PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck are you?!

Hideki Motosuwa.
03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Ever have someone say "hi" to you, and don't notice them at first? Like you have a brain fart for a few seconds and then you notice who they are. Of course, I'm talking about a person standing a fair distance away.

I get that all the time, and when I don't recognize a person I know at first, I usually have two things on my mind:

1.) Who is that waving at me?!

and

2.) Is he/she even waving at me?!

rikumi
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I get goosebumps when people do this. Yeah I get the feeling and all, and it's esp. kinda weird being waved at when you're doing something else.

I get it everyday at school. People greeting me and I took about 3-4 seconds to realize it. Sometimes it might be someone that I don't even know.

Daenerys
03-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Sometimes I get people I knew in high school saying hi, and even if I recognize them, I'm like uh... who are you? And they get all upset I don't remember them. It works best on people who were complete tools. I do sometimes think someone's waving at me or talking to me, the other day my friend was walking out of 7-11 and this girl looks right at him and asks how old are you? and he's like what? and she says she wasn't talking to him. Why make eye contact and turn your body towards the person? That's just bad manners imo!

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I really hate it when people do that.

That's why I try to remember what cloths that person wears.

Daenerys
03-13-2010, 12:16 AM
What clothes? Why clothes o.O;

Condey
03-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I hate having to do the obligatory wave with acquiantances you don't like. You know, you're walking by and suddenly that guy you've been avoiding sees you and then you realise "crap, I'm going to have to acknowledge this person".

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 12:19 AM
What clothes? Why clothes o.O;
With the right color of hoodies they wear(Most people where the same hoodies everyday at my school),I can recognize them easily,why cloths?Because what else are you going to remember(Other than face,since your far away)?

Daenerys
03-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh that's a good point. I have terrible eyesight so I can't see people far away anyway lol

DOOM!
03-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Anybody whom I've met earlier than 3 years ago has been expunged from my mind. Most of my acquaintances mention their names when they shake hands with me again.

Vyndrasta
03-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Well, it tends to happen to me.
But if you did meet me down the road, I'll make sure I wont let you forget who I am. I'm likely to do something drastic and crazy so I can be remembered the idiot you met. =)

Stripes
03-13-2010, 04:40 AM
It doesn't happen to me..but to my mother...I don't know much people and all those who I know don't wave at me..haahahaha...It is me who approaches them.....lolz

Sephiroth
03-13-2010, 06:04 AM
If it's on the rare occasion that I'm not wearing my corrective lenses and the person is located more than about 20 feet away from me, then I can't discern their features well enough to determine what they're doing, if anything, but I can still aurally identify them and their location, if they verbally hail me. Though, in the past, some people might have thought that I was initially ignoring them, if I didn't make eye contact.

Eris
03-13-2010, 06:08 AM
When (apparent) strangers start talking to me as though I'm supposed to know them, I usually play along and try to avoid the pressing point of who the hell they are for as long as I can. I basically talk to them like I've known them for years. I've found there frequently is lulz to be collected at the end of the conversation.

poshyterra
03-13-2010, 07:21 AM
everytime i go to wal-mart i always hear "HI" from behind me. when i turn around, i have no idea who has just said "HI" to me. and when i do find them, i have no idea who they are until they say my name. then i know. it creeps me out in the clothing half of stores because there's just so much junk in your way you can never actually see them. i've had people scare me by hiding in clothing racks and jumping out...

Srk
03-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I've had that happen to me as well. I've also had a few experiences of when I hear someone calling me, and there's no one around. I remember the voice, but I can't place the name.

In my old school, I would have so many people say hi to me, and I'd just wave and do a "//5" face because I couldn't remember their name for the life of me.

TheThunderBringer
03-13-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm awful with names, I'll use pronouns all the time since I don't remember your name. My mom said when I was in like, 1st grade, I called all my friends Geroge Washington since I actually didn't know who they were. True story

IcePriestess
03-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Heh... That happens to me a lot. Especially this thread reminded me when one girl came to me and said
Hello, you remember me, we were going to Cooking class together?
I answered: Of course I do... How could I forget...
Actually I didn't remember her at all no matter how far I pretended to know her. :D

Gero50
03-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Yes this dose happen to me quite often. Mostly it happens if I have not seen the person for a long time. Otherwise not so much.

JIMBO.
03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
I never forget a face but I can never remember the name that goes with it.

-GAZKUL-
03-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I never forget a face but I can never remember the name that goes with it.

for me it is the other way round. great with names, terrible with faces.

shinjuuzumaki13
03-13-2010, 02:28 PM
YES!!! i hate that!! For a week, a girl said hi to me and i always called her Brittany. A friend of hers later told me that her name was samantha.... most awkward moment of my life...EVER! (but i still dont get why she didnt correct me :/)

MissChelly
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I hate when that happens... especially since I don't wear my glasses as often as I guess I should! So I REALLY can't see the person from a distance... so while they're waving, I'm not sure if they're waving at me or someone else AND I'm squinting at them to try and see them better... which makes me wonder if they thought I was angry or something of the sort, haha.

LOVE STUFF
03-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I hate when that happens... especially since I don't wear my glasses as often as I guess I should! So I REALLY can't see the person from a distance... so while they're waving, I'm not sure if they're waving at me or someone else AND I'm squinting at them to try and see them better... which makes me wonder if they thought I was angry or something of the sort, haha.

LOL, that happends to me too..I dont like using my glasses and since that made my vision worser and I can't tell who is from far away. Can't tell if people are waving at me. I hate that!

Bugsiee
03-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I hate it when peopel wave at you from a far cos you don't know who their waving at. The most embarrising thing is when you wave back the you turn around and realise that their waving at the person behind you! This has unfortunately happend twice to me! I still blush and give an idiotic grin every time i think about it!

Skylar1
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh yes, this happends to me quite a lot actually. And I love it.

The fact that I also don't know the person makes me feel famous and important. Which are very good qualities to have I must point out.

They say: "Hey Eric~!"

And I smile and wave and say: "Yes I am"

Then I turn around with my new found sense of hubris and feel as though I can walk through solid matter. Perhaps sign a few autographs along the way; because as we all know- popularity = ~superstar~!

BurntHouse
03-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I guess this is confession time...

I wave at strangers all the time, exactly for the reactions described above. I guess I'm more liable to get away with it since I'm from out of town, and people seem to be charmed easily with my accent which somehow means I'm nullified from all wrong doings.

I love it, entertains me to no end!