PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Browser] Problem with Opera and Livejournal

Miss Moonlight
03-12-2010, 03:00 PM
So, I just downloaded the new Opera 10.50. It works quickly and perfectly on basically every other site - except for livejournal.

The problem is that sometimes when I go to livejournal on opera, the forms, links and everything else are unclickable.

Meaning, that I cannot type into the login forms, or if I refresh sometimes it works, but other times I cannot click anything. I had hoped that the upgrade would somehow fix this issue, but it hasn't.

This problem also happened with earlier versions of opera, and it doesn't seem to happen on Chrome (or even IE 6.)

So, i'm wondering if it's a javascript problem on just the livejournal site, or something else in opera that makes everything unclickable, and basically renders the livejournal site unusable in opera because I can't login or do anything else on it.

Any help is appreciated, thank you. =3

Gero50
03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Well I don't disagree it is a problem with javascript. Though it might be the javascript engine in your browser not livejournal. If the problem has happened before with previous versions of Opera then I'm almost sure it is the browser. You already tried it in other browsers so it's not livejournal. The only way it might having something to do with livejournal is that it is uses a version of javascript that Opera dose not like or support fully. I would try it in the latest version of FireFox. I know Opera is faster but FireFox is more widely supported plus it is open souse. You may also check on the community forums for Opera to see anyone else has had this problem with livejournal or any other site.