard that argument before and I don't buy. It was 90% recycled dialogue, animation and backgrounds. They could have done two episodes, one to explain the situation and one to resolve it. I think the studio just lost all concept of what makes a narrative function.

Pro-tip, in order for a story to move forward and keep the audience's attention, something needs to happen.

God my blood is boiling just thinking of those episodes.

I get the feeling that they made Endless 8 for fun. For hardcore Haruhi fans who don't mind as long as they see their beloved characters. That makes sense, but I guess they didn't want to do that.

Cool down :)

Condey
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
I get the feeling that they made Endless 8 for fun. For hardcore Haruhi fans who don't mind as long as they see their beloved characters. That makes sense, but I guess they didn't want to do that.

Cool down :)

Sorry, I guess I'm being a little overdramatic. Hehe.

I guess I should contribute something to the thread...

Uh... Does most of Love Hina count? That show was almost 90% filler, lol.

Rei
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Sorry, I guess I'm being a little overdramatic. Hehe.

I guess I should contribute something to the thread...

Uh... Does most of Love Hina count? That show was almost 90% filler, lol.

It's okay, haha. (:

Umm Love Hina? Haven't watched it...as in you mean repeating events?

Ace messed the site coding up on purpose. Happy April Fool's.

GameGeeks
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
@Ace Fun...NOT! :p j/k

As for Love Hina if it's like that I think it's done on purpose and falls more into slice of life.

Gjallarhorn
04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Thing is, fillers actually have a point, even if they are annoying. Also, no one forces you to watch them.

My vote goes to the entirety of K-ON.

sataned
04-01-2010, 01:25 AM
the whole Bleach Bount Season was pretty pointless if you ask me... and it was BORING!

IFS
04-01-2010, 01:27 AM
its when they talk the whole time and it has nothing to do with the story line or it has no comedy value

Rolo Vi Britannia
04-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Oh! I hate recap episodes! Those are SOOO annoying.

This text is driving me crazy, stupid April Fools Day.
EDIT: hey, if you put it in strike, it comes out normal, lol

Lily Rock
04-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Bleach fillers = bad so far the eye can see...

Mr. Panda
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Long, long, loooong talks while they should actually be fighting to the death.

Doom85
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Filler nothing, it was stuff like Lucky Channel, adding to existing manga "stories", the awesome trip to Comiket (hot-blooded booth guy FTW), etc. that made the anime extra awesome. I bought the first three manga volumes after finishing the anime, and it doesn't compare. I mean, it's decent, but the anime is definitely better. Still need to buy the OVA though.

Condey
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
@Ace Fun...NOT! :p j/k

As for Love Hina if it's like that I think it's done on purpose and falls more into slice of life.

No, it was meant to be more of a harem romance, but they spent most episodes with little activities or repeating the exact same gags. It got very boring and tedious, very quickly.

If I want slice of life, I'll watch Aria or Azumanga Daioh. :P

Edit: This april fools joke is driving me batty. I hate this holiday! lol

Käras
04-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Re-showing events that you already seen over and over. As in a flashback, but they showed it about 2-3 times a episode for a few episodes. That drives me nuts...

GameGeeks
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
That depends on how they do it. Some it works out well and others it doesn't. I'm also going to add recap episodes.

Amulet_Diamond
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Definitely Naruto's filler takes the cake, that's impressive in a bad sort of way.

Endless Eight was another one, as well.

Most long running series are bogged down with lots of filler though... so I'll say filler in general.

JapanAni
04-01-2010, 01:25 PM

this confuses me because this show has no fillers. It's a nonsensical show that just has ramblings of a normal otaku and hanging out with her friends.

TheThunderBringer
04-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Ooooooh Lord, the 80 or however many episodes of filler in Bleach during the 'Bounto Arc'. SO FRUSTRATING. It wasn't even any good! It was awful!

Doom85
04-02-2010, 09:22 AM
this confuses me because this show has no fillers. It's a nonsensical show that just has ramblings of a normal otaku and hanging out with her friends.

Well, most consider "filler" to be anything that wasn't in the original manga, so technically speaking there is a lot of filler (good filler, mind you) in the Lucky Star anime.

nekosenshi
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Though I love Rurouni Kenshin, I didn't like the filler episodes. I haven't even seen season three, due to my knowing it's just filler crap. I got the manga instead.
InuYasha had a lot of bad fillers. And there were some pointless Sailor Moon episodes as well.

daft
04-03-2010, 04:43 PM
When I first began watching anime as a kid, I could hardly bear with those scenes in which nothing is really happening...

You know, scenes where it's just different shots of a quiet setting, or a long and awkward silent moment between characters, or parts so nerve-rackingly long and/or muted that you could almost hear your brain eating itself...? Yeah, I know... anime. And of course, at the time I was only twelve years old and had a consistent diet of sugary Frosted Flakes every morning. ^^''

Since then I've grown to be a much more patient and mature person, and have come to understand and enjoy anime for everything that it has to offer... including fillers.

knives1019
04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Re-showing events that you already seen over and over. As in a flashback, but they showed it about 2-3 times a episode for a few episodes. That drives me nuts...

I hate those to, exspecialy when it shows the same flashback 2-3 times an episode for 2-3 episodes. and I cant stand the recaps of Bleach, every episode.

cherrypopwizkid
04-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Can't forget the endless screaming in DBZ.

Oy! That wasn't even the worst of it... I'd take the screaming over the endless staring any day.

"Next time on Dragonball Z, Vegetta and Goku stare at each other for thirty minutes of your life you'll never get back, thats next time on DRAGON BALL Z!!!"