PDA

View Full Version : Uragiri no Yuuyake - Durarara!!

tonberryking
03-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I didn't like many of the translations I've been coming across on the Net for this song. Especially with the blow up louder parts being roar out louder or blow out louder. Anyway, please look over and check any mistakes and typos. Thank you for your time.

Also, I was thinking of changing machine to motorcycle since it fits with the Durarara theme, but not with the song as it is. What do you think?

裏切りの夕焼け
やっかいに絡みつく汗を
切り裂くようにして
マシンは叫ぶ 歌うように

As if the treacherous sunset wipes away
The annoying drops of sweat
The machine shouts as if singing

blow up louder
無口な妖精はそこにいる
blow up louder
償いは砕けた愛のかけら

Blow up louder
The quiet fairy is right over there
Blow up louder
Atonement is a fragment of shattered love

ああ朝日は昇る
ビルの谷間
今 信じれば変わるのさ
無意味じゃない あの夢を

Ah! The sun rises above the valley of buildings
Now, if you believe then it'll change
That dream isn't meaningless

旅人はもういない
デジャヴのような毎日を
解き放つように
マシンが駆け抜ける夜明け

There are no more travelers
To release from the deja vu of everyday
The machine rides through the dawn

fairyride
アクセル 妖精は踏みこんだ
fairyride
拭えない涙を流せないまま

Fairyride
The fairy stepped on the accelerator
Fairyride
All the while not being able to wipe the tears that cannot fall

ああ朝日は昇る
闇を抜けて
今 感じれば見えるのさ
無意味じゃない あの明日

Ah! The sun rises coming out of the darkness
Now, if you feel it then you will be able to see it
Tomorrow isn't meaningless

ああ朝日は昇る
水平線
今 信じれば変わるのさ
無意味じゃない あの光

Ah! The sun rises above the horizon
That light isn't meaningless

ああオレたちには見えてるモノがある
きっと誰にも奪われないモノがあるはずさ
意味がないと思えるコトがある
きっとでも意図はそこに必ずある
無意味じゃない あの意図が

Ah! There are things that only we can see
Surely there are things that no one can take away
There are things that we can think have no meaning
Surely even there is most certainly a goal right over there
That goal isn't meaningless

おお朝日は昇る
闇を抜けて
今 感じれば見えるのさ
無意味じゃない あの明日

Oh! The sun rises coming out of the darkness
Now, if you feel it then you will be able to see it
Tomorrow isn't meaningless

ああ朝日は昇る
水平線
今 信じれば変わるのさ
無意味じゃない あの光

Ah! The sun rises above the horizon
That light isn't meaningless

supensaa-kun
03-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Pretty good translation! (^▽^)b I have some notes/suggestions though.

拭えない涙を流せないまま

All the while not being able to wipe the tears that cannot fall
Literally 拭えない涙を流せない means either "not being able to wipe tears that cannot be shed" or "not being able to shed tears that cannot be wiped away". I think the second one is far more likely to be correct, because 拭えない seems to be adjectival to 涙. But in lyrics grammar rules can be a bit flexible, so I'm not sure.

If the "fairy" refers to Selty (or Celty, or whatever transliteration you prefer) this line could be a reference to her having no head. Because since she has no head, she is not able to the shed tears that she would have liked to wipe away. (°ω°)

意味がないと思えるコトがある

There are things that we can think have no meaning思える can mean both "to be able to think/consider/believe" and "to seem" "to appear likely". So the translation "There are things that seem to have no meaning" would also be correct, but I like yours much more. I think it would sound even better if you replace "think" with "believe". (There are things that we can believe have no meaning) Even though it's a bit less literal.

きっとでも意図はそこに必ずある

Surely even there is most certainly a goal right over thereMy literal translation of きっとでも would be "surely however," or a bit more freely "yet surely". To me these are more clear to denote that even though the previous three lines are true, still this line is also certainly true. "Surely even" sounds a bit strange to me... but that is probably because I'm a non-native English speaker. If so, just ignore what I said. :rolleyes:

今 信じれば変わるのさ
無意味じゃない あの夢を

That dream isn't meaningless
This is just thinking out loud, but since there is a を particle for 夢, it can only refer to 信じれば, which is transitive as opposed to the intransitive 変わる. If it would refer to 変わる the particle should have been が. So my guess is the two lines together mean "Now, if you believe in that dream that isn't meaningless, 'it' will change". You could choose to refer to this nuance in your translation, but it is not necessary.

All the other constructions with "shinjireba" and "kanjireba" don't have particles, so you would have to use your common sense to figure out the exact meaning.

Also, I was thinking of changing machine to motorcycle since it fits with the Durarara theme, but not with the song as it is. What do you think?I believe I have heard the word "mashin" in anime being used for motorcycles a few times, so I guess it would be possible. But my suggestion is to add a translator note that "considering the context 'machine' probably refers to a motorcycle" or something. I think just a simple note like this would be enough to make readers think for themselves. :)

Sorry for that huge post. xD I hope it helped though.