PDA

View Full Version : Sos?

Artcell
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Hello people.
What's up with The SOS?lol.
I noticed that many of us now have 'Save Our Souls' in their usernames.....
So...what's with the SOS?I'm curious..

Daenerys
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
It means Sauce, I think it has to do with some anime that's coming out and people made a little "clan" to hang out in chat on.

Gjallarhorn
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
It's just some people in chat who decided to throw SOS up in front of their names and form a little group.

I assume it's a Haruhi reference, but I don't actually know.

Daenerys
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I assume it's a Haruhi reference, but I don't actually know.That's what they were saying it was in chat, I just couldn't remember what it was. That's an anime right?

Artcell
03-11-2010, 09:34 PM
It's just some people in chat who decided to throw SOS up in front of their names and form a little group.

I assume it's a Haruhi reference, but I don't actually know.

Oh I see now o.o;;

Sr Machinehead
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah it's a group from chat. The SOS stands for sauce. As in sauciness. that explains it pretty well.

Annie Hall
03-11-2010, 10:40 PM
SOS = SAUCE, and it is a Haruhi reference, but it's more than that, it's the product of Mine and Rayshay's lack of sleep, it's something anyone can join really >>;

And as a matter of fact, .Elmer, you inspired it, because of the dot in front of yours and others names >>;; we wanted to one up you guys :D<33333333333

SAVING OUR SAUCE!

Kumoness
03-11-2010, 10:40 PM
We're just Saucy.

:elephant::banana:

Anime Forum
03-11-2010, 10:44 PM
How do I get into the SOS? And if I do may I be granted god and king?

Annie Hall
03-11-2010, 10:48 PM
You go change your username to SOS Miz, and tadaaaa, but no you cannot be supreme anything. :3

Anime Forum
03-11-2010, 10:51 PM
You go change your username to SOS Miz, and tadaaaa, but no you cannot be supreme anything. :3

That could be a deal breaker then. I'm a huge fan of being the one to beat and everything. I'll consider it, but its not looking so good. <<

Annie Hall
03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
It's ok, if you don't think you're saucy enough ;]

Vyndrasta
03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
^ SOS Miz works just fine.

Annie Hall
03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
You should join, Vyndi :3

Artcell
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
So I can join too?O.o;;

Annie Hall
03-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Yess ma'am, you sure can :D

Vyndrasta
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
But I'm not in AF chat as much.
I have a whole different chat to moderate/babysit.
It's called the dreaded World of Warcraft general "/2" chat
with spammers and crazy players.

xD

@ .Elmer: DO ET!!!

Annie Hall
03-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Hahha understandable, but even still, SOS doesn't have to be a chat thing, it can expand onto the forums :D

Sr Machinehead
03-11-2010, 11:08 PM
SOS expansion. Now that sounds like a lovely idea.

Artcell
03-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I did it!=D
Yays for me!

Vyndrasta
03-11-2010, 11:28 PM
SOS expansion. Now that sounds like a lovely idea.

Oh snaps.
Here comes ginger. =)
I say go for it.
You guys should make tshirts or something.
I'd buy it =o !

I did it!=D
Yays for me!

Congrats. :cool:

Sr Machinehead
03-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the SOS then Elmer.

T-shirts. We need an all out gift shop.

Zetsubou-Billy
03-11-2010, 11:29 PM
· · · — — — · · ·

Battler Ushiromiya
03-11-2010, 11:31 PM
This makes me want to do it as well. ^^
Bandwagon! Now I have a reason!
lol billy.

unruley700
03-12-2010, 12:57 AM
sos = saucy
saucy = intoxicated?

cuz i'm sober right now. but i def drank a 40 and a half of oe before coming to work the other night. am i in?

Ayame_Sohma
03-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Ah, I was wondering what the whole SOS thing was about.

Thanks for explain

Eris
03-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Don't need no stinkin' SOS!

sos = saucy
saucy = intoxicated? impertinent: characterized by a lightly pert and exuberant quality; "a certain irreverent gaiety and ease of manner"

cuz i'm sober right now. but i def drank a 40 and a half of oe before coming to work the other night. am i in?

Saucy does not mean what you think it does.

teed
03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
We make fun of the SOS group in chat. It's fun watching them get butthurt. :D

Skylar1
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
*sigh*

I remember back when the cool thing to do was- [username]__

Sad that I almost never see that one anymore. No love for double ending underscores? =[

Light Buster
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
That's what they were saying it was in chat, I just couldn't remember what it was. That's an anime right?
Yes it is, I'm guessing the SOS Brigade is really this popular.

-P.N.-
03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
OOOH! I learned something new today on AF. yay!
so SOS stand for "save our soul" I alway wonder what it is XD
I know it kinda meant "Help meh!" since they do that in the movie tho .
~P.N.~

-GAZKUL-
03-12-2010, 11:31 AM
bizzare, i was wondering what it was all about. though i dont think SOS GAZKUL sounds right

Annie Hall
03-12-2010, 08:37 PM
SOS GAZKUL sounds epic ._.;

And teed we don't get butthurt, you guys just devote so much time to being anti-SOS it gets old after a bit, I mean really when certain people (not referring to you) can't even hold an interesting conversation, yet feel like calling us lame, it's just silly.
But honestly it's really neat that we have haters ;] just makes us cooler, as does this topic xD

Battler Ushiromiya
03-12-2010, 08:43 PM

And teed we don't get butthurt, you guys just devote so much time to being anti-SOS it gets old after a bit, I mean really when certain people (not referring to you) can't even hold an interesting conversation, yet feel like calling us lame, it's just silly.
But honestly it's really neat that we have haters ;] just makes us cooler, as does this topic xD
Oh yes, and nice sig and avi. XD

Dark Wolf 09
03-12-2010, 08:44 PM
OOOH! I learned something new today on AF. yay!
so SOS stand for "save our soul" I alway wonder what it is XD
I know it kinda meant "Help meh!" since they do that in the movie tho .
~P.N.~

Actually its a Haruhi reference, the SOS Brigade.

And usually it means "Sauce" its what Ritto, and Wolley made up.

But you are welcome to join.

The SOS should be on the Meta-Wiki.

Annie Hall
03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks ^-^ I made them myself, and welcome to SOS btw.

The SOS should be on the Meta-Wiki.
Agreed!

Anime Forum
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Not making me god and king makes me rage. It made me rage enough that I'm going to create my seperate force call the five horsemen. No one is going to be able to guess where I got that from. <<

Dark Wolf 09
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Not making me god and king makes me rage. It made me rage enough that I'm going to create my seperate force call the five horsemen. No one is going to be able to guess where I got that from. <<

That's already happened during the 17th century in the Early Medieval ages, known as Black Death. But you are welcome to join, as a god, and king, everyone is technically who ever joins the SOS.

Anime Forum
03-12-2010, 08:54 PM
That's already happened during the 17th century in the Early Medieval ages, known as Black Death. But you are welcome to join, as a god, and king, everyone is technically who ever joins the SOS.

I don't know.. this deal seems a tad shifty to me. I sense some sort of trickery up your sleeve!

Dark Wolf 09
03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't know.. this deal seems a tad shifty to me. I sense some sort of trickery up your sleeve!

You will join the SOS --Waves his hand like some sort of Jedi and uses Jedi Mind trick--

TheThunderBringer
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
oof, my username might overflow into 2 lines above my avvie if I put in 3 more charactarz. And...I've never seen Haruhi! D:

Annie Hall
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
SOS ThunderBringer problem solved >.>;

Cobra Commander
03-12-2010, 10:00 PM

??? The Four Horsemen are Death, Famine, War, and Pestilence/Plague. Who's the fifth?

Anime Forum
03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
??? The Four Horsemen are Death, Famine, War, and Pestilence/Plague. Who's the fifth?

I meant four. << ignore the word fifth cobra.

unruley700
03-12-2010, 10:44 PM

well that sucks. thought i finally found a place on this forum where i felt like i belonged.

sos vs. anti-sos old school style wrestling match? and yes...we gonna need a lot of jelly

teed
03-13-2010, 10:24 AM

Now that isn't true at all. It doesn't happen as often as you think. o_o I always see you and Fox get butthurt over it, though. Rashay just laughs it off or joins us with the bashing. See, that's why I like him. He's really great.

The only reason why I'm against this group is because I usually dislike long user names. Then you guys came and made your names even longer... They really look ugly! Why can't everyone have short and simple names?! D:

The Anti-SOS isn't going to happen, btw! An even LONGER name. Hell no. We're fine with the way things are right now.

Srk
03-13-2010, 10:27 AM
It means Sauce, I think it has to do with some anime that's coming out and people made a little "clan" to hang out in chat on.

Not 'clan.' CULT.

They're all gonna run us over with their SOS buses!

Run for your life!

Daenerys
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM

Does it mean what I think it means? Cuz what I think it means is dirty.

Eris
03-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Does it mean what I think it means? Cuz what I think it means is dirty.

I edited the definition into the quote in my post.

-GAZKUL-
03-13-2010, 04:17 PM
the SOS are coming!!!!:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Diocletian
03-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Pffft...AF chat drama. Pffft....the word "hater".

Eris
03-13-2010, 06:02 PM
The AF chat is a bunch of rank amateurs when it comes to eDrama. The forum has a list of eDrama achievements a mile long. The more remarkable ones being:

Just recently:
* Capernicus and like half the forum with her ragequitting last year
* Me ragequitting after a long rant in Site Issues a couple of months earlier coining the expression "Doing an Eris" (i.e. ragequitting and then coming back 3 weeks later)
* The annual AF yearbook drama

Also, the rep war, etc.

Daenerys
03-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't forget the Love Fest.

Diocletian
03-13-2010, 06:10 PM
AF in general is full of amateurs when it comes to eDrama. Something Awful is where it's at. There drama is never public and is always behind the scenes and then blogged about, the way it should be.

Daenerys
03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes, because the only reason why ANYONE comes to AF is because there's the occasional drama thread that lights up your eyes like christmas morning.

False.

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Was I the only one that as not wondering about this?I didn't even notice when people changed to SOS in their names.

Diocletian
03-13-2010, 06:24 PM
I would have to disagree. What makes forums interesting are the threads that start discussion, anger, joy, etc. I'm sure everyone would agree they would rather see a thread where two people are arguing than threads about drinking out of water hoses. Or maybe that's just me.

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I would have to disagree. What makes forums interesting are the threads that start discussion, anger, joy, etc. I'm sure everyone would agree they would rather see a thread where two people are arguing than threads about drinking out of water hoses. Or maybe that's just me.
I would want to see both myself.

Daenerys
03-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Was I the only one that as not wondering about this?I didn't even notice when people changed to SOS in their names.
Most of the people with SOS names frequent chat, not the forums.

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Most of the people with SOS names frequent chat, not the forums.
Link please?

wolfgirl90
03-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Hello people.
What's up with The SOS?lol.
I noticed that many of us now have 'Save Our Souls' in their usernames.....
So...what's with the SOS?I'm curious..

Since a bunch of people have already answered the question, I'll just give some random trivia.:p

STORY TIME!

SOS technically doesn't stand for anything. Many people think that it stands for "Save Our Souls" or "Save Our Ship" but it doesn't. SOS are just the letters used to help remember the Morse code for the distress signal (since the signal uses the letters). "Save Our Souls" is actually a backronym to help remember the SOS signal. Funny how that works.

Okay, continue with the thread.:laugh:

Dark Wolf 09
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Since a bunch of people have already answered the question, I'll just give some random trivia.:p

STORY TIME!

SOS technically doesn't stand for anything. Many people think that it stands for "Save Our Souls" or "Save Our Ship" but it doesn't. SOS are just the letters used to help remember the Morse code for the distress signal (since the signal uses the letters). "Save Our Souls" is actually a backronym to help remember the SOS signal. Funny how that works.

Okay, continue with the thread.:laugh:

My Story Time:

SOS is technically "Save our Sauce" and its just a Haruhi reference of SOS Brigade, which we do random activities, and such. It's just a chat group in AF, not really necessary in forums, but its fun to do stuff when chat dies we usually make chat go with random things.

And Teed, I do not get butthurt, I don't understand the hate about the SOS though. I get confused about it. Mostly anybody can join in if they want too, its a family thing. Thanks though about the Anti-SOS thing.

unruley700
03-13-2010, 10:39 PM
The AF chat is a bunch of rank amateurs when it comes to eDrama. The forum has a list of eDrama achievements a mile long. The more remarkable ones being:

Just recently:
* Capernicus and like half the forum with her ragequitting last year
* Me ragequitting after a long rant in Site Issues a couple of months earlier coining the expression "Doing an Eris" (i.e. ragequitting and then coming back 3 weeks later)
* The annual AF yearbook drama

Also, the rep war, etc.

it would have been a lot cooler if it was called "doing an iron-fist eris"

Annie Hall
03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Lulz, @ Fox's story, much more accurate.

Well, I do get annoyed, and I get mean sometimes, but it doesn't hurt me on a personal level.

ZenErik
03-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Mean SOMETIMES? LOL.

RaShayRitto
03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
I did it!=D
Yays for me!

HOLY CRAP we officially absorbed our rival clan! >=D muahahhhaha we've slathered the sauce all over EVERYTHING!

MissAstaire
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
This 'SOS' thing reminds me of when we all had Kermit as our avvys. That was way awesomer.

unruley700
03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
i think i might start my own af crew. we will call ourselves "the lone rangers". anyone can join. the more the merrier

-GAZKUL-
03-16-2010, 01:07 PM
im tellin ya they're ninjas:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Nanobyte
03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
We are actually making a SOS Theme song atm. lots of Metal and Rock in it :laugh:

WE LOVE GUITAR =D

*Tsuki*
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
This 'SOS' thing reminds me of when we all had Kermit as our avvys. That was way awesomer.

That's exactly what I was thinking!
I participated in that . . .
but . . .
SOS doesn't work for my name.

SOS *Tsuki*
D= No.
Even without the asterisks, SOS Tsuki is just odd. <.<

Plus I'm never in chat, and I hardly ever answer my pms anymore.
I'm completely out of it. ;_;

Christian Cage
03-19-2010, 08:38 PM
I joined to add oil to the fire of hatred! >=o As the most hated chat user ever, the great and outcasted MUSIC FIEND, I give the SOS that extra glow..that extra sparkle, baby. >_>;

Oh, and Wolley made me do it. She made me join! <<;; She...she...used charms.

Lavos
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I wanted to join, but Wolley said I wasn't cool enough to.