PDA

View Full Version : Who here is over the age of 14 and plans on buying the new pokemon game?

03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
*guiltily raises hand*

I gotta be honest, it looks awesome.

Ryuuzaki HD
03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
In B4 move.

Got Heart gold for Christmas and I preordered Soul Silver so yes but I don't see how age is relevant.

Skylar1
03-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I can totally see myself 40 years from now still making pokemon jokes and playing the games.

Oh, and yeah. I plan on getting it.

Kaname Shikara
03-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I plan on getting Soul Silver in a couple weeks and Heart Gold for my birthday :)

Gero50
03-10-2010, 03:14 PM
I am 20 and I love Pokemon so I'm going to say maybe. I would buy it but I don't have the system to play it.

wolfgirl90
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I am 19 years old. I will turn 20 in June. I have almost every Pokemon game. I have participated in many Pokemon events including the recent Pokemon giveaways (Arceus, Pikachu-colored Pichu, Jirachi, etc). And I am not ashamed.:cool:

I will indeed be purchasing the new Pokemon games (namely SoulSilver since Silver was the one I got years ago).

I even still have this nifty Game Boy carrier that's just right for the occasion.:p

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_610394b980c2a2afd4.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=49129)

Kaname Shikara
03-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I am 19 years old. I will turn 20 in June. I have almost every Pokemon game. I have participated in many Pokemon events including the recent Pokemon giveaways (Arceus, Pikachu-colored Pichu, Jirachi, etc). And I am not ashamed.:cool:

I will indeed be purchasing the new Pokemon games (namely SoulSilver since Silver was the one I got years ago).

I even still have this nifty Game Boy carrier that's just right for the occasion.:p

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_610394b980c2a2afd4.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=49129)

That is so cool XD I got Gold a few years ago and still have it but it's so old I've played it so much that it's glitchy when not played for awhile :x

Aki no iko
03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Not me, I only liked the original Pokemons. The newer ones make me want to dropkick Chuck Norris and get myself beat up. >> No offense, original is always better.

Anime Forum
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Not me, I only liked the original Pokemons. The newer ones make me want to dropkick Chuck Norris and get myself beat up. >> No offense, original is always better.

I actually find this post quite odd because the Johto Region is awfully similar to the original one. Same voice casting / a lot of the same pokemon / the graphics are pretty much the same and the originals for both games were made around the same time.

Saint Seiya
03-10-2010, 08:35 PM

i agree

-Batman-
03-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Getting both versions. And I've never gotten both/all three versions since Gen II.

and the only reason I'm getting both is because...Well...It's Gold and Silver.
I mean, come on. Gold/Silver/Crystal were my favorite games in the series.

Buruku
03-10-2010, 09:31 PM
The first pokemans game came out in 1998 (in the US) so people who are my age (21) were 10 years old when they first started playing the games.

That's why I think it's no surprise there are a lot of "older" people who buy the games now.

sa5m
03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Heck yes, gotta have me some Pokemanz.
Though I would never buy both versions. Why would you want to play the same game all over again just because of slightly different Pokemon? Lame waste of time, imho.
Also, like Batman says, this generation is the best.

-Batman-
03-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Heck yes, gotta have me some Pokemanz.
Though I would never buy both versions. Why would you want to play the same game all over again just because of slightly different Pokemon? Lame waste of time, imho.
Also, like Batman says, this generation is the best.

If you're like me?

Keep one as a primary game.
Use the other to restart a new game, for the ADVVVENNNTURREEE YAY of it all.
Before you restart one version under a new game, transfer all the poke'mon to the other.

Only reason I never got around to it with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Diamon/Pearl/Platnium is because...Well.
Gen 3 was exactly my favorite. Felt like a step backwards to me (Although some of my favorite poke'mon come from that gen)
And Gen 4...Well, I was just always too lazy to pick up another copy.

Diocletian
03-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I have no nostalgic value attached to Gold or Silver, so no. I only liked the Johto anime with Jimmy and his Thyphlosion, but that's about it.

I have severe nostalgic value attached to Ruby, Saphire and Emerald so if they ever remade that for the DS, I would be first in line to buy it.

Gjallarhorn
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I will be getting HeartGold. It comes out at the start of my spring break, and I plan to do little more than play it.

Also, this (http://www.gameobserver.com/review/inside/all-platforms/pokemon-heartgold-version-electronic-perfection-451/). "Not only are these Pokémons the greatest handheld games ever created, but they represent the deepest and most addictive titles you’ll ever own."

Diocletian
03-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I believe I'm one of like four people in the world that ever outgrew Pokemon. Once I realized that all the guys behind Pokemon wanted to sell me cards instead of trying to make me the Pokemon master, I died a little inside. At least with Yugioh I was the guy who beat everyone.

Light Buster
03-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe. I'm still at it in MW2, especially with new DLC coming out.

sa5m
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
If you're like me?

Keep one as a primary game.
Use the other to restart a new game, for the ADVVVENNNTURREEE YAY of it all.
Before you restart one version under a new game, transfer all the poke'mon to the other.
But the moneyz. D:
My friend is getting Gold and I'm getting Silver. That's my way of getting all the Pokemon!

Acnologia
03-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Definitely, I love pokemon. Johto was my favorite too.

Eris
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Moved to Video Games.

Shwayze
03-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Here; definitely going to go pick up Heartgold. I loved the original Gold version so much, best Pokemon game I ever played.

Zandan
03-11-2010, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't mind playing it at all. I still play the old red and blue versions for some reason sometimes. Also just beat the crap out of leaf green a week ago again.

Buruku
03-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Also pokewalker, !!! I am taking that thing EVERYWHERE with me.

J_Rogers
03-11-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm 19 years old and I already have it pre-ordered...

Skylar1
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Also pokewalker, !!! I am taking that thing EVERYWHERE with me.
It'll make for a great conversation starter.

A: "How's it going?"

B: "Not too bad"

A: "Hm? what's that?"

B: "Oh this? it's my pokewalker!"

A: "..."

B: "I use it to take my pokemon with me where ever I go~" =^_^=

A: ".. can I take a look at it?"

B: http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/summer-winds/other%20or%20multiple%20anime/scarybotan.jpg

NO IT'S MINE! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!

poshyterra
03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
*hand shoots up in the air*

MEE! I'M GETTING HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER!

StabWound
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Right here. Actually, I already have it.

Zeal Punch
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I said to myself I was done with Pokemon, but it's kinda hard putting down for good since I've been playing since I was 8. So, yes... I'm buying it! :laugh:

tenzo_groupie
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
I do.:p I love pokemon games.

Condey
03-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Aren't these two new games remakes? Sorry, I haven't played anything involving Pokemon in years.

MangaDude11
03-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm 13. People at school thinks it's gay... So I keep it secret, but on Wednesday I'm getting SoulSilver (CANT WAIT!)

Knight Marcus Flint
03-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm 20 and I want the game! I wanted a DSi for Metroid Prime Hunter's so I guess I need other game's too. (I'm a huge Metroid fan)
The only thing I never liked about Pokemon was the character Ash from the t.v. show. : P I never liked him at all. . . Plus I take it as a personal challenge to "catch 'em all".