PDA

View Full Version : Black holes are not so black after all.

Battler Ushiromiya
03-12-2010, 06:59 PM
They are not.... er... well they are but the gas around them is not from what I hear.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2006/0910-black_holes_light_up.htm

Now if only I had something to go look for myself.... what are those tele things called? jk ( I would need a much powerful one than I currently have. )
Dont you think black holes look a lot more inviting now?
See you can see them coming.... sortof...
This has been a random topic that I had pulled up, be on the look out for more topics that help no one. XD
( I like it. )

Kaname Shikara
03-12-2010, 07:02 PM
This is actually very interesting. I love learning about anything space related because it's THE most unknown thing beyond our solar system and the galaxies surrounding it. What about the END of space? Some say there is none. So space has always been of interest to me, no matter how much it scares me.

Eris
03-12-2010, 07:32 PM
The holes themselves are mostly black (there is some Hawking radiation, but for larger black holes, it's pretty negligible). The accretion disc is not more part of the black hole, than the planets are part of the sun.

This is actually very interesting. I love learning about anything space related because it's THE most unknown thing beyond our solar system and the galaxies surrounding it. What about the END of space? Some say there is none. So space has always been of interest to me, no matter how much it scares me.

Space is not infinite, but it doesn't necessarily have an end. The same way the surface of the earth is not endless large, yet it has no edge you can fall off like people thought in the old days.

A bit simplified, some phenomena suggests that the universe is actually a 3-dimensional surface of a 4-dimensional body, of course, we're so small it appears flat to us (like the earth appears flat to people standing on it). An example of such a phenomenon is that all galaxies in the universe moves away from all other galaxies in the universe. If you draw spots on a balloon, and then inflate it; the spots will all move away from each other in much the same way.

Tranquiose
03-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Very interesting though i want to see :3 milky way :3....
this is discovered long time ago its 2006.
I like it. :3

Battler Ushiromiya
03-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Very interesting though i want to see :3 milky way :3....
this is discovered long time ago its 2006.
I like it. :3
Yes i know, but I decided to bring up random topics that most people dont see. XD 2 other topics like this that I have made.

The Butcher
03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I would read it,but is does not involve destruction info,and what COULD happen statements.

This is the kind of Science I'm in to,and weather.

Eris
03-13-2010, 06:00 AM
I would read it,but is does not involve destruction info,and what COULD happen statements.

This is the kind of Science I'm in to,and weather.

That's not science at all. That's speculation and discovery channel "science" (not to be confused with actual science.)