PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Device] CD burner is not burning

steplauna
03-11-2010, 04:46 AM
My cd burner is not burning. It reads and plays CD & DVDs just fine. It use to burn CD's but now it doesn't. When i try and burn a CD it goes through the whole process of burning. But when the CD comes out it comes out blank. Don't know what is wrong with it. I have Windows XP.

Gero50
03-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Well it could be any number of things
Though it sounds like either the CDs you're using are bad or the program you use is not being set right. There is many different types of disks you can burn. For example. If you're trying to burn and audio CD to play in another CD drive or the car or maybe even your home DVD player you need to ensure you're burning it as an Audio CD. The settings for this are found in the burn/write options of your burning suite. They may also been set up in a wissard which is more common. Another thing to remember when burning any kind of disk is to make sure you do not burn it at the highest speed. Many DVD drives support burring speeds of up to as high as 24x or even higher sometimes. You should burn them at a lower speed for better quality, something like 4x or even 2x. Though I think 4x is good because it dose not take forever and it still burns with very view errors.

I hope this helps and good luck.
If this dose not work you may need to buy a new drive, though even if that is the case they're cheep. You can also try buying some DVD drive cleaner. Sometimes dust can get in between the case and tray and get on the laser causing read errors. So if the drive laser can't read the disk right it is not going to burn correctly.

Eris
03-12-2010, 04:56 AM
This guy is having -a lot- of technical issues. Is it some form of bot that posts questions on forums and then harvests the answers, I wonder? Every single thread he has started has been in this forum, all on the same format.

--edit--

It's really starting to look that way (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%22comes+out+blank.+Don%27t+know+what%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=22b4dcbb1403dc0f). He's posting the same threads (http://g4tv.com/users/steplauna/index/) on all those forums; and most importantly, just like here, he only posts help requests, never any other threads.

FlashD
03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Hmm ... I've never seen such a bot. O_o;;
If that's the case I'm locking these threads down and ban the bot, since the issues are not really rocket science anyway.