PDA

View Full Version : School Anime Club. Not sure where else to post. Click Here please.

BlackChidori93
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Ok I'm trying to start an anime club at my school, becuase sadly there isn't one. There is an anime club at my old school but they didn't do anything. So I'm not sure what an anime club should do. Any suggestions?
:wacko:

kimi no kioku
03-09-2010, 08:34 PM
The anime club at the library by my house just puts anime on and talks while eating/watching.

lilaznkid
03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, there's an anime club at my current school, although I don't go there. I went there once and well you just play like one episode of a random anime. When I went there, they were showing an episode of Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann. And depending on when you do your club too, cuz most of the clubs at my school occur during lunch so there's only half an hour.

Aki no iko
03-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Find a sponsoring teacher who's into Anime as well, and advertise, advertise, advertise for members. However, make it mandatory to come to every meet with the exception of a legit excuse, such as doctors appointment or a funeral. Keep the club organized and packed with activities, and whatnot, make t-shirts. Have a contest within the club of who can draw the best, most appealing Anime-related drawing and form it in a shirt. Of course, sell them to make a profit for future activities as well as take part in school-related activities. Two years ago, my school's Anime club went to Comic Con out of the city. However, if you slack on it, the club is just going to become a hangout spot of no business and the teacher will eventually give up on the ridiculous members, as my history teacher did. I wasn't a member, but I helped out because I was asked to.

Light Buster
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, one, you'll need to get the principle's/adviser's permission before you do this. Two, you'll need the funding to keep it alive so hope that the school has enough money to prevent it from dying. Three, you'll need a good ad to get a lot of members. Four, you need representives to run the thing. That's pretty much the basics to start one.

Diocletian
03-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm going to be honest, you just shouldn't make an anime club. They tend to warp your perspective on anime fandom in general. Anime fans, especially ones in high school, are going to be very subjective in what they watch. If you show them something that shows the values of anime as an artform, like say Angel's Egg or Whispers of the Heart, the room will be emptied in about two minutes. They want to see the latest fansubbed episode of whatever is running in Japan right now, or Naruto.

You should just try putting up flyers to come to your home and see some anime. Build up from there.

Daenerys
03-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Get together and read manga.
Get together and watch anime.
Get together and discuss anime.
Get together and post on animeforum.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm going to be honest, you just shouldn't make an anime club. They tend to warp your perspective on anime fandom in general. Anime fans, especially ones in high school, are going to be very subjective in what they watch. If you show them something that shows the values of anime as an artform, like say Angel's Egg or Whispers of the Heart, the room will be emptied in about two minutes. They want to see the latest fansubbed episode of whatever is running in Japan right now, or Naruto.

You should just try putting up flyers to come to your home and see some anime. Build up from there.
I understand this. That's how the people at my anime club are. They only talk about what's 'in' at the time, not the actual good stuff. It's "Death Note this" or "Death Note that". It gets rather tedious.

Cobra Commander
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I think I quit the anime club back in school because we kept watching Fushigi Yuugi and I didn't like it. I think they just wanted something cute and PG rated. Speaking of Death Note, I liked the live action movie much more than I liked the anime, even though Ryuk looked pretty darned fake at times.

-GAZKUL-
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
on the school club thing i think that you should first find out how many people are interested first , then find out what the general taste in anime is and show a few episoneds after school with time at the end to discuss