PDA

View Full Version : Dance Of The Relics (rpg)



Ayumi
02-10-2004, 06:45 PM
(OOC)Alright everyone... Let's begin! Post your character's starting points. Make up the names of Villages they come from, remember I can always be reached for help (writers block).


*On the edges of reality, within the mists of shades walks a veiled figure, half transparent as most shades (ghosts) are. Yet this shade walks with a purpose and it's stride takes it to the sacred circle of the living and the dead... It is said of this such place that if you make a blood sacrefice to the holy waters you may see the ghost of who ever you want.

It is just such a sacrefice that brings this ghost to the crossroads between the waking world and that of the eternally asleep.

From mists forms the shape of a dark and sinister man. The Rival Goddess in the shade and the Dark God meet and as the ghost draws back her hood an ethereal shimmer lights the mist darkened air. In the silence the faintest of whispers can be heard*

"So it begins....."

Yamcha
03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Birds chirp all around creating a ballad of peacefullness and tranquility. Just on the on the out skirts of Angmar lay a vast field. Skattered trees spec the feild and atop a oak lay a young man resting. Leaning his back agianst the trunk of the tree, Zelos rests in harmony with the vast scenery. Over head the sky turns from a deep blue to an ash gray. Thunder softly belows from the depths of the earth, making the ground shudder tensely. From a deep sleep he wakes up grabbing ahold of the staff attached to his back.
Huh? I finally get a nice chance to rest and then this happens...My luck is definitly not as good as I thought it was. Or maybe I just never had much luck to begin with, in which case might lead to some reasoning on how I got these scars. Heh, all the ladies like scars what am I talking about? Guess maybe I do have some luck after all.
Just then lighting strikes all around him, and imeditly pours down raining
Guess I should keep my day job. Which by the way I havn't had any good paying jobs in some time now. Well no use standing around here I guess I better get headed to somewhere.
He then hops down from out of the tree landing solidly on his feet. He pulls on a hood over top his head. Water continually drips down from the tips of his bangs as he slowly truts his way through the already soaked field. As he walks lightning streaks across the gray sky
I'm guessing the gods aren't so happy now...

Alien Trance
06-14-2004, 09:32 PM
(I hope it's alright if I join here, and if my character is a bit odd. Let me know it there's anything you need me to change...!)

The young woman bowed her behatted head to the innkeeper, mildly embarrassed as she rummaged through her bag. The innkeep, a short, balding man with only a ring of white hair about his head and a stern, pockmarked face glowered at her as he crossed pudgey arms across his chest, and over his enormous stomach.
Muttering a few tainted curses, the femme dropped her bag on the ground carelessly- Though this hardly mattered. As she had just proven, there was nothing in there of value anyhow. Beginning to rifle through the pockets on her overlarge breeches, she uttered a curse. Where in the Name of the Nine had all of her money gone...? Casting a spare glance to the increasingly irritated innkeeper, she swallowed audibly through her parched mouth. Plague, pox and perdition! She'd not be stuck here working to pay off her debt to this man.

"Well?" The stout little man barked, leaning across the countertop to peer at her with his beedy little eyes. "Yeh got th' mohnee er what?" Unfolding his arms, one took rest upon a hip (or rather, where a hip would be if it could be discerned from the rest of his body) as the other pointed a finger directly in the young lady's face. "If yeh dun' got the cash, mizzee, Uh'm sure we could find summut fer ya ta do 'round 'ere to pay me back." The little man's face had turned a sinister shade, his greedy little eyes traveled the length of her body, which instantly infuriated the girl. Grabbing her bag from the ground, she put a leather-bound, gloved hand upon her head as she felt her crest rising.

"Bloody pervert!" she spat, reaching into her leather boot to extract her emergency supply of coin. Tossing a few upon the countertop, she stalked out of the room, looking comical as her hand was still clasped on top of her head.

Fuming away, she only stopped about a quarter mile away from the inn. It had begun to rain, thusly soaking the leather hat. And leather is one sunoffagun to wear when its wet. Peeling it off, she checked the two buns of hair that rested upon her head. From said hairdos branched three black, bony prongs, between which was a membranous silver webbing. The headwings stretched their full width as she peeled off the gloves, which in turn revealed a pair of tiny wings, similar to the ones on her head only smaller, that branched from the backs of her hands.

"Pox on it," she muttered, irritated as she flung back her head to the sky, allowing the rain to fall upon her face. From the hem of her trousers emerged a long, whippish, scaled tail that wavered back and forth. Of course, she only did these things after having satified herself that there was no one about to see.

And so she stood in the rain and sighed, wondering where to go next...

(Wow, I apologize, that turned out more of a novel than I had intended... The rest will be shorter, I swear!)

Ayumi
06-15-2004, 01:00 PM
*A very tall and mysterious figure pulls up out of nowhere and stands infront of the young woman who just left the seedy little inn. The cloaked and hooded figure seems almost menacing and makes a graceful if careful bow of greeting and reaching into his cloak pulls out a scroll sealed by way of wax.
His face cannot be seen but a whispering voice floats to her ears as he speaks.*

Hail Adventurer... or so I assumed from your demeanor?

*Silently and patiently he waits for her to speak*

Alien Trance
06-15-2004, 04:30 PM
The young woman would nearly jump out of her skin, having not even noticed that the figure approached her. Gasping, she looks to the cloaked individual, scrabbling into her bag for the hat and gloves she had so carelessly discarded. Trance, you fool! You should have known someone would be around...! she thinks.

Her panicked frenzy ceases, however, as he speaks, and she freezes dead still. Not a muscles moves on her body, as she is still poised where she is, hands within her bag with torso twisted towards said device. Only her head moves round to take stock of the figure, who, standing several heads above her, seems quite intimidating indeed...

At his words, she nods slowly, body stil unmoving, seemingly. However, she fingers would continue to discreetly shuffle through the bag's items, searching for something to aid her if he should be hostile.

"Aye," she says, blinking warily. The dual crests upon her head would slowly fold, almost turning to the back of her head in an attempt to hide them. "A traveler I am. What business have you?" There is something very off about this figure- Normally people were astonished to see her 'wings', but his voice is seemingly clam. Something is very off with him indeed...

Ayumi
06-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Alien [email protected] 15 2004, 04:30 PM
"Aye," she says, blinking warily. The dual crests upon her head would slowly fold, almost turning to the back of her head in an attempt to hide them. "A traveler I am. What business have you?" There is something very off about this figure- Normally people were astonished to see her 'wings', but his voice is seemingly clam. Something is very off with him indeed...
The Shadowy figure seems to contemplate her answer before speaking

More than a traveler from my understanding... And my business could well be of the very sort you might seek. A business that could leave you so well rewarded as to never worry of walking in the rain without a place of your very own to go to again.
But let us not speak of business in such an unpleasent place, take this scroll and this pouch. The scroll will have the directions you need to find our meeting room and the pouch has the key to said room. I look forward to seeing you there...

*And after giving her the pouch and scroll he bows cordially. A brisk wind brushes them both and as it touches him he is carried away by it like sand is brushed from a sheet of paper until none of him remains.*

red storm
06-18-2004, 01:08 AM
Loran sighed, annoyed as he looked at the gang of thugs that stood before him. He didn't ask for this, but then again, he hadn't asked for that apple tree a few miles back either. That was lucky.

"your or money or your life." one of the thugs said. "Yee, aint we original." Loran muttered. "Well, since I don't have any gold on me since I left Dreshea, I guess you have to try to take my life."

The thugs apperantly had no sense of humor, for they all charged at him, waving clubs, axes and plain fists. Loran shook his head, as a ninja of the village of Dreshea, he had nothing to fear from scum like this. He sidesteped a first and slamed his fist in his neck, dropping him down unconsious.

The second was waving his axe to wildly to get close. He swung his axe towards Loran and managed to nick his arm. Loran grabed his arm in pain, and immediatly Red Storm, the angel within him, the reason he was cast out of his village, stirred to protect.

Loran pushed him down, the last thing he needed was total destruction of the forest. He needed to finish this fast. "Katon, gokakyuu no jutsu" The thug never had a change, he was instantly vaporised by the fireball that shot forth, the rest stood there, paralized. A few shurikens later, it was al over.

Loran went to check the bodies, but couldn't find any gold on the bodies that were still in one piece. "Great, I vaped the leader, really smart Loran." He sighed once more, and went on with his journy.

barely had he taken a few steps before he saw two travelers talking to eachother, one gave the other something, then dissapeared. He blinked, "what was that?" he wondered.

Ayumi
06-18-2004, 11:24 AM
*If Loran wondered what transpired between the two in the shadows he did not wonder for long as a shadowy hand appears with whatseems to be no arm or body and offers wordlessly an identical scroll and pouch. The Hiss of the rain turns into a raspy whisper which speaks to him.*

Hail worthy one... come take this, the instructions are written on the scroll and the key resides within the pouch... You are capable of a great many deeds dark and light... Come for a chance at the adventure of a lifetime... I assure you nothing offered in this meeting will disapoint.

*The hand waits for him to take the offerings with only the sound of the falling rain to accompany it.*

Alien Trance
06-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Trance would accept the pouch, with her arm initially jerking upwards in the anticipation of more weight. Before the figure had even a chance to leave, she'd ripped open the top of it. If there was something menacing in this bag, she wanted this man, whoeverheis, to be there when it was opened.

A mixture of relief and almost confusion ghosts over her face as she finds the contents to only be what had been said. Lifting a brow, she looks upwards once more, to find that the figure has gone, leaving naught a trace of him- Not even an indentation in the grass where he had stood.

Twin crests would twitch in agitation, as she ponders to her herself what she should do. In honesty, she admits to herself that really, it did not matter where she goes from here- After all, having been exiled from the south, and having no place willing to take her on, there isn't any place for her to go anyway.

Turning her face upwards to the rain, she turns a full circle, tiny wings on her hands flapping idly. However, something catches her eye, as she looks to see a young man, being offered pouch much like hers by that same shadowy figure. Lifting a brow, she simply begins to wander her way over to him, without concealing her Wyvernous traits. Who really cares at that point anyhow?

And so, tail swishing, headcrests visible, she makes her way towards him.

(( OoC: Man, I'm really off with my tenses. Sorry guys! ))

red storm
06-19-2004, 03:48 AM
Loran hesitated, this shadowy person offered him an adventure, something to do. Long had it been since he was offered something, ever he was cast out of his village he had stood alone. What fool would he be if he denied this?

He looked at the shadow. Nothing seemed to be wrong about him, at least, Red Storm remained quiet. That meaned she didn't see this person as a threat. But Red Storm had been wrong before. Loran took a deep breath, and took the scroll and the pouch.

As soon as he took the scroll, the figure dissapeared the same way as before. Loran stood there for a moment before he turned around. He noticed that the girl who had talked with the figure before had noticed him and was walking towards him.

He froze as he noticed she had a tail and wings.

The girl stoped before him and Loran gulped. This girl... She had the same pouch and scroll as he. Perhaps she wasn't an enemy. Grabing his courage he spoke "Wel met traveler, I see we both have encountered the same mysterious person. My name is Loran, an outcast from the village of Dreshea."

He raised his hand for a handshake and waited for a reply.

Ashizu~
06-25-2004, 04:11 AM
She leans against the side wall of the inn....watching the events of the two travelers who where encounterd by a strange dark firgure..she wonders why the strangers had not noticed her before..what with her big black wings...she pays no mind and looks up into the dark sky...her eyes close slowly lettting the rain fall upon her face..thinking of past events and what is to come of her...she knows not where to go or who to see....

Lemas fral jah ...She says quietly to herself...Reapting the frase that was told to her by an old wiseman...She remebers he told her she was a Lemas Demon......But he could not say more for he burst into flames ...she asumed he was cursed....so she left the pile of ashes thinking to her self...This man could have told me what I needed to know.....what a waste...She felt the soft touch of the breeze as she turned around...the old mans ashes where sept away by the wind.... She returns to reality and hears the light thunder roar in the distance...feels the cold rain drops race down her face

Vash The Stampede16
06-28-2004, 04:40 PM
::Dante looks over at Ashizu::
"Greetings I am Dante, a traveling druid from the north. I was wondering if you have witnessed anything unusual around these parts?"

Ashizu~
06-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Without opening her eyes or moving she quietly says Hello Dante...I am Ashizu.....a....a Lemas Demon....and yes I have witnessed somthing unusual..She opens her eyes and looks at Dante A strange black figure past through here not to long ago...it gave somthing to the two figures over there She points to the strangers standing across the way I am not sure if they conversd with it but surrely they know more then I do....she looks up at the sky and closes her eyes once again. Mabye you should go talk to them.....

Vash The Stampede16
07-01-2004, 08:33 PM
::looks back at Ashizu,::
Well, maybe i should have been more specific. Any natural phenomnons?

Yamcha
07-20-2004, 06:37 PM
*Zelos walks west towards the vading light. The rain had stopped a few moments ago, and clouds were finally starting to break apart. Rays of sun light peaked through the cracks of clouds. As he walks he looks up at the sky to see a bird sore through the open plains.*
Wow....a bird all the way out here, now that's an oddity. Makes me kinda wanna have a smoke. Wait what am I talking about? I always want a smoke
*He pulls out a small package, and takes out a ciggarette. From the same package he pulls out a match, flicks it agianst the rough edge of the package and the match ignites. He puts the one end of the ciggarette in his mouth and then holds the enflamed end agianst the ciggarette and breaths in lighting the ciggarette. He then flicks the match with his index finger to his left and continues to walk on.*
Wow, I'm kinda hungry...I heard that there was some type of inn around here. Wonder if they'd let me stay for free, on account of my intimidating manner. Bah...I need to find my self some type of work around this foresaken waste land. Hell I need a woman, s'been a long shake since I've had some company...

red storm
08-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Loran stood, still waiting for a reaction from the winged girl in front of him.

Sudenly, he sensed he was being watched. He looked over were Dante and Ashizu stood. "Who goes there?" He caled.

Ashizu~
08-08-2004, 03:09 AM
She squeeses her eyes in dispise of the sunlight. She hears one of the figures calling out to her and Dante. She turns to look at it and starts to walk over..slowly..as to not cause tention between the new stranger..she stops and stands a fair amout of distance from he/she. She says in a calm voice. Hello stranger, I am Ashizu, Lemas Demon.Takes a bow And you are?

RagnarokOnline
08-08-2004, 03:17 AM
any one know about ragmarok online lol

red storm
08-10-2004, 05:26 AM
Loran blinked. That was the second demon he met in one day, but as the girl with wings, this one didn't produce any reaction from red storm either.

"Well met Ashizu, I am Loran, an outcast from the village of Dreshea." He said as he made a polite bow.

Ashizu~
08-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Smiles slighly Nice to meet you Loran...may I ask what that black figure was that passed through here not to long ago. I noticed that it gave you somthing, did it not?

red storm
08-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Loran nodded . "It did indeed, it gave me this scroll and pouch, and a promise of a great adventure. What it was, I have no idea. But it seems that it is a matter of great importance to it. The scroll seems to have directions to a meeting place. The pouch holds a key wich, I asume, is for the room in question."

He regarded Ashizu . "Why don't you join us? I do not think our 'shadow' will mind, and we might need your asistance, because I have a hunch this will result in a dangerous journy. And my hunches have never been wrong before."

Ashizu~
08-13-2004, 03:45 AM
Laughs slightly I see you are quiet confident in your hunches She smiles Hmm... I see no reason why I shouldn't partake in this journey. She looks up into the sky and laughs At times it seems I wander around aimlessly...She pauses and looks back at Loran But I won't get into that. ^^;

Vash The Stampede16
08-14-2004, 12:18 PM
::Dante looks back at ashizu:: "pardon me if i am being rude but have you witnessed any natural phenomnons (sp?)?"

red storm
08-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Loran blinked at Dante's sudden appearance "Natural phenomnenons? You mean like strange weather patterns? Or are demons not phenomenal enough?" Whats with this guys obsession for natural phenomnenons?

He turned back to Ashizu "Friend of yours?"

Ashizu~
08-18-2004, 10:24 PM
She looks over at Dante and gives an unsure look Natural Phenomenoms?... Then she looks back at Loran Umm.... well I wouldn't say "friend"...more like aquaitence(misspeld?) I just met him actually...

red storm
08-20-2004, 04:25 AM
Loran nodded in uderstanding "I see, perhaps he can join us too?" He looked back at Dante "If he wants it, that is."

Vash The Stampede16
09-04-2004, 06:38 PM
::looks at Loran:: "sorry if i come off as strange, i have reasons. what is this you're saying about me joining you? what for?"

red storm
09-05-2004, 05:17 AM
Loran frowned "I do not know myself, actually. Some shadowy figure gave me a scroll and pouch with a key and promised me a great adventure. I think the only way for us to find out is to go and find out."

He looked back at Dante "So, will you join us?"

Alien Trance
09-05-2004, 01:48 PM
(( Pox and plaugue. Sorry, everyone. Went on a trip and forgot to let you lot know...! Sorry again! ))

Trance, though she had not replied, had not been simply standing there staring into space in front of the man. Though it was likely discernable to the other person, she had switched her mode of vision to a form of 'spectral' view. There was something odd about him, too, and she was determined to find out. It became quite clear, however, the moment her eyes had shifted what it was that was different. Attatched to his form was another entity, though at the moment it seemed most dormant.

Fading her vision back to that of material, she looked between the two newcomers and Loran, waiting for a lull in the conversation to rejoin. As Loran finished speaking, twin crests would flare cheerfully atop her head.

"Aye! The more the merrier," she finally chimed in. Though her body faced the two newcomers, she tilted her head slightly in the direction of Loran. "Sorry about now answering before. I'm Trance, or so I go by. Trance, formerly of Ks'thech clan, formerly of the South."

red storm
09-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Loran smiled at Trance "Cool, nice to meet you Trance. This might be an adventure that will go down in history!"

He turned back to Ashizu and Dante "Let's go!" Loran was clearly excited, and no wonder! He finaly had made friends. Not since he was cast out of Dreshea did he have any friends, and now he had three!

Ayumi
09-25-2004, 09:09 PM
From the shadows of an unobserved alley-way, he watched the four newly bonded friends with the faintest of smiles awaiting their use of the scrolls to gain access to the meeting area. It was a long shot but the hand of fate willed the adventure ahead.
Smiling still, he turns and is absorbed by the shadows themselves knowing they would soon find their way to him.

Vash The Stampede16
10-01-2004, 04:58 PM
"i hate to be a buzzkill, but do any of you know where we are going?" Dante said to the other three.

lord_saikuya
10-06-2004, 06:05 AM
walks over a hill and see's a group of four people....runs down the hill waving....."hey.....um....scuse me but could you tell me where i am?"

red storm
10-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Loran blinked Uhm... that shadowy figure said that instructions would be written in this scroll, so perhaps we should read them?

Before he had a chance to open them, a guy walking towards them. He asks them were he is. Loran smiled, amused. Well, you're in the middle of a forest. If you're lost, you might come with us.

Ayumi
10-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Clouds slowly gather dark and ominus... it is not the natural rising of nature's rainmakers but something much more sinister the mist of evil..... The clouds rise from the cold black ground and sneak towards Loran and his friends. Seeing this manifestation of a greater evil, he who stands in shadow raises his power to hold back the darkness and calls to the adventures by way of a whisper in the wind,"Hurry!"

red storm
10-29-2004, 04:21 AM
Loran heard the voice at the same time red storm started stiring because of the evil aproaching. "Guys, we have to hurry!" He opened te scroll and started reading the directions. <I hope we'll make it in time>

red storm
11-08-2004, 03:36 PM
As Loran opened the scroll, he blinked at the unnusual instruction. <Tap against a tree three times?> He glanced backwards. <Whatever, no time to waste>

He stepped towards the nearest tree and tapped the scroll against it.

For a moment, nothing happened. But then a portal opened from inside the tree.

"Well whataya know, it worked." Loran muttered. He then turned to the others. "Hurry! This way! I think this leads us to the meeting place!" Without further hesitation, loran jumped trough the portal.

Ayumi
11-10-2004, 09:44 AM
*The Portal shimmers with radiant light frightening away the cold gloom of the night. It's warmth becons the remaining travelers through after Loran had jumped in. From the depths of the portal the adventurers can hear the beautiful and haunting sound of music made from a voice beyond the lovelyness of Angels. "Come to me..." it seemed to whisper and so waited for their entrance.

TeddyBear
12-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Ugh.. I dont know whats going on.. ^^