PDA

View Full Version : Little things you notice in Anime

Gero50
03-03-2010, 06:31 PM
So what are those little things you tend to notice in anime when you're watching it. It could be anything like the art styles the amount of different intertwining plots of any etc.

The things I tend to notice often at least in dubbed versions is the voice actors and actresses. I am getting pretty good at picking out art styles too.

John Watson
03-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I notice the voice actors as well.

Also something else. In EVERY single anime someone says the phrase. "It has nothing to do with you." I swear they do, in EVERY anime...or at least in all of the anime I've watched.

The Butcher
03-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I too notice the VA's.

Can't pick anything else.

Miss Digital Moonlight
03-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, I rarely watch anime anymore, but i've always noticed the little details that the animators put in to amuse themselves or because they don't think anyone else will notice it.

Like, in Sailormoon's first season, in the episode where she fights beryl for the last time, I noticed that the crescent moons on her choker and boots were crooked when she was lonely/sad ... to denote that she's "off balance" without her friends. I always thought that was kind of cool.

And of course, the difference in the animation style between the seasons.

Of course, there are many, many other things that i've noticed in many other anime, but i'd spend way too much time explaining them all. =3

Aizen-sama
03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
i notice voices form other animes,artwork especially

Gero50
03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I notice the voice actors as well.

Also something else. In EVERY single anime someone says the phrase. "It has nothing to do with you." I swear they do, in EVERY anime...or at least in all of the anime I've watched.

I too notice the VA's.

Can't pick anything else.

Well, I rarely watch anime anymore, but i've always noticed the little details that the animators put in to amuse themselves or because they don't think anyone else will notice it.

Like, in Sailormoon's first season, in the episode where she fights beryl for the last time, I noticed that the crescent moons on her choker and boots were crooked when she was lonely/sad ... to denote that she's "off balance" without her friends. I always thought that was kind of cool.

And of course, the difference in the animation style between the seasons.

Of course, there are many, many other things that i've noticed in many other anime, but i'd spend way too much time explaining them all. =3
Well the VAs are always easy to notice because in dubs anyway they pretty much always use the same ones. Like in 4Kids in just about all of their dubs anything from Yu-Gi-Oh to Kirby Right Back At CHA they have pretty much hired the same voice acting team with some exceptions but my point is still valid

As for what you're noticing Miss Moonlight, it is things like the animaters either not paying attention to what they're doing all the time or just playing around like you said..

daft
03-04-2010, 01:44 AM
I've noticed how anime artists can make drawn clouds appear even more radically awesome than clouds in real life.

Gero50
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I've noticed how anime artists can make drawn clouds appear even more radically awesome than clouds in real life.
Yah I've seen that happen to. Though clouds are not that hard to draw. Though when you wanna start adding details like these people do then there is where it starts to come together.

Skylar1
03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Usually things like the sorts of folds in the clothing, shapes and proportions of the body and head, deatail giving to facial features, whether or not the hair of the character is realistically correct or moves in it's own unique way, how the characters move and carry themselfs.

Things of that nature.

Käras
03-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Clothes. its weird but Its something that always seemed annoying, But I think its cool when the character accually wears differant clothes. Also when a characters accesory shows the characters emotion.

lilaznkid
03-04-2010, 09:15 PM
One thing I usually notice is when some person gets happy or extremely happy or whatever, their hair usually starts to float up and then you see that smile on their face while their head is rising.
Usually for those girls with shorter hair.

Gero50
03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Something else I tend to notice is the way the characters wink. You'll see female characters do it more often but still it is just something i like about most anime styles.