PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Network] Wireless card not able to see the network

Light Buster
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Okay, I just got a new computer and I just installed wireless internet to my computer but for some reason, no connections were found on it. Is there something I need to do to see them? FYI, I am using Belkin Wireless G.

Gero50
03-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Well sense you said you have your network set up and the router is broadcasting wireless and your wireless NIC is installed in your computer all you should have to do is go to Belkin's website and search for your product then download the drivers for it. here will also be step by step guides on their site too to help you.

Light Buster
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Problem is that my computer can't access the internet even with the adapter. Do I need to enable it to get it to pick up connections?

Gero50
03-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Problem is that my computer can't access the internet even with the adapter. Do I need to enable it to get it to pick up connections?
You might try disabling your firewall and antivirus program. After they are turned of then try connecting once you're online then turn them back on again. You may also wanna try looking for newer drivers for your device that might help Windows locate it better.

humbled_soul5121
04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
First off, check your connections and work your way up to the more complicated possiblities. (A lot of us have spent hours troubleshooting a problem only to find out it was as simple as a wire not being plugged in).If you're able to pull up your router settings make sure your router is broadcasting the SSID. Secondly I'd check and make sure your wireless adapter operates on G and not A/B/N. If it's N it may be backwards compatible with G but I'm not positive. I hope this helps, keep us informed on what you've tried and we'll keep trying to help.

Taikyo
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
First off, check your connections and work your way up to the more complicated possiblities. (A lot of us have spent hours troubleshooting a problem only to find out it was as simple as a wire not being plugged in).If you're able to pull up your router settings make sure your router is broadcasting the SSID. Secondly I'd check and make sure your wireless adapter operates on G and not A/B/N. If it's N it may be backwards compatible with G but I'm not positive. I hope this helps, keep us informed on what you've tried and we'll keep trying to help.

OMG!.. SOOOOooo True... My sister's laptop had the same problem. She disabled her firewall and anti-virus, and still no net. She even reformatted her laptop, still the same thing.
Then she looked at the router, replugged some of the plugs.. then there you go, she was able to connect to the wireless net. It's just that our older sister didn't plug the wires in properly.. XP