PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 11 Online: The New Step In Ff Gaming

Loushin
02-13-2004, 01:09 PM
I am here to talk about a new game that was released last October called Final Fantasy 11 Online. SquarEnix is proud to present its very first MMORPG (Massivly Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) Final Fantasy 11 Online.

Now I have heard alot of insults and scepticism about this game. I know it is not the traditional Final Fantasy you fell in love with, but it is still worth trying I assure you.

Now I will admit when I got into the game I was a little sceptical my self. After going through a pretty easy and fun character creation process I was launched into the game on the Quetzalcoatly server on an Elvaan warrior in the city of San d'Oria.

Immitiatly after getting into the game I was giving a clip scene about the troubles going on in the kingdom at the time. Then after the clip scene ended I was aloud to go hunt, and after slaying a few low level monsters I returned to town and recieved my first mission from a gate guard at the south end of the city.

When I talked to him it gave me yet another clip scene, just like in a regular Final Fantasy game. I was amazed that every time I got a quest or a mission, or something important happened to me, a clip scene would begin. This is the very first MMORPG to have clip scenes about your character, and the clip scenes actualy give the game what most MMORPGs lack, a story line.

So after playing for a week alone I decided it was time to include friends so I had to invite a buddy of mine into the game, and buy him a server code to make sure he could get on the same server as I was on.

I was amazed by plaing alone and talking with other occasionaly, but using the party system and interacting with other players across the world made this one of the best games I had ever played.

All in all I think this game was great and I would recomend it to any one. Please tell me your thoughts on this that I have written or the game if you have played. Also ask me any questions you might have about the game.

Come and visit me on the Quetzalcoatly server on my level 10 Elvaan Warrior Ozaru.

Princess Minako
02-13-2004, 11:07 PM
I have a lvl 28 DRG Mithra and I <3 the game. its so much fun&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m on Gilgamesh. I think the game is faboo. Really a lot of fun, my boyfriend got me into it, along with two of our good friends. I have a wyvern and my wyvern is the best ever.

I&#39;m also very tired, but I do agree that this game rocks, bai bai

The Goddess has Spoken

E1000BASE-TX
02-15-2004, 06:16 AM
Its >&#036;200 to play...

Loushin
02-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Where did you hear that?

I bought my game disk for &#036;49.95, and I pay &#036;12.95 a month, with one character and with out tetra master. With tetra master would only be &#036;13.95 a month, and each aditional character is &#036;1 more, and you are aloud like 60 I think.

My brother had 5 characters and tetra masters and is paying a whoping &#036;17.95 a month. But if you just have one character (which is all you need) it is just &#036;12.95.

Adamantine Weapon
02-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Personally I think that an online Final Fantasy is a bad idea, Final Fantasy has always been an adventure in the life of a certain group of characters as they go through each obstacle that comes upon them. It should be a one man, no army, mission for vengence, knowledge, power, etc., not a MMORPG with hundreds of thousands of people involved.

squall_leonhart
02-17-2004, 06:37 AM
man im still waiting for it to come out in australia im pissed we hav to wait ages b4 ne thin comes out
yay only 2 weeks till ffx-2 comes out

lionx
03-24-2004, 02:43 AM
I think this game is the pinacle of MMOs, and i dont think its a bad idea at all, its just an FF game online, theres tons of FF offline games, it snot like all of em are online now, just one is fine for me. I am very into the game and i know i still have hundreds of hours to play.

Lvl 37 WHM, 18 BLM, 5 THF, 16 BRD.
Server: Midgardsormr
LS: Red lotus(my own).

Former Beta player, and still loving the game.

niKopol
03-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Lv. 4 warrior hume named Kie

It is a fun game

Im on Bahamut server

Regex
03-29-2004, 08:51 AM
The game is fun, but I dislike the lack of customizability. You can&#39;t change the stats or anything.

i.e. Every TaruTaru White Mage/Summoner will have the same stats, every Galka Paladin/Warrior will have the same stats, and every Mithra Dragoon/Warrior will have the same stats.. And same wyvern&#39;s stats as well.

I also dislike the level limits.. You can&#39;t group with people if their level is out of your range, unless you want to severely handicap the XP you get. It works okay for me because I play with friends that I know, and we all are willing to wait for each other so we can group together...

If you have the right situation, the game really can be fun.

Tagi, Mithra Thief/Ninja, Odin server.

niKopol
04-02-2004, 09:45 AM
but there is a thing where you can combine jobs so you might be able to get different stats im not for sure though

oOoKenshinoOo
04-03-2004, 02:16 PM
I just quit, but i had like a 56DRG/25SAM, it was bad arse.

lionx
04-06-2004, 01:28 AM
The game is fun, but I dislike the lack of customizability. You can&#39;t change the stats or anything.

i.e. Every TaruTaru White Mage/Summoner will have the same stats, every Galka Paladin/Warrior will have the same stats, and every Mithra Dragoon/Warrior will have the same stats.. And same wyvern&#39;s stats as well.

I find there is alot of custom things, different gear for example, its hard to find a twin in every single way unless you all wear AF(the job gear, looks like the original job gear...? WHM with hood?). Stats are dependant on your job of course, and race matters so its good. With diff gear no one is the same.

I also dislike the level limits.. You can&#39;t group with people if their level is out of your range, unless you want to severely handicap the XP you get. It works okay for me because I play with friends that I know, and we all are willing to wait for each other so we can group together...

This is to gimp power lvling, try taking a lvl 1 person to a lvl 50 area and let them fight for exp, the lvl 1 wont be lvl 1 for very soon. This is a GOOD thing in most respects as to make every character and job lvl earned. The gap should be a bit wider besides 2 lvls but its a good system.

but there is a thing where you can combine jobs so you might be able to get different stats im not for sure though

There are certain combinations better than others, a WAR/WHM wont work for example in PT conditions.

One Winged Angel
04-12-2004, 02:58 PM
I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I must say for my first MMORPG it&#39;s pretty good. Yeah, killing rabbits and worms for a few days gets old quick, but reaching a new level never meant more than it does compared to offline RPG&#39;s.

I wish there was more to the mission variety, but oh well, there&#39;s still a lot in this game that I must do.

Kalima level 7 Warrior Mithra
Caitsith server

lionx
04-13-2004, 01:44 AM
After Mission6(with your very first boss battle, lvl 20 minimum), the story slowly starts to pick up. I just finished Mission 10 and right now its about the time i see the Shadow Lord(final boss of the orignal FFXI, not the expansion), and damn i am really into it and like to do mission 11 to progress the storyline. Heard after Mission 12 every mission(Zillart) is story driven intensely, so i am REALLY looking forward to it.

Like different missions until 9? Switch nations.

Larry David
04-13-2004, 03:19 AM
Setz, level uh, 9 war. =) Odin server. Just started last week.. Havn&#39;t had much time to do much leveling, (yet.) Great game&#33;

niKopol
04-22-2004, 09:41 AM
I am now a level 11 war on mission 6 on bahamut server

Zedekiah
04-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Too much lag IMO. I played it a week and got to lvl 11 with a big guy warrior with some claymoure thingy and 9 with thief.. Then I got back to AO :P

lionx
04-30-2004, 02:23 AM
There is virutallly no lag unless the area is full of people at one time. The servers arent even near their halfway marks even. Every connection is capped at 56K and if you actually lag when theres not a million people next to you, then your video card or memory is lacking. I have no lag unless im still loading an area or when theres a gazillion people around me.

And yea, you havent even played enough to really say much...so there XP